Are those RG pauldrons painted with markings or engraved? The Black and slightly-darker Black is pretty sick.

Edit: I see the same engravings on the Mor Deythan sprues. Likely to be those.

Edited by OthnielsBlade

• 2 weeks later...

I will be putting together a vindicator for them monday or tuesday , Im in the middle of a rotating cycle of work that has kept me super busy , but my  Burning of Prospero Box is already ordered  so  that stuff is gonna get worked on , so there is certainly stuff coming.  

I definitely appreciate that you are interested in my work and I will use that as fuel to keep the crusaders fire burning. 

• 4 weeks later...

Vindicator is built but not primed , got sorta distracted by a project I really am excited about. 
I ordered 30 Imperial Fist specific Helms  and 30 Templar Brethren Torsos for the 30 marines in the boxset as well so That will be a thing once I have the parts in hand
I have 30 imperial fist shoulder pads for mk 3 armor on hand. 

I  traded away my custodes for another set of sisters and I  was gifted a third set so I have 15 to build but I figured I  would start with just the 5  and then  make my decision once I see some more rules, I  dislike how thin and fiddly some of the peices can be but overall i think the models are gorgeous. 

tumblr_ogoba3oWlj1tdqdkto2_540.jpg
tumblr_ogoba3oWlj1tdqdkto1_540.jpg

tumblr_ogp5pqpEBz1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ogp5pqpEBz1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

here are the sisters after going back over the armor plates to get some of the shine back ,  still not done with them. 
tumblr_oh34pbw8rU1tdqdkto1_540.jpgtumblr_oh34pbw8rU1tdqdkto2_540.jpg

Also got to grinding on the 30 imperial fists infantry that I  am marking out of the burning of prospero box. 
tumblr_oh34bzHJ1y1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg
Those 10 with the backpacks look like they might be carrying heavy weapons .....nifty 

Oh and this vindicator I promised I was working on is real , I swear It just needs prime and paint.

tumblr_oh34bzHJ1y1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

The 775th armored company was not all tanks, infact while every member of the company was largely capable of driving and servicing the many vehicles available to legion forces there were many who specialized in anti tank weaponry , because sometimes you want your armor killing everything else  and you let your boots on the ground worry about taking out the enemy armor. 

Top Guys 
tumblr_oh4e2ntz5J1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

And heres where Im at with the box 
tumblr_oh4e2ntz5J1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

Amusingly enough I have those 5 tartoros terminators still on sprues cause I have no idea what I  am going to do with them equipment wise

I  am going to need more rhinos soon. 

One of the great things about my army is its so saturated with templar breastplates that I can quickly move tactical marines between units  to form better veteran squads or more efficent regular tac squads , sticking them in rhinos has always been my best go of things. 

The guys with the las cannons though , I will need to eventually buy a bunker for them , they sort of are a unit ive always wanted to work on but never really had the oppertunity so I  am glad I  ended up with the extra bodies from the box to make the full deathsquad of las cannon dudes.  One day I  will buy that insane bunker Tile with the D weapon on it and run them on the ramparts of that XD 

I ended up  working on another squad out of boredom ( and mild consumption of alcohol ) 

tumblr_oh4p6oYKFX1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

And here is the progress ( mind you I  dont have any of my dark angels  stuff in this box but there is a lot I have to work on  for them , like 9   outriders  but I  am trying to stay focused on my fists XD 
tumblr_oh4p6oYKFX1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

spent something like 6 hours driving today , obviously this meant caffine , and that means  I am awake at 2:30 in the morning working on that last squad , Got em put together and that leaves me with a hefty amount of things to prime , but I think I  will build the terminators before I do so .... at this point I kind of want to do 3 power fists 2 chain fists and a plasma blaster. So Id argue that MOST of the infantry is done from my burning of Prospero Set , Still have 10 sisters to put together ( who will wait till we see concrete 30k rules for them )  and I will likely dive into the termis tomorrow. 

tumblr_oh71owuWYZ1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

tumblr_oh71owuWYZ1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

Got my To Do List primed this morning 

tumblr_oh7u2yGRbl1tdqdkto3_1280.jpg
Ignore those 9  First Legion Outriders , they wont get worked on till im done with my other stuff XD 

tumblr_oh7u2yGRbl1tdqdkto1_1280.jpgDecided to try priming black this time and using averland before yriel yellow for stuff like the helm and the shoulders , here is hoping the choice doesn't come back to bite me. 

tumblr_oh7u2yGRbl1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg
God I love Mk3 Armor , especially with the Templar Torsos and the Imperial Fists Helms , I am pretty amped to get to work on this project this weekend. 

gotta love the messy steps , starting blocking out where I  want my yellows to be   with a darker yellow than I normally use  since Im working over black ,  one of the benefits of mk3 plate is the thick  border parts of the Shoulder plates means you can be quite messy when you are laying down your insert colors. 

Ill likely do my lighter yellow next , then the silvers the golds and the greens then touch back up the armor in the places where those other colors arent supposed to be  before I  move on to the shading. 

tumblr_ohab6sgUPZ1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ohab6sgUPZ1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

Looking forward to seeing these dudes done up after your naptime;)

ANy thoughts on adding splash of color on the tacs to represent different troops to the armored co you usually run?

I  did consider it , but then I figured well these guys ARE  775th tank company forces , they are just the marines not actively in a warmachine at the time. 

I didint wanna start adding extra markings for squads and such in light of that. 

Now that is batch painting.....haha i am about to attempt my first bathing painting tonight.....i don't know if i have the patience

I  was so excited after I built everything  and  I told myself welp , I will sit down and do one thing at a time till a squad is finished ,  turned out I  got set up to work  a pretty brutal 57 hour week ( today is my day off !   )    with another one coming right up starting tomorrow,  so I ended up having to take my time with these guys , which i hate. 

I wish I had an airbrush it would have made the process a lot faster I imagine.

Looking forward to the end result!

me too  I  really want to build and work on the last 10  sisters of silence but I have to wait on the rules for them ,  I  did finish working on the last thing in that box other than them 

tumblr_ohqhdiNJqj1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ohqhdiNJqj1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

Whats great is that one of my co workers is a filthy traitor , and we are looking to play a few games of zone mortalis once work is not so soul crushingly brutal  my plan is to use both the tac squads im working on , so I will have even more motivation to work on them.  I  will likely run  these or a few of these terminators mixed in with my hammer and shield ones as well. 

That ten man lascannon team is the stuff that the heresy fantasy is made of. Hot damn. Jealous IF get tank hunter for free :'(

Tartaros and all those blinged up MkIII looking solid too!

I really am looking forward to getting to the heavy support squad , even if I  likely wont field them for some time.   I  picked up another 5 tartoros to replace the first five i made with the overspray issue , it was easy enough to pop the stormshields off of em , and I like the plastic sculpt better than the resin one so its fine.  My friend from work and i  are planning on rolling 2 games of zone mortalis   using unique lists for attacker defender 

This is what im bringing  

DEFENSE LIST

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List v202) (1300pts) ++

+ HQ (165pts) +

Alexis Polux (165pts) [Master of the Legion]

+ Elites (425pts) +

Legion Terminator Squad (215pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Chainfist (10pts), Legion Terminator Sergeant, Legion Terminator Squad, 4x Legion Terminators (120pts), 3x Power Fist (15pts), Reaper Autocannon (15pts)]

Legion Terminator Squad (210pts) [2x Chainfist (20pts), Legion Terminator Squad, 4x Legion Terminators (120pts), 2x Power Fist (10pts), Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon]

Legion Terminator Sergeant (5pts) [Power Fist (5pts)]

+ Troops (410pts) +

Legion Breacher Siege Squad (260pts) [9x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines (135pts)]

Additional Wargear (30pts) [2x Meltagun (30pts)]

Legion Breacher Siege Sergeant (20pts) [Artificer Armour (10pts)]

Power Weapon (10pts) [Power Sword]

Standard Wargear (10pts) [boarding Shields (10pts), Bolt Pistols, Bolters, Frag and Krak Grenades, Power Armour]

Legion Tactical Squad (150pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines (90pts)]

Additional Wargear [bolters]

Legion Tactical Sergeant (25pts) [Artificer Armour (10pts), Power Fist (15pts)]

Standard Wargear [bolt Pistols, Frag and Krak Grenades, Power Armour]

+ Heavy Support (300pts) +

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (300pts)

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought (300pts) [Armoured Ceramite (20pts), Leviathan Storm Cannon (10pts)]

+ Legion +

Legiones Astartes [   VII: Imperial Fists, Loyalist]

+ Force Organization +

Force Organization [Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List]

Zone Mortalis [Defender]

ATTACK LIST

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List v202) (1300pts) ++

+ HQ (230pts) +

Sigismund (230pts) [Master of the Legion]

+ Elites (275pts) +

Legion Terminator Squad (275pts) [Legion Terminator Squad, 4x Legion Terminators (120pts), 4x Power Fist (20pts), Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 4x Vigil Pattern Storm Shield (60pts)]

Legion Terminator Sergeant (20pts) [Power Fist (5pts), Vigil Pattern Storm Shield (15pts)]

+ Troops (480pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (150pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines (90pts)]

Legion Tactical Sergeant (25pts) [Artificer Armour (10pts), Power Fist (15pts)]

Legion Tactical Squad (155pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines (90pts)]

Legion Tactical Sergeant (30pts) [Artificer Armour (10pts), Melta Bombs (5pts), Power Fist (15pts)]

Legion Tactical Support Squad (175pts) [4x Legion Space Marines (60pts), Plasma Guns (75pts), Support Squad]

Legion Sergeant [Combi-weapon]

+ Heavy Support (315pts) +

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (315pts)

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought (315pts) [Armoured Ceramite (20pts), Grav-flux Bombard (20pts), Leviathan Siege Drill (5pts)]

+ Legion +

Legiones Astartes [   VII: Imperial Fists, Loyalist]

+ Force Organization +

Force Organization [Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List]

Zone Mortalis [Attacker]

thankfully I have two days off this week ... so maybe ill make some legitimate headway on the second tac squad and the incoming termis.

Wow a Crimson Fist list and a Templar list... They look pretty spiffy. However too many words.... We need army pictures to go with the lists :D

Glad you are managing to get some time off. Your work schedule looked flippin' horrendous.