Thousand Eyes models: 1K Sons, Knights and Iron Warriors

Well here we are with another update on Deadpool / Lord Cypher. I have been taking a lot of time with this model. Really trying to up my game on it. I've gone back over a lot of it and high lighted a lot of stuff I wouldn't normally do. So much red, so many thin layers!

IMG_20160216_102547.jpg

Some work on the plasma pistol, I want to keep the OSL to a minimum. Also added some wear and tear to break up the shoulder pads.

IMG_20160216_102559.jpg

The Warmaster Horus has arrived! (In a WIP fashion)

I got this as a Christmas present and have been working up my nerve to actually working on him. Ultimately I have chosen to go with the white armour he is described as wearing in the first book of Horus Hersey series. Lots of tips and guidance needed though, feel free to comment and let me know.

IMG_20160227_143941.jpg

One tip: Go for it:)

I have several primarchs aquired over time and I am always afraid to touch them. Or the converted Gwal for the canonverse i never finished though. But they can look so good as I realized when I started paint work in the broverse variant.

And your attempt looks good as far as I can see it actually. And even if not, isopropanol gets you infinite continues ;)

One tip: Go for it:)

I have several primarchs aquired over time and I am always afraid to touch them. Or the converted Gwal for the canonverse i never finished though. But they can look so good as I realized when I started paint work in the broverse variant.

And your attempt looks good as far as I can see it actually. And even if not, isopropanol gets you infinite continues :wink:

Cheers for the tip, hard to throw myself in when I think of the cost or see what other people have done. But none the less I should have him finished by the weekend. Sadly he has no Luna Wolves to run with.

Finished my Warmaster! I am actually really proud of this model, I think it is really some of my best work. Haven gone with the idea of the white armour for him I spent a lot of time looking at images like this. But ultimately I thought the shoulders would look better in the matching bronze/gold.

IMG_20160306_165812.jpg

IMG_20160306_165850.jpg

IMG_20160306_170146.jpg

Below are some WIP pictures of a bodyguard for the Horus Lupercal himself. They are made from a scattering of Chaos terminator arms I got lucky to acquire in my bits box and some old Black Reach terminators. Nothing is set in stone on these folks yet, I would really appreciate some input on them. This is a bit outside my comfort zone.

IMG_20160310_173726.jpg

IMG_20160310_173746.jpg

IMG_20160310_173645.jpg

IMG_20160310_173707.jpg

OK so I have had the idea of doing a Chaos knight titan from scratch for a long time and I finally started it. The reason I am doing this from scratch is to let the true development of this twisted machine show and not because I am skint. Honest guv.

At the moment it stands around six inches tall and needs soooo much work, but I am putting it up here to shame myself into finishing it.

IMG_20160315_220805.jpg

OK so I have had the idea of doing a Chaos knight titan from scratch for a long time and I finally started it. The reason I am doing this from scratch is to let the true development of this twisted machine show and not because I am skint. Honest guv.

At the moment it stands around six inches tall and needs soooo much work, but I am putting it up here to shame myself into finishing it.

Interesting start. Have you thought about magnetising different parts? It might be easier for transport.

How do you plan to make the "rib cage" part of the skeleton ? And have you though of how you're going to help it balance ?

Interesting start. Have you thought about magnetising different parts? It might be easier for transport.

How do you plan to make the "rib cage" part of the skeleton ? And have you though of how you're going to help it balance ?

I am thinking of trying to magnetise the weapons for sure and maybe the torso on. But I have never done anything with them before, so that is a little off putting.

As far as I am aware though Chaos Knights only have the choice of the melta gun or big battle cannon though, right?

For the torso I plan to try make a box out of plasticard and it will have a counter balancing tail of sorts, maybe with a giant morning star on the end. I hope to get some more work done on it this weekend.

I am thinking of trying to magnetise the weapons for sure and maybe the torso on. But I have never done anything with them before, so that is a little off putting.

As far as I am aware though Chaos Knights only have the choice of the melta gun or big battle cannon though, right?

For the torso I plan to try make a box out of plasticard and it will have a counter balancing tail of sorts, maybe with a giant morning star on the end. I hope to get some more work done on it this weekend.

Sorry, no idea, I don't know anything about Knights really ^^

• 4 weeks later...

Great job! Especially like the guy in the middle: His pose looks like he's really doing a man's job there :wink:

Yeah not exactly sure what I was going for with that one, it just seemed to work to me. Plus the other three were looknig along there guns, something had to give.

No idea how good they will be in game even.