REF LOC - Map of the Galaxy

Grifftofer

Ooo, I have an i-dea! If we decide to have the Traitors attempt a breakthrough via the Necromunda route, I'd like to suggest that Necromunda itself is attacked (mainly to prevent the Loyalist forces there from flanking the traitors' breakthrough attempt, but also to destroy a big loyalist recruiting ground if we decide to go that way) leading to a massive siege being laid upon Hive Primus. The siege is so intense the Six Houses of Necromunda reluctantly put aside their rivalries once it becomes clear the traitors intend to level Hive Primus along with everyone within and unite to assist in the defence, using their various specialities, techniques and contacts to fight back against the traitors. The Gang Houses' support is such that they provide a serious advantage to the Loyalists amid the brutal siege warfare and chaotic urban combat.

More ideas for Provenances... *evil laugh' I have a list of about 20-25 possibilities just now (11 with rules written), and the list keeps growing :)

Idea: Godslayers return to Zbuch. Alex hears about it and believes an attack might be planned on Obsailles. Order Niklaas and FK to strike first, exterminatus. So FK do. However, then they go down to the surface to check everything's dead and find tens of thousands od zombie marines and a Nurgle protected primarch waiting for them in the ash and dust of Zbuch

Mardum (Predators homeworld) will be destroyed by loyal Predators, who will splitt off their parent Legion after the Siege of Terra, as the warp breaches the barriers to the mortal plane. Demon infested as it is, an Exterminatus is declared upon it.

All traitor home worlds should get Exterminatus wether it's during the Insurrection or the Scouring doesn't matter.

Would normally make sense, but Alex as forgiving as he is ordered to kill only Travier and Raktra and the others could rejoin the imperium. Bit if he burns down their homeworld, I bet that shrinls the possibility of some of them rejoining. However: later in the conflict, when all sides grew battleweary and gruesome, it could happen that the warmaster makes hard decisions.

Mardum (Predators homeworld) will be destroyed by loyal Predators, who will splitt off their parent Legion after the Siege of Terra, as the warp breaches the barriers to the mortal plane. Demon infested as it is, an Exterminatus is declared upon it.

The Bloodlords' doing I assume? Taking their new-timey religion back to the bayou?

Would normally make sense, but Alex as forgiving as he is ordered to kill only Travier and Raktra and the others could rejoin the imperium. Bit if he burns down their homeworld, I bet that shrinls the possibility of some of them rejoining. However: later in the conflict, when all sides grew battleweary and gruesome, it could happen that the warmaster makes hard decisions.

Ah but you forget Mikhal, Alexandros won't be around to make such a decision by the time the Loyalists are able to reach the Traitor Homeworlds, Madrigal & Zbruch being the exceptions as Madrigal gets burned by the Suzerainity at the end of the Insurrection, then swallowed by the Maelstrom and from what I know Zbruch is literally dead post the Godslayers' Nurglising, it's entire population turned into zombies and likely shipped off to war with the VIIIth.

Ah but you forget Mikhal, Alexandros won't be around to make such a decision by the time the Loyalists are able to reach the Traitor Homeworlds, Madrigal & Zbruch being the exceptions as Madrigal gets burned by the Suzerainity at the end of the Insurrection, then swallowed by the Maelstrom and from what I know Zbruch is literally dead post the Godslayers' Nurglising, it's entire population turned into zombies and likely shipped off to war with the VIIIth.
See that's what I'm saying it could literally be just a footnote. "And the wrath of the Tenth Legion was poured out upon the dead world of Zbruch. Purifying it with nuclear fire." The end.

Or not at all, just a thought I had. Not trying to step on anyone else's fluff.

Edited by Demus Ragnok

Although turning Traitor early own, the Bloodlords will finally be hunted down by their own brothers.

After the Siege of Terra, with nowhere to go else, the broken Legion returns to Mardum. There, (short form, too tired to write everything down) Andezo gives up all hope and falls to chaos. Before that could occure, his second in command, Adéwále and the remaining true loyal Predators confront their gene father. A battle then happens with Andezo vs. Adéwále + Dalari bodyguard and new traitor elements (who still pledge themselves to Andezo) against those brothers, who realized that they made a horrible mystake and want to redeem themselves in finding a way to defeat chaos without killing mankind.

During the apocalyptic duel between Andezo and Adéwále, Ade is impaled on Andezos wristblades.

When Andezo asks why he had turned against him, Ade replies either: "To save you." or "You took our future at the side of our loyal brothers. Now, I'm taking yours as well." and ignites a stasis bomb, capturing both of them in an eternal stasis field.

The traitors retreat. The loyalists discover that while fighting against each other, the barriers of the mortal plane were weakened, enabling demons to enter Mardum. They fall back into orbit and enact an Exterminatus upon Mardum as it is lost forever. If Andezo and Ade did survive the Exterminatus within the field, no one knows.... :)

Traitors become several warbands, declaring themselves as the rightfull sons, while the loyal forces assault the shattered worlds, plunder everything necessary, they might need, destroying its fortresses and facturies, etc.

Resettle on the nearby planet of Waniku. With a captured Ramilies Starfort as their new base of operations, the newly formed Phantom Blades try night and day to find a possibility to defeat chaos and redeem themselves.

I spoke for the early insurrection.

Afterwards:

Yi wang si-i wa ye kan dao

Xin li bian yao la jing bao jin tian zhi Dao

Anything goes

@Kel: Andezo has a wristblade? What abput the whipsword?

Ivy_Valentine.png

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

See that's what I'm saying it could literally be just a footnote. "And the wrath of the Tenth Legion was poured out upon the dead world of Zbruch. Purifying it with nuclear fire." The end.

Actually, there may be a way to make both versions compatible. After Seg. Solar is secured, Alex allows Nik to strike at Zbruch, but only to destroy its military capabilities, sparring the population. 

So, when Koschei gets ready to defect from the Traitors, he takes the legion to Zbruch where he was going to make his next major decision (return to the Loyalists or join the Suzerainty), when Nurgle happens.

Actually, there may be a way to make both versions compatible. After Seg. Solar is secured, Alex allows Nik to strike at Zbruch, but only to destroy its military capabilities, sparring the population. 

So, when Koschei gets ready to defect from the Traitors, he takes the legion to Zbruch where he was going to make his next major decision (return to the Loyalists or join the Suzerainty), when Nurgle happens.

Thing I love about this is that if Alex tells Niklaas to do that, Alex knows beyond doubt that Niklaas will do exactly that. Because Nik is that kind of guy.

We need to run this by Squig.

Given the proximity of Zbruch to Obsailes...

And the Godslayers are traitors...

Ash.

And.

Dust.

I agree that is a natural consequence, but that does provoke some confusion. Why would the legion and Koschei come back to a wasteland of a planet?

The Godslayers already have an 'honour guard' sort of garrison made up of dreadnoughts on Zbruch, so it wouldn't be too much of a leap to assume that Koschei would bulk up the defenses considering his personality and Zbruch's proximity to Obsailes.  That might make it too much of a challenge for the Fire Keepers to take on given it's only a feudal world with few technological assets.  I'd rather nothing happened to Zbruch before the Godslayers turn to Nurgle, but after that anything could work.  Perhaps either the Fire Keepers move to assault Zbruch, leading the Godslayers to return home to defend it only to find that Nurgle gets to the planet before the Fire Keepers can, or the Fire Keepers mass against Zbruch after the legion's return; either way, maybe the Fire Keepers make planetfall, finding only a few corrupted Godslayers that Koschei and the remaining Dreadnoughts could not round up before they left the planet.  That would allow them to have their shot at Zbruch, introduce the Nurglified Godslayers to the Imperium and mean that anybody who did survive the plague would die anyway, guaranteeing the deaths of all the Loyalist Godslayers.

Ah, well, that does answer my question if any of the Traitors are defending their homeworlds. 

Looks like Nik will be able to go on his pyromaniac campaign post-Nurgle, though. And not even Alex will ask him to hold back at that point.

Need your advice.

Would like to implement some worlds I've created for my Dominion of the Storms project into the lore of the Predators.

I would like to avoid calling that region Dominion as we already have one. Any suggestions of how I could name this region instead of the canon Dominion of Storms?

Cluster of storms

Domain of Storms

Region of Storms

storms region

Veil of storms

Storms rift

Stormcloud

Stormfang

Sector of Storms

Storms sector

System of storms

And thx to thesaurus: ascendancy, authorization, bailiwick, command, commission, control, country, demesne, district, domain, dominance, domination, empire, enclave, field, government, jurisdiction, management, power, preeminence, prepotence, prepotency, prerogative, privilege, property, province, realm, regency, regiment, regimentation, region, reign, rule, seniority, sovereignty, sphere, state, stomping grounds, supremacy, sway, terrain, territory, turf, walk

Simply add storm before or behind or on both sides^^

Just name it and make a little description. But I see no problem with dominiom of storms. At least if you differ it enough from the dominiin if mycene. Names like dominion, cluster, system were often used

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Allow me to correct an error here: Coaban (decided to drop that final A, by the way) does not deserve this importance. It is the Void Eagles' homeworld in name only, as it is the Legion's first compliance with (not under) Yucahu. There he ordered the building of vast astronaval facilities, using the planet's orbit as a major repair/refuel point, though it is only one of several big outposts of the legion. Other such worlds include Vernal, Anvilius, and Lukkua. But the point is, the Void Eagles would not have many reasons to expand the Imperium from this nowhere. They would likely progress coreward from the edges of the galaxy, were they stand at the outbreak of the Insurrection, striking from beyond Fugion and Mexicatii.

But, as that's a pretty late map, perhaps Alex orders Yucahu to defend all the worlds surrounding Coaban, worried that he would otherwise spread his forces in a way that would be detrimental for that war.