Thousand Eyes models: 1K Sons, Knights and Iron Warriors

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings folks. I thought it was well past time I got my finger out and got my Forgefiend up to spec. Thankfully I got some good time to work on him last night and got him from his old state to this level. 

IMG_20160509_220047.jpg

and the other side:

IMG_20160509_220103.jpg

All still VERY WIP but there we go.

• 2 weeks later...

The Host of Rememberance, my Thousand Sons army, has gotten some extra dakka in the form of my a Forgefiend. Mind you he is named Shooty McShootface, which might lessen the appeal. Still on to the photos:

IMG_20160520_223630.jpg

IMG_20160520_223709.jpg

Taking some good advice on the last post about Shooty McShootface I re-did the demon skin on the legs. I did one of the very rare instances of mixing paint, just a drop of white with my liche purple to hit the higher areas. Then I washed it down with a heavily watered chaos black and went back to sweep it off the higher surfaces, leaving the recesses darker.

IMG_20160520_223742.jpg

Please drop a comment if you think of anything.

Edited by Thousand Eyes

• 3 weeks later...

Since Augustus said they would give me some bases for these I should enter the ETL oncemore.

I Thousand Eyes of the Host of Rememberance return to the E Tenebrae Lux V challenge and vow to complete the following units from Codex Chaos Daemons on or before August 15, 2016 for a total of 334 points:

IMG_20160608_192226.jpg

Herald of Tzeentch (155pts)
Disc of Tzeentch, Psyker Level 3, The Endless Grimoire

Flamers of Tzeentch (74pts)
3x Flamers, Upgrade one Flamer to Pyrocaster

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (105pts)
Icon of Chaos, 10x Pink Horrors, Upgrade one Pink Horror to Iridescent Horror

Yeah I know it is small but I am not even sure which demons I have at home. So pictures tonight, everything correct points wise AFAIK but do let me know if there is a mistake.

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_20160621_215836.jpg

The camera makes the blends look a lot more stark here than on the model itself. As ever I still work on improving the picture quality with adjustments in light postioning and backgrounds.

IMG_20160621_220004.jpg

I am quite proud of my ghost green flames on these in the end. Only two of the models had them sadly, I would have been more than happy to do them over the whole demon pack. It is something I never thought I'd do an try and build up a layer over dry brushing. This time last year I thought dry brushing was the pinnacle of what I could achieve in painting.

IMG_20160621_215921.jpg

IMG_20160621_215930.jpg

Working up the effort to do the Flamers and the Herald.

With the Flamers and the Herald summoned into this world my Vow is done and my acolytes, those that remain can rest.

IMG_20160628_215108.jpg

IMG_20160628_215139.jpg

IMG_20160621_215836.jpg

Herald of Tzeentch
Disc of Tzeentch, Psyker Level 3, The Endless Grimoire

Flamers of Tzeentch
3x Flamers, Upgrade one Flamer to Pyrocaster

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch
10x Pink Horrors, Icon of Chaos, Upgrade one Pink Horror to Iridescent Horror

• 3 weeks later...

I Thousand Eyes yada yada glory vow 2 yada yada oath breaker bad yada yada burn the corpse god yada yada COOOOOOOOOOCAAAAAIIIIIIIINNNNNEEEEE!

IMG_20160713_225042-1.jpg

Doomrider as a Chaos Lord: 195 points

Mark of Slaanesh

Bike

VoTL

Aura of Dark Glory

Burning Brand

Power Sword

Melta Bombs

Sigil of Corruption

IMG_20160713_225119-1.jpg

Oh yeah, Doomrider! It's great to see the warp dust sniffing prankster pop up. As I'm thinking about buying one of those jetbikes myself, I wanted to ask how the model's quality is? Are the legs separate from the bike or is all of that one piece?

Quality wise it isn't half bad, very little flash or anything to clean up. The legs are attached to the bike. In the pictures above the torso is only blu-tacked on to let me see the look of it.

Noice. Looking great so far. I have a couple of questions.

What weapons do you plan to add to the jetbike?

The jetbike does not does not come with handlebars sans attached hand, right?

The torso and legs are two parts, right?

Where is the right shoulder pad from?

It actually has a weapon that looks like a stormbolter strapped underneath it, the burning brand will be added to the right side behind the driver.

The arms come holding the handlebars which slot into the bike.

Yes the torso and legs are two separate pieces but the legs are part of the bike.

The shoulder is from the chaos vehicle upgrade sprue I am pretty sure.

• 1 month later...
++++ IRON WARRIORS KILL TEAM CAEDES ++++

I have had this idea in my head for a while, an Iron Warriors kill team with boarding shields but for Warhammer 40K and not 30K. These were marines who had been fighting the Long War in the old style, plus I loved the look of them. I put these together in a rush and everything seemed to just fit into place.

I hadn't even thought to look at the rules to be honest until after I made them and thankfully they actually are a legal unit, ok the choice of gear may be terrible but still. It works.

Chosen x4 [Mark of Khorne  Replace boltgun w/ Meltagun, Replace CCW w/ Power Weapon by 3, Veterans of the Long War ]
Chosen Champion [boltgun, Frag Grenades, Gift of mutation, Krak Grenades, Power Fist]

IMG_20160821_221740.jpg

IMG_20160821_221812.jpg

IMG_20160821_221830.jpg

Edited by Thousand Eyes

The Iron Warriors are looking cool & same with the whole log Thousand eyes.

With the yellow/black stripe your asking over on my army log.  You should be ok just paint them & then stipple them.  If your doing it for the shield, just paint the Chaos icon after word.  Pretty much just do the stripe, stipple, then runefang steel with foam.  Then paint the detail & your good to go with the unit.

The Iron Warriors are looking cool & same with the whole log Thousand eyes.

With the yellow/black stripe your asking over on my army log.  You should be ok just paint them & then stipple them.  If your doing it for the shield, just paint the Chaos icon after word.  Pretty much just do the stripe, stipple, then runefang steel with foam.  Then paint the detail & your good to go with the unit.

Cheers IP, means a lot from someone whose log I have followed for so long. Last night I painted a number of sections bone and then two coats of thinned yellow. I black to try my hand at some steady stripes tonight and see how they look. Then I will go back and try the stippling and detail. :)

If you're in an Iron Warriors mood, why don't you head on over to the Iron Without painting contest - we're actively recruiting to kick some loyalist arse :wink:

I just got out of the ETL though. Plus for 30K I am planning on going Imperial Fists and  I have BaC sitting there....