Honestly he doesn't seem that OP. The guy will need a drop pod meaning he moves up to 450 points. Hes still pretty vulnerable to Amit tank such as shatter shells or graviton. He costs more than an IK. Fun and fluffy I say. I like the last of 775th rule, brings back good memories of 5th edition Bjorn. Edited by ThatOneMarshal

Considering the 3+ invulnerable, the 5 HP makes him more durable than a knight. You don't need a pod when you are that tough.

But the real kicker here is the warlord trait. Just think about how it affects mech play with heresy rules.

It's Rite of War strength for a Warlors trait basicaly.

Edited by Wolf_Pack

Considering the 3+ invulnerable, the 5 HP makes him more durable than a knight.

But the real kicker here is the warlord trait. Just think about how it affects mech play with heresy rules.

Though he still can get 'sploded by a lucky shot (a really lucky shot admittedly).

I agree with regarding the warlord trait, it seems a 'tad strong considering it's pretty special for a dread to even get a warlord trait (just ask cassian).

Just imagine how much a scoring unit advantage you'd have over your opponent (something you usually have to give up when you go for a more elite, less troop orientated army).

His model will be wicked cool though :biggrin.:.

edit: 200th post! :biggrin.:

Edited by Runefyre

RE warlod trait. Maybe change it to only units with the walker type? Or put a limitation even further, ie, become scoring units when total number of walkers/units stays above/falls below 50% of starting? Or, just spitballing here, 'all walkers (and maybe tanks) become scoring when Godfrey dies' Equally, could be while Godfrey is alive. That way you have to be somewhat careful, as you may hold every objective with a contemptor then one lucky lascannon shot will end all of that, and possibly net the enemy 4 extra victory points.

First of all I  would like to say thank you  to you all for participating in this conversation  considering this is the sort of character that would be rolled out in a narrative game between friends and I  would consider those posting here to be among my friends it is good to get feedback.  Now that I am back from work  lets address some of the points. 

Secondly please understand I harbor no ill feelings whatsoever to those of you who bring up concerns and I am not dismissing them without thought. I dont feel slighted or insulted because of yer opinions and I really hope my responses dont come across as dismissive , if they do please let me assure you that is the lack of tone through text and not my true feelings. If you  feel particularly upset about something please reach out to me privately and I  will  firstly apologize then secondly attempt to explain myself. 

Considering the 3+ invulnerable, the 5 HP makes him more durable than a knight. You don't need a pod when you are that tough.

It's Rite of War strength for a Warlors trait basicaly.

A knight  has 6 hull points  or 7 in the case of the Atropos and is immune to weapon destroyed , and takes d3 on  explodes instead of being dead outright. Having experience fielding both Knights ( I own 8 of them )  and Leviathans   I feel knights are significantly tougher and carry significantly more potent weapons for their points cost both in melee and at range. I feel like the 3++ save is a bit strong but  having had 3++ ion shields to work with  Its not terrifyingly game breaking.  

As far as his warlord trait goes  I  agree it is drafted a little too powerful but please not he lacks Master of the Legion  so it isint like you can stack this with say armored breakthrough or something. Sure it frees up a  heavy support slot if your only taking one Leviathan in Godfrey but the scoring buff is going to more for sicarian chassis and contemptors as cortus bros cant be scoring ever I thought.  Is it powerful ? Yea a bit , but its meant to balance against the fact that you  wont have access to a rite of war.                              

RE warlod trait. Maybe change it to only units with the walker type? Or put a limitation even further, ie, become scoring units when total number of walkers/units stays above/falls below 50% of starting? Or, just spitballing here, 'all walkers (and maybe tanks) become scoring when Godfrey dies' Equally, could be while Godfrey is alive. That way you have to be somewhat careful, as you may hold every objective with a contemptor then one lucky lascannon shot will end all of that, and possibly net the enemy 4 extra victory points.

I like the idea of becoming scoring when walkers / tanks drop below 50%   because it would make me have to  think about how many of those units I would bring.  I  would want it to be persistent as long as hes alive / you  are holding the  objective he becomes.  

Again I appreciate everyone's insight and comments especially those of you who go into detail about why you think   the design is solid / not solid. 

Also Because this is a work in progress blog , my breachers / warders  are  .... well in progress , im waiting for the imperial fists  mk 3 heads to show up I think they will really give the models some grit , I basically just started putting base colors down on these , being pretty messy as I haven't one any of the cleaning yet.  I  will look to get some work done on them tomorrow , Ill be trying to get these guys finished entirely except for their heads since I  will be able to paint those when they get here since they will be yellow 

tumblr_o6uc9mUJLs1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

So Horus turned  to Dorn and said " what are you gonna do now bro , were on a ship  you cant just build walls on a space ship. "

And  Dorn said , I  will give my marines shields as tall as they are ,  so thy can become the wall. 

I  got absolutely nothing done today , my pot of eshin grey is toast  so I just sticky tacked the marines together so I  could show yall that,  should get a new pot of eshin grey this upcoming week and get going on these guys as it stands im not in a huge rush.  Probably gonna do the back of the shields in boltgun metal 

tumblr_o6vmfiTkyQ1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

I did the Backs in Leadbelcher and the Rims in Warplock Bronze alongside the Fist to change it up a bit. Dark Enough that they look Near-Black but is different enough to change it up.

this includes the leviathan that I am waiting for and the currently headless phalanx warder squad. 

+++ Current HH Legal Collection (15300pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (11925pts) ++

+ HQ (1415pts) +

Alexis Polux (165pts)

Legion Centurion (165pts) [Psychic Mastery Level 2, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]
Consul [Librarian]

Legion Centurion (140pts) [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Psychic Mastery Level 2, Refractor Field]
Consul [Librarian]

Legion Centurion (110pts) [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Refractor Field]
Consul [Primus Medicae]

Legion Centurion (145pts) [Artificer Armour, Cyber-familiar, Rad Grenades, Refractor Field, Solarite Power Gauntlet]
Consul [Forge Lord]

Legion Centurion (180pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Chainfist, 3x Phosphex Bombs, Teleportation Transponder]
Consul [siege Breaker]

Legion Centurion (125pts) [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Plasma Pistol, Refractor Field]
Consul [Chaplain]

Legion Praetor (155pts) [Artificer Armour, Iron Halo, Melta Bombs, Paragon Blade]

Sigismund (230pts)

+ Troops (2340pts) +

Legion Assault Squad (465pts) [19x Legion Assault Space Marines, 4x Power Weapon]
Legion Assault Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon]

Legion Breacher Siege Squad (285pts) [2x Graviton Gun, 9x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines]
Legion Breacher Siege Sergeant [Artificer Armour, One Breaching Charge, Power Weapon]

Legion Tactical Squad (185pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]
Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon]

Legion Tactical Squad (190pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]
Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Fist]

Legion Tactical Squad (195pts) [Exchange their Bolters for a Chainsword or Combat Blade, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox]
Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon]

Legion Tactical Squad (190pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox]
Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Weapon]

Legion Tactical Support Squad (175pts) [4x Legion Space Marines, Plasma Guns]
Legion Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Combi-weapon, Melta Bombs]

Templar Brethren (655pts) [9x Combat Shield, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-vox, 9x Templar Brethren]
Chapter Champion [Combat Shield, Solarite Power Gauntlet]
Land Raider Phobos [Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade]

+ Elites (3305pts) +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (620pts)
Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Heavy Conversion Beamer]
Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Graviton Gun, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon]
Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Graviton Gun, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon]

Legion Destroyer Squad (300pts) [Jump Packs, 4x Legion Destroyer Space Marine, Missile Launcher with Suspensor Web and Rad Missiles Only]
Legion Destroyer Sergeant [Artificer Armour, 3x Phosphex Bombs, Power Weapon]

Legion Quad Launcher Support Battery (270pts) [3x Legion Rapier, Phosphex Canister Shot, Shatter Shell]

Legion Terminator Squad (645pts) [4x Legion Terminators, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 4x Thunderhammer, 4x Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]
Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield]
Legion Terminator Sergeant [Thunderhammer, Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]

Legion Terminator Squad (225pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Chainfist, Heavy Flamer, 4x Legion Terminators, 3x Lightning Claw, Teleportation Transponder]

Legion Terminator Squad (230pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Chainfist, 4x Legion Terminators, 3x Power Fist, Reaper Autocannon, Teleportation Transponder]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (325pts) [Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox, Plasma Gun, Sniper]
Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Combi-weapon, Power Fist]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (320pts) [Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox, Plasma Gun, Sniper]
Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Combi-weapon, Power Weapon]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (310pts) [Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox, Plasma Gun, Sniper]
Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Combi-weapon]

Techmarine Covenant (60pts)
Legion Techmarine [Melta Bombs, Rad Grenades]

+ Fast Attack (485pts) +

Legion Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron (175pts) [3x Space Marine Sky Hunters, Volkite Culverin]
Sky Hunter Sergeant [Melta Bombs, Power Weapon]

Phalanx Warder Squad (310pts) [2x Melta gun, 9x Phalanx Warder]
Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon]

+ Heavy Support (3320pts) +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (255pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher, Single twin-linked Hellfire Plasma Cannonade]

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (220pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher]

Legion Heavy Support Squad (225pts) [Flak Missiles, 4x Legion Space Marines, Missile Launchers]
Legion Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner]

Legion Heavy Support Squad (250pts) [Lascannons, 4x Legion Space Marines]
Legion Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner]

Legion Heavy Support Squad (190pts) [4x Legion Space Marines, Multi-meltas]
Legion Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner, Exchange heavy weapon for a Nuncio-vox and Chainsword/Combat Blade]

Legion Heavy Support Squad (190pts) [4x Legion Space Marines, Volkite Culverin]
Legion Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner, Exchange heavy weapon for a Nuncio-vox and Chainsword/Combat Blade]

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (200pts)
Legion Predator Tank [Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolters]
Legion Predator Tank [Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolters]

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (180pts) [Dozer Blade, Lascannons]

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (180pts) [Dozer Blade, Lascannons]

Legion Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron (250pts)
Legion Vindicator Tank [Dozer Blade]
Legion Vindicator Tank [Dozer Blade]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (965pts)
Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite, Leviathan Siege Drill, Phosphex Discharger]
Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite, Leviathan Storm Cannon, Phosphex Discharger, 2x Twin-linked Volkite Caliver]
Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite, Grav-flux Bombard, Leviathan Siege Drill, Phosphex Discharger]

Sicaran Venator Tank Destroyer (215pts) [Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolters]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Loyalist, VII: Imperial Fists]

+ Lord of War (1060pts) +

Legion Glaive Special Weapons Tank (650pts) [Armoured Ceramite]

War Machine Detachment (410pts)
Legion Typhon Heavy Siege Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Lascannons]

++ Questoris Knight Crusade Army (Questoris Knight Crusade Army) (3375pts) ++

+ HQ (930pts) +

Lord Scion (435pts)
Cerastus Knight-Lancer [Occular Augmetics]

Seneschal (495pts)
Cerastus Knight-Atrapos [Occular Augmetics]

+ Troops (1540pts) +

Scion Martial (375pts)
Questoris Knight Errant [bio-corrosive rounds for its heavy stubbers]

Scion Martial (415pts)
Questoris Knight Errant [bio-corrosive rounds for its heavy stubbers, Stormspear rocket pod]

Scion Martial (370pts)
Questoris Knight Gallant [bio-corrosive rounds for its heavy stubbers, Stormspear rocket pod]

Scion Martial (380pts)
Questoris Knight Warden [bio-corrosive rounds for its heavy stubbers]

+ Elites (445pts) +

Preceptor (445pts)
Questoris Knight Paladin [bio-corrosive rounds for its heavy stubbers, Rapid-fire battlecannon, Twin Icarus autocannon]

+ Heavy Support (460pts) +

Scion Arbalester (460pts)
Questoris Knight Crusader [bio-corrosive rounds for its heavy stubbers, Rapid-fire battlecannon and Heavy Stubber]

Created with BattleScribe

Edited by Bladewolf

As someone with 10k points in 30k IF but only 7 Actual Tanks (3 Land Raiders, 1 Spartan, 1 Sicaran, 2 Rhinos), the only reason I dont have more is because of both Time and Money.

But dont worry Mako, I've been collecting these since before book 3 dropped :p

Also, Blade is kind've a lunatic with how much stuff he got so fast.

As someone with 10k points in 30k IF but only 7 Actual Tanks (3 Land Raiders, 1 Spartan, 1 Sicaran, 2 Rhinos), the only reason I dont have more is because of both Time and Money.

But dont worry Mako, I've been collecting these since before book 3 dropped :p

Also, Blade is kind've a lunatic with how much stuff he got so fast.

By Dorn's chainblade... Where is your thread....?

'Blade is kind've a lunatic'

Quote of the day ;)

absolutely bloody ridiculous quite impressive force you have there Blade :lol: One day hopefully I might even have half as much. But I still don't think you have enough...only 1 fellblade chassis variant?! Need all three at least ;) Have any plans for a mastodon to accompany your living shield wall? Shields within shielded things.