REF LOC - Map of the Galaxy

Grifftofer

Gnarf. Of course you two are right. I had in mind that the banner and cobra pattern were already tested on terra but earliest mention was the intergalactic wars.

Then i simply change it to proto power armor andjump packs with CC weapons.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

We should also figure out what order the legions were founded in. Obviously the Lightning Bearers are founded first and because of their engagement in the Pan-Pacific the IV must have been founded fairly soon after. The III are founded quite late in the Great Crusade

I'm happy to switch Ursh out for invented barviarian state and have been meaning to for a while for the III and XIII's fluff

I thought that the Legions were founded in numerical order but some might have had a bad start and took longer to achieve battle readiness.

They were.

Every Legion was founded in numerically sequential order. 

From Book III Extermination when talking about the Alpha Legion (the last Legion)s founding, they mention that by the end of the Unification wars and Solar Unification all 20 legions had entered the Alpha Stage induction, which was the first step out of experimentation and into the creation of a actual Legion. That places all 20 Legions founded sometime between 100 years before the Great Crusade to around the 10th-15th year of the Great Crusade.

Obviously this universe is different from cannon, but it's important to maintain as much continuity as possible, or else others trying to enjoy our work would need to suspend their disbelief.

Edited by Athrawes

I thought that the Legions were founded in numerical order but some might have had a bad start and took longer to achieve battle readiness.

They were.

Every Legion was founded in numerically sequential order. 

Hm, this makes the III and V Legion history a little wonky, but what Kel said about bad starts could solve that issue.

The Numbers I-XX come from the creation of the Primarchs, but as per the Forgeworld books, after the Primarchs were scattered, the numeral order was the order in which their geneseed was mass produced and the proto-Legions created.

The First Legion was the only Legion that existed for a sizable period of time alone, the other 19 Legions legions were created in short order relatively close together. 

By the end of the Solar unification (so the first 10-15 years of the Great crusade) all 20 Legions had entered alpha induction (had been mass produced).

Edit: also Founded does not mean battle ready. Alpha induction meant that they had created a founding group of Prototype Astartes (from the description this could be a few dozen, to a few hundred). Between the last years of the Unification war and then end of the Solar unification, there are about 100-150 years in which the Legions were founded. By that point (at least in the cannon universe) all 20 Legions had been founded and deployed to take part in the Great Crusade.

Edited by Athrawes

Perhaps given they come from Jurfik they can be instrumental in convincing the rest of the Kingdom to join the Imperials? Obviously there'd still be a lot of conflict, but given their inside knowledge of Jurfik society they could maybe use Jurfik customs/traditions against them, something like invoking ancient codes to force Jurfik leaders into one-on-one duels fpr leadership of their clan/tribe/household/etc, that kind of thing? Plus they'd know how to portray the Emperor favourably to the Jurfik people in diplomatic scenarios, how he'd appeal to their culture's values and such. :) Edited by SanguiniusReborn

Their first service ought to be during the conquest of Albyon beside the nascent Vth, then.

I've kept it as being in the Shakletian desert against John Lawrence. By the way, would you mind pming me the planned ending for that campaign?

Edited by Sigismund229

It might as well be posted. The IIIrd are in a position to crush the Shakletians, but have taken higher casualties than were expected from their previous conquests against the Pan-Pacific remnants. So the Emperor, knowing Orioc to be the main objective, negotiated with them and gained first an alliance against Orioc, and finally the fealty of the nomads once they had seen the full might of His armies.

Sig, I'm a little confused. What's the difference between Albyon and Jufrik? 

Isn't Cardinal Tang on Terra, not Luna?

Too early for Lightning Warriors' title. Also, as the First Legion, they were supplying veteran officers to the other legions to train and bring them up to speed, as a suggestion.

Sig, I'm a little confused. What's the difference between Albyon and Jufrik?

Isn't Cardinal Tang on Terra, not Luna?

Too early for Lightning Warriors' title. Also, as the First Legion, they were supplying veteran officers to the other legions to train and bring them up to speed, as a suggestion.

What blunt said. Jurfik is based on the Danelaw and Kingdom of Jórvik so it only directly rules the northern and eastern sections of England(which is the heart of a much bigger empire). The rest of Albyon is mostly, vassal kingdoms rather than being ruled directly

I thought Cardinal Tang was on Luna?

When looking at the map of where our legions homeworlds are located, it struck me that the Imperium's borders had expanded further outwards in our 'verse than in canon(in addition to the "world density" of the Imperium probably being higher). The two most notable instances of this are Mexicatii and Uran. Taken together with the Imperial inroads into the Ghoul Stars, perhaps this expansion caused new Segmenta to be created?

My ideas were:

Segmentum Lamia(the Ghoul Stars and that whole region)

Segmentum Limines(the regions north of Mexicatii)

• 2 weeks later...
Kalium was a unique - and uniquely powerful, it seems - Warp Gate. It was a product of the Dark Age of Technology, and ridiculously huge. The main structure was called the Necklace, and made up of stations which would each be fearsome fortresses. These are linked together and capped off by what the Lion named the Keystone; a structure big enough that one of its "docking plates" could host a star fort. When the White Scars attacked it they had full tank battalions racing across those plates.