Thousand Eyes models: 1K Sons, Knights and Iron Warriors

Been a while but I am still working on things, my latest project is my Knight Valiant. I wanted to convert up a few bits and pieces on it to make it more mine. First thing that had to go was the pose that all the other Valiants walk in.

Next that harpoon didn't look quite long enough...

xFqYihRwoFsuTAVfZW2HwYzfcZ2GsAZDZaP5rD0_

YES! You're back!

Harpoon extension looks off to a great start and I feel bad for whatever poor sod is kept in that cage. Just imagine the head, fumes, and radiation poisoning they'll get. Not to mention folks probably wanting to shoot the weaker rear of a knight.

Looking forward to more, bud!

First time using an airbursh for more than a basecoat. Valiants conflagration cannon is coming along well, I think:

YNS5A6nhO4m-bRRE5EQRFofJEwN47FJadNqaRGcZ

YES! You're back!

Harpoon extension looks off to a great start and I feel bad for whatever poor sod is kept in that cage. Just imagine the head, fumes, and radiation poisoning they'll get. Not to mention folks probably wanting to shoot the weaker rear of a knight.

Looking forward to more, bud!

Thank you, that was an enthusiastic reply I didn't expect.

The cage was dropped in the end for this model, I am keeping it in mind for another knight which it will better suit.

Nice heat effect on the gun! Airbrush work looks top notch! Very interested in seeing who gets the cage now that you found a better candidate for it.

And I had a Captain America "I know that" moment when I saw your name. It's been awhile since I've seen you post something so It's good to see you back at it!

Looking good mate, loving the colour fade on the Conflagration cannon and the extension on the harpoon.  I felt the same about the barrel length on the Conflagration cannon compared to the one mounted on the Cerastus chassis so I can totally see where you're coming from.

SO spill the beans, where's the cage going? Do you have a secret Atropos you're not telling us about?:whistling:

Looking good mate, loving the colour fade on the Conflagration cannon and the extension on the harpoon.  I felt the same about the barrel length on the Conflagration cannon compared to the one mounted on the Cerastus chassis so I can totally see where you're coming from.

SO spill the beans, where's the cage going? Do you have a secret Atropos you're not telling us about?:whistling:

Oh I wish I did, sadly outside my price range.

But I do have a gallant lined up with a more active pose and some heavier armour...

• 2 months later...

Ok so I visit B&C daily but I do forget to actually update my own thread, mostly too busy updating the site. But here we go with my finished Valiant:

hpdi9sbkmgh11.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Then some Kataphron destroyers:

3o6qadvfgvl11.jpg

Followed by my Fulgurite Electro-Priests:

0aip0ec2a0n11.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

And finally my current piece that I am working on for Dreadtober. A Knight Gallant with a pair of Thunderstrike Gauntlets:

4vee3uc11is11.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Unrelenting Fury is well-painted, but why are there so many exposed cables/pipes on his thunderstrike gauntlets? Wouldn't they tear/break when he's engaged in close combat, with detrimental effects on the weapons' ability to function? Or are the cables/pipes not for the thunderstrike gauntlets, but for ranged weapons you mounted to them- maybe a flamestorm cannon concealed under each gauntlet, as the decorations on his pauldrons suggest- meaning Unrelenting Fury doesn't engage in close combat that often, so the vulnerabilities aren't as severe as I perceive?

The knights look great! I see what you mean about the Harpoon Being short, have you seen Krautscientist's harpoon on his Armiger? It's obviously a lot smaller but making your longer has reminded me of that, you could maybe use some of the designs for inspiration, it would be interesting to see what parts you use for that scale.

I love the double gauntlets, I would have made aknoght like that if it had been an option, looks really cool. Nice paint job too.

• 2 weeks later...

Unrelenting Fury is well-painted, but why are there so many exposed cables/pipes on his thunderstrike gauntlets? Wouldn't they tear/break when he's engaged in close combat, with detrimental effects on the weapons' ability to function? Or are the cables/pipes not for the thunderstrike gauntlets, but for ranged weapons you mounted to them- maybe a flamestorm cannon concealed under each gauntlet, as the decorations on his pauldrons suggest- meaning Unrelenting Fury doesn't engage in close combat that often, so the vulnerabilities aren't as severe as I perceive?

Yeah I don't get all the exposed cables myself, I was just trying to match the original model there.

The knights look great! I see what you mean about the Harpoon Being short, have you seen Krautscientist's harpoon on his Armiger? It's obviously a lot smaller but making your longer has reminded me of that, you could maybe use some of the designs for inspiration, it would be interesting to see what parts you use for that scale.

I love the double gauntlets, I would have made aknoght like that if it had been an option, looks really cool. Nice paint job too.

Not seen KTs stuff in a while, keep meaning to go back and look through his thread or blog.

Glad you like them though.

I did finish this though:

Warmith Curax, The Butcher

h0ckj4uo0hy11.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Ha ha ha ha... I hadnt even made the connection that we had had already spoken XD. As you know, have already expressed my approval for this model :thumbsup:

Thanks, I was delighted to se eyou in more than one spot of our little slice of the net.

Excellent work on Warsmith Curax. Is the similarity between his name and Corax coincidental, meant to honor the Raven Guard Primarch for aid his Legion provided during the Great Crusade, or meant as an insult?

Neither actually, I was searching a good name for him and nothing was springing to mind. So a random chaos name generator popped that up and I went with it. Remembered after about Corax, but by then the name was cannon in my head and I couldn't change it.

• 3 weeks later...

Back to some Iron Warriors now. I have alwys liked leviathans and when I got a gift of Cullen The Risen he was never going to end up loyal...

So this is the WIP so far. I have a resin base from Secret Weapon Miniatures for him to stand on and all. Not sure about sticking with the black or trying chevrons... again. You see I had them on the front carapace before but didn't like the look in the end.

jzj2vycbdf221.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

I think I saw this on Twitter or Instagram or something. It looks awesome, very threatening. Nice work, I like his stomping pose. Personally I feel like it could benefit from something to break up the black but I've been staring at knights and thinking about Heraldry a lot. I'd understand if you just went with the black

I think I saw this on Twitter or Instagram or something. It looks awesome, very threatening. Nice work, I like his stomping pose. Personally I feel like it could benefit from something to break up the black but I've been staring at knights and thinking about Heraldry a lot. I'd understand if you just went with the black

Originally I had chevrons up the front but I didn't like the end look. All still very work in process. A lot of details need picking out to give it some colour and break things up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...