simison

Blast template? Shouldn't it be a more focused, potent single shot? I'm picturing the Alpha Disruptor from Ratchet and Clank

It does have a focused single shot as it's standard profile, the dispersed shot is an alternate firing mode. That said I suppose if people don't like the dispersed shot idea I have an alternate "pulse laser" concept where Stinger has D3 shots in exchange for lowering the shot strength to 7 or 6 and the penetrating power to AP3 instead. I had considered giving the focused shot the Haywire USR to really give it some oomph but I thought that might be too powerful.

Edited by SanguiniusReborn

S6 AP3 seems very powerful for a small blast when compared to the likes of a missile launcher (let's face it - this Stinger is going to be a glorified ML :P) considering that missile launchers already run upwards of 20 points (if memory serves correctly), this will end up being an extremely expensive piece of wargear.

What "technological archetype" would you consider making this? a high strength good ap blast sounds rather plasma-weapon-ish to me :) If it had Gets Hot, the strong nature of the shot would seem less special snowflakey.

Was there a decision made about what section of the Wardens he would come from? Perhaps he could be linked in some way to the Wardens' special tank unit? As in, he can either be taken as an independent character or as a Tank commander, in which case he would offer the tank unit this new shot type rather then the normal command benefits?

Just Ruel is the other named one at this point, I think.

Anyway, I'm concerned about making Stinger too expensive. Vasilios main appeal should be his army buffs, not his weapon. I really do like the idea that Vasilios gives Relentless to his squad as it shows a very good tactical advantage for heavy weapon users.

Also, since no one complained, I will be using 'Paragons of Discipline' for the legion tactic name.

I was just meaning that instead of a MC Lascannon he could take a MC Plasma Cannon or MC Multi-melta, so that he can fit in with whatever unit he is leading.

Gives him a bit of versatility. Still not used to unique characters having different equipment options. I know someone can buy a jump pack or not, is there a canon character who can switch weapons?

And you can chose different profiles for Tycho^^

That comes from having a combi-weapon ^^

Obviously, its more complicated to think of characters with different shooting types, because Games Workshop have a weird fetish of never ever ever giving a Space Marine character a heavy weapon rather then a close combat weapon - I mean, even terminator characters never get cyclone missile launchers for... reasons?

I'm okay with both options: either a dual-profile for Stinger (it could be closer to missile launcher profile to bring prices down), or two actual weapons choices.

I think he was referring to being able to choose between vanilla Tycho and Death Company Tycho (or as I prefer to call him; RIP AND TEARCHO).

I think he was referring to being able to choose between vanilla Tycho and Death Company Tycho (or as I prefer to call him; RIP AND TEARCHO).

Exactly that. When I started W40k, Tycho didn't even had a mask. And Abbaddon still has both arms. Amd the prices....damn...it was so cheap