REF LOC - Map of the Galaxy

Grifftofer

Only that Kai-Shek and Mao were enemies and their ideology was the total opposite. But that is real world talk. So back to topic.

Where is the suzerainity at the start. At half and at the end?

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Didn't Theodric marry the sister of Clovis to become ally with him?

Hmm Han and Strela are really a bit apart.

I believe so. But in every other respect they were enemies and opposites. When Clovis threatened to invade the Visigothic kingdom, Theodoric alligned himself with the Visigoths in an alliance to stop Clovis expanding into Ostrogothic areas of influence and they nearly went to war when Clovis annexed the Burgundian kingdom but Clovis backed down rather than risk war with the Ostrogoths. Apart from being political rivals, they also were opposites in how they ran their kingdoms. Theodoric introduced an apartheid between the Ostrogothic warriors and Latin administrators, with the Ostrogoths being forbidden from learning how to read or write as well as being forbidden to convert from Aryan christianity to Catholicism but were exempt from tax and got an annual donative of money from the king whereas latins paid tax but could also not convert and had fewer legal rights than the Ostrogoths. By contrast, Clovis replaced the old roman landlords with his own warriors who he strongly encouraged to become christian rather than staying pagan and learn to read, wrkte and speak latin.

Don't know if it is important enough but for the protocol:

The system of Herjiar (home of House Harkon) is in between the Fenris system and the "S" of Segmentum Obscurus (looking on our BotL Map). Therefore very close together to further support their close comradeship.

The Predators' homeworld of Mardum (and further the Shattered Worlds) is within the canon Dominion of Storms.

Looking on our map, draw a horizontal line from Anvillus to the right and a vertical line from Tigrus to the north. Where both lines cross, there would be Mardum. Not the exact point but somewhere over there. ^^

Why a bulge between Ryza and Delos?

In my mind Icarion would still be primarily trying to seize Terra so his forces would pin in place and avoid spots of great resistance in order to keep advancing. So there would be a bulge roughly between those two where spots of resistance have been avoided. Now I could of course be wrong but that's how I imagined it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I sat down to write the section about the Day of Revelation and how the galaxy is divided between the Warmaster and Icarion's zones of influence just after the Day of Revelation for Expansion. But we haven't actually discussed that so I thought I'd ask. 

How many worlds side with Icarion initially? Is his support only concentrated around traitor legion homeworlds?

I sat down to write the section about the Day of Revelation and how the galaxy is divided between the Warmaster and Icarion's zones of influence just after the Day of Revelation for Expansion. But we haven't actually discussed that so I thought I'd ask. 

How many worlds side with Icarion initially? Is his support only concentrated around traitor legion homeworlds?

Thanks to Alex's success as a political leader and for easing the transition of conquered worlds into the Imperium, only a third of the Imperium initially declares support for the Stormlord. So, there are concentrations of Traitor forces outside the Traitor legion homeworlds, but they're scattered across the galaxy, with a majority of them happening in Ultima.

This ok as an intro to the Imperium's state at the beginning of book 2?

Domains of the Stormlord

In the weeks and months following the bloody massacres of the Day of Revelation, it would begin to become apparent just how long Icarion Anasem had spent seeking out support before he made his first move and just how deep the love and admiration for Icarion Anasem ran on many Imperial worlds. In the wake of Icarion announcing his Insurrection against the Emperor, thousands of worlds rose up in rebellion alongside him, pledging themselves to his cause. From mining outposts that had long been forgotten by many to bustling hive worlds at the heart of the administration of entire systems, worlds renounced the Emperor and swore themselves to the Stormlord. All told, nearly a third of the Imperium's worlds swore allegiance to the Stormlord.

It is likely that this number would have been higher had it not been for the incessent work of the Warmaster and his efforts to rapidly integrate worlds into the Imperium and smooth over wounds caused during compliance. While many had critisised him for this in the decades since the Qarith Triumph, stating that he was the Warmaster and such matters were better left to the Council of Terra, his work now bore fruit and, while many worlds deserted to join the Stormlord's nascent empire, the majority of Imperial worlds stayed true to their oaths of allegiance and stayed loyal to the Emperor and Terra and began to muster troops when the Warmaster issued the Commission of Array.

As a consequence of this, the Imperium was torn into a ragged patchwork of conflicting loyalties. Many systems raised their banners in rebellion only to discover that their neighbouring systems had stayed loyal and many stayed loyal only to discover their neighbours had sworn themselves to the Stormlord. As a general rule, the areas of space immediately surrounding legion homeworlds were loyal to the same side as the legion whose homeworld they found themselve next to. However, aside from this, there were no clear cut battle lines in these early years of the Insurrection. There were no borders between the Imperium and the Stormlord's domains, just a confused and thouroughly muddled patchwork of loyalties, with the Imperium being stronger in some sectors of space and the Insurrectionists in others. This was further confused when some worlds heard of the Insurrection and rebelled but to regain their own independence rather than to see the Stormlord seated on the Golden Throne of Terra. These systems and worlds would be targeted by both Imperials and Insurrectionists alike and some would see some of the fiercest fighting of these early years of the Insurrection.

The capital of the Stormlord's new realm was Madrigal and the Maelstrom zone, which he quickly set about ridding of Imperial resistance. A large number of the worlds that supported Icarion were located in the Ultima Segmentum and so that would be the Segmentum which the Imperial forces would need to fight hardest to hold into. However, Icarion was also able to call upon a lot of support on the Eastern Fringe, where he was only resisted by the already badly mauled Dune Serpents. So it was that Icarion set about expanding and unifying his domains, eradicating Imperial resistance in the Maelstrom and then gradually pushing out into the east and the rest of the Ultima Segmentum.

It was in these regions that the earliest campaigns of the Insurrection would be fought.

Ok. So I thought I'd check up on what I need to add to the map.

Legion Homeworlds:
Madrigal, traitor. On map
Mycenae, loyalist. On map.
Coabanna, loyalist. On map.
Delos, loyalist. On map.
Huron, loyalist. On map.
Uran, traitor. On map.
Zbuch, traitor. On map.
Strela, traitor later revolutionary. On map.
Obsailes, loyalist. On map.
Caerbannog, neutral later loyalist. On map.
Mexicatii, traitor. On map.
Dhul'hasa, loyalist. On map.
Kabyieb, traitor. On map.
Styx, traitor. On map.
Han, traitor later revolutionairy. On map.
Fugion, traitor later cecessionist. On map.
Iona, loyalist. On map.
Mardum, traitor. Missing from map.

DONE

Major Systems:
Terra. On map.
Qarith. Missing from map.
Baal. Missing from map.
Iyacrax. Missing from map.

WHERE ARE QUARITH AND IYACRAX LOCATED?
Major systems, book 1:
Kataii(Death of the Bear). Missing from map.
Untara(Underwater Madness). Missing from map.

NOT SURE WHERE THESE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE EITHER

Major systems, Escalation:
Zoomed in map of Dominion. Missing.
Cadia. Missing.
Gidion Rift. Missing.
Blood Stars. Missing.
Mortax. Missing.
Kanossia. Missing.
Ceredigia. Missing.
Caraxes Point. Missing.
Arrian. Missing.
Prosan. Missing.
Various other important systems and Tiarniaidh that I have yet to come up with or think of where they go. Missing.

I THINK  THAT THESE WOULD FILL UP THE AREA OF THE DOMINION TOO MUCH ON THE MAIN MAP. SO I THINK THAT WHEN I MAKE A ZOOMED IN VERSION THESE WILL BE THE MAJOR LOCATIONS, BUT FOR NOW I'LL LEAVE THEM OFF.

I'd say it's important enough.

Others I can think of:
- Xenobia/Interex domain in general
- Aureus
- the Towers of the Nightguard
- Cognis' domain in the Ghoul/Halo Stars

NOT SURE WHERE THESE WOULD GO EITHER (EXCEPT THE COGNIS DOMAIN, BUT I DON'T THINK THAT PUTTING IN THEIR OTHER PLANETS WOULD DO MORE THAN CLUTTER THE AREA).

I also decided to get started on the very first territory map for the Insurrection. I'm going to do a number of these for different points in the war, but for now I want to focus on the Day of Revelation. Roughly which territories side with the Stormlord against Terra and the Warmaster?

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn171/Grifftofer/TerritoryMap_zpsobmifte0.jpg

The Loyalist controlled areas are in purple, the Insurrectionist areas in blue. Each of the hexagons is an area roughly the size of one sector, making this a relatively simpler process. Each sector can either controlled (coloured) or not which could mean stalemates, ongoing campaigns or other groups holding the area. So I'm looking for suggestions of what should be what colour at the opening of the war.

Grifft, the bits of the Dominion I listed were intended for a zoomed in map of the Dominion for Escalation :smile.:

The central galaxy is Insurrectionist by and large, with spots of loyalist resistance. The East of the galaxy is half-half, with patches of imperial and Insurrectionist control all over the place. The west of the galaxy is mainly Imperial with patches of Insurrectionist control.

The area around Mexicatii, Kabyieb and Han is also likely insurrectionsist

Edited by Sigismund229

Oh. Apologies then. Once Book 1 is mostly finished I'll start working on a zoomed in Dominion map, and maybe some solar system 'maps' too.

Just looked at it again. You've gotta feel sorry for the people of Zbruch. They are going to have a sucky war :P

I am not sure where talonair had the abyssii but as they have a close connection to the wardens i would put them on the height of necromunda(maybe 1 sector above) , and 3 sectors out in galactict void Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Also, the purple area around Mycenae that I assume is supposed to represent the Dominion should spread out to where the Eye of Terror/Cadia is and Mycenae should be a bit further east, nearly straddling the border between Segmentums Solar, Obscurus and Pacificus.

Oh and Kataii is out in the Ghoul Stars, Untara is in the galactic south east(I think). Iyacrax is in the galactic north

Edited by Sigismund229