A Mordian march to glory

duz_

The devil is in the detail... nice work :smile.:

Not sure the best way to go about weathering the beast with your colour scheme... but now it has gained sandbags and a scattering of a rummage sale around the hull I don't think you will get away with leaving it pristine.

Perhaps a light ochre oil wash as a bit of dirty water seepage from the sandbags?

Similar to my Baneblade (rivets on the side of the turret) but not as heavy...

gallery_62353_10396_81048.jpg

Edit: impressed with the idea behind the sandbags - link added to resources

Edited by elmo

So one of the things I am having the most difficulty with living on the other side of the world. Is that there is never really a good time to prime in the Midwest. So you take what you can get, when you can. That happened to be today, with storms over the weekend and more expected this evening.

Im hoping to get the base coat down in the next week or so. I've been ordered by high missus command to stop hobbying so much now I've attended the tournament I had been preping my RG for the last several months.

Looks good in black! ;) I'm thinking I might have to name it too...

gallery_87434_11578_433818.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_458225.jpg

Bear in mind, what I'm about to say is only my opinion and it should only be taken as the opinion of one man (who might very well be in the minority):

As good an idea I think adding the sandbags to the big old girl is... I don't like the Juweela sandbags.

I have my reasons, and again I'm more likely than not in the minority here, but I don't think it matters.

It's still a great-looking model.

I've always wanted one in point of fact but after the leaks and such I'm not sure my enthusiasm for the Guard is as strong as it had been for the last twenty years.

Anyway, Carry on. I can't wait to see a finished result.

Trying to make a dent in my 40 odd unpainted Mordians while I wait for the RG painting challenge to begin.

7 seems the right batch size...

gallery_87434_11578_229265.jpg

I am now starting to wonder if I should go back and highlight the creases in the trousers and jackets... possibly the reds too... hrmmm

Thanks!

Yes that was my thoughts too, a lot of my Mordians were painted for a tournament I attended 2 years back. So at the time they were "speed" painted to make the event in time. The other part was that my painting ability and patience wasn't as great back then. 

I think even a little bit will go a long way in this case, so after I get through this remaining unpainted batch I might go back and start doing more detail to them :)

I also unfortunately bought a "Mordian Commanders " that was actually a Cadian, which I didn't realise until after the fact.

However he has an awesome looking power fist which will be getting snipped and put on one of my many actual Mordian Commanders :)

• 2 weeks later...

And so it begins...

gallery_87434_11578_84115.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_25743.jpg

Started on the base to get used to the large surface area, the large base brush and Castellan green consistency.

It takes about 3-4 thin layers (Duncan would be proud).

All up this took probably over an hr... hopefully once this base goes down the camo will go on quicker and require less coats.

I wish I had an air brush!!

Enjoying it so far though. :)

Oh, I like this. I wish I'd hit on the White Scar drybrush fix for the Corax White spray. Two of my Righteous Fist Space Marine vehicles look weirdly different to all the rest as a result! Lovely Mordians too - a nice simple scheme that's very effective.

Looking forwards to the rest of the Baneblade.

Thanks!
Yes its super effective and easy :)
Just make sure you have a large dry brush!

You'll probably want some brush soap for after you're done too. :tu:

I will be doing a similar white scheme for my Baneblade in future! The current one I am painting is a commission. hence the Cadian colours. 

I will be doing something along the lines of this "dazzle" camo I did for my RG

The strips will be some what larger though.

gallery_87434_12256_357990.jpg

I will use Loren Forrest, Zandri dust and maybe some black.
I hope to start laying down the masking tape this evening :) I have a vague idea of how the pattern will turn out.

I will still need to wash, detail and weather afterwards....
I'm wondering if I want to maintain my sanity and not individually agrax wash each single rivet...

More progress!

I also spent some time working on one of my Lord Commissars. This guy in my first game of 8th took our 3 GK Strike's, 1 Hammer Terminator and almost took our Stern! So I decided to paint him up, I'm still not 100% on the colour scheme yet. I'm hoping once I give it a wash and some highlights it will come into its own.

gallery_87434_11578_268417.jpg

Meanwhile my wife was off with her mum and sister last night so I got some time to work on the Baneblade, annoyingly the Death World Green wasn't as dark as I had hoped... Ohwell I think it still works

gallery_87434_11578_334538.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_236217.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_166199.jpg

Washes are on the to do list. ;)

Actually I should have the commissar finished today I hope! :) He certainly looks better after his wash. Highlights and dry brushes left on him.

Yeh Baz definitely! I was actually looking at large warships for the inspiration! Haha :D

I did initially steal the idea from your tanks though. ;)

So productive day today, finsihed my Lord Commissar!

This was a great example of sticking to your vision! Early on I wasn't convinced it was going to turn out how I wanted it too and almost threw it in the drink!
However I kept to my guns and I'm really pleased with how he turned out! I'm looking forward to painting my 2nd one of this model, I may make it subtly different though.

gallery_87434_11578_199442.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_115312.jpggallery_87434_11578_171203.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_199519.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_86768.jpg

(I do have to finish off his base, but its close enough to claim finished ;) )

I also got some Dettol and containers and threw all my painted Cadians in. They have now all become conscripts to my Mordians ;)

Although some might be promoted to heavy and special weapon teams if they prove themselves worthy... :)

PS Does anyone know how well FW resin fares in Dettol? I have a Krieg command squad I want to give a bath too!