simison

Quick update: I've created a new Legate. He is Strategos/Legate Antipater, commanding the 219th Expeditionary Fleet aboard the Nautilos.

Edited by simison

Tower shield – 10 points for characters in terminator armor/15 points for non-terminator characters/50 points as a unit upgrade - Grants +1 to the model's invulnerable save and counts as defensive grenades. Models with a tower shield can never benefit from having two close combat weapons. Available to terminator squads, command squads and characters.

Pugaree - 5 points - Adds +1 to Perils of the Warp roll  

Note on the legion wargear (will come back to Vasilios), I'm going to add the Pugaree to the Vraben to help differentiate between them and a Warden psyker who chooses his own path. That way I clear up room for my new outline of slots.

The biggest question I have is the Tower Shield. I'm trying to decide whether or not to re-name it as the storm shield and call dibs on its creation in BotL. (Not sure if that dibs war has already been decided.) If so, it'd be easy as far as modelling purposes. Or, another question mark is do I use a different kind of shield? The 40k storm shield is more medieval knight than ancient warrior, whether Roman or Greek, where the shield is meant to be interlocked with others.

I'd say give the Wardens the credit, the Iron Bears storm shields have a specific pattern name, so their's would likely not be first.

And for modelling purposes what about Tomb Kings shields, they're very classically in the Phalanx mold. You could even use them as a base and add parts from the FW breacher shield, though that'd be pricey.

On the Pugaree. Are they going to be built into the Vraben or an optional upgrade for them?

And are dreadnoughts no longer able to take Tower Shields? That's kind of a pity as I really like the idea of a dreadnought carrying a shield the size of a wall and using it to defend itself and the small squishy marines behind it :)

Have you got any ideas for Malis' traitors and their livery?

Was thinking about it in class. Malis renames those under his direct command as the 'Hammers'. He prefers a simpler name to the 'Halcyon Wardens',as he rejects Alex's vision of protection for a more aggressive philosophy/war strategy. Over the years, the name is modified by everyone else to 'Hammers of Malis' to help distinguish them. Their symbol becomes a spiked warhammer. 

Colors, I'm less sure. Depends on which Chaos god they pledge allegience too. It'll either be Khorne or Slaanesh. 

Cool.

For the Shrike piece I've swapped in Captain Lothar from the original Halcyon Wardens thread, and realised that Akylles is too young to even appear as a neophyte after writing him a little appearance. So instead I've subbed in the characters Sigi and I named from that diorama.

By the way, can I call dibs for Seleucus (the one I named) to lead the Crimson Crusaders?

Oh, that's right. Athrawes definitely has more painted models than I do, but I have a lot more developed lore going for me. 

Captain Lothar... he's in charge of the recon company part of the Miasma attack, right? 

Seleucus is the name of the power sword-wielding Warden that AO painted up? 

Yes, I'll allow that. The Crimson Crusaders are the only brigade still operating as a brigade at the start of the Insurrection and were hunting Orks. Or did that lore change?

Story Characters

Sub-Commander Wilhelm - Solar Auxilia commander of the 102nd.

Lieutenant Bowditch - Solar Auxilia junior officer of the 102nd

Captain Ricksher - Commander of the Storm Riders' 74th recon company

Gaius - legion psyker; personally healed by Alex from mental illness

Xenevo - Archon, leader of the Miasma (cabal)

Ruland Holt - trooper of the 102nd, formerly of the 67th Auxilia Cohort

Captain Hierax - Ship commander of the Elpis. Former Lieutenant of the Jutland Spear, former XO of the Hammer of Albyon

Adalbard - High Chaplain of the Storm Riders

Captain Thoren Bosowski - Human Captain of the light cruiser Iron Griffin.

Fleetmaster Themos - Human Admiral. Veteran of the Selecuid Campaign

Immanzeul Kant - Storm Rider's most powerful legion psyker after Alexandros

Jorg Casvo - Greatest of the Storm Rider champions. Wields a power maul

Story Places

IG-88 - planet of a neighboring system of Delos. Site of first battle with Alexandros as legion master

Story battles 

Karyon Campaign - Involved vicious fighting, 67th Auxilia Cohort participated

Rulebook Characters

LT Froid - First case of insanity

SGT Goverian - Second case of insanity

Edrik Yeshie - First legion commander of the Storm Riders

Mentioned battles

Liberation of Balov - Largest client state of the Wardens

Zassinition Campaign - Third military campaign of Alexandros

Pulled up the list off Heresy30k. No, Captain Lothar isn't involved. He is involved in the second battle as part of of the Storm Riders cleansing a Space Hulk, commanding his own Strike Force.

After seeing the Custodian shields, I'm definitely renaming the Tower Shields as Storm Shields and claiming dibs on their invention. And dreadnoughts can still use them, I didn't mean to suggest otherwise. (I may have forgotten about that, whoops.)

I also have written a new Legate. Legate Arstron Ustyr. So, that's four out of the ten and can anybody spot the reference?

And dreadnoughts can still use them, I didn't mean to suggest otherwise.

Well if Space Wolf Dreads can do it, why not us?

EDIT: Also all this talk about Shields give me an idea for the Tower Shields (Storm Shields now I guess), now I know they already have rules but just humour me. Anyway, to represent the Wardens' skill at defensive combat and shieldwalls why not have any unit who charges a Warden unit equipped with the Shields immediately take a Str 4 AP - Hammer of Wrath hit to represent the Wardens countering with a well-time Shield Bash.

Edited by SanguiniusReborn

On the Pugaree. Are they going to be built into the Vraben or an optional upgrade for them?

The Pugaree will be built in. 

Someone once suggest that long ago in the original lost legion thread. I think it's a bit unwieldy to include in just the storm shield rule, but I'll save it for consideration for when I create the Order of the Shield RoW.