The Red Sorcerers of Prospero: Exiles of Osiris

Athrawes

The painted model is outstanding, and missing a mold line is far to easy. I don't know how many times I have found a mold line while painting or photographing a model. Most of the people are probably just bitter that you got the model instead of them. And whoever claimed the model is stolen is an even bigger fool, if the model was stolen GW could have shut down the sale immediately.

Seriously mate, ignore these keyboard warriors, they are being deliberately obtuse and obnoxious to get a rise out of you.

Sadly the internet gives such cretins a voice. It is easy to take cheap shots at just about anything, but as I always say, if you point a finger at someone there is always 3 more pointing back at you! Negativity like that is usually born from jealousy. I can assure you there are far more people that were happy to see you post the pre release. I think a lot of people are miffed at the thought there may not be a FW Ahriman, so they are just venting bile at any target.

Don't feed the troll!

This. Don't let them claim a win, dude

First world problems: I have nothing better to do than bitch incessantly about everything on the internet.

As others have said, don't let it get to you. In case you were unaware, you are now the 30k Thousand Sons guy as well as the II Legion guy, and you've cast a huge shadow for both.

Wow I'm really upset about those comments. When I saw that you had the leaked model, I was overjoyed because there is not a single hobbiest I would trust over you with that wonderful 1000 sons opportunity!

Forget those pieces of :cuss, you're an excellent addition to the 30k fan base and your models speak for themselves!

Ahriman looks :censored: excellent, man! Don't let the comments get you down! A lot of folks go online to get their "feel goods" on; for some people, like you and me, that means coming to the B&C to feel inspired and energized for the hobby and for others that means blowing out peoples candles to make their own seem brighter. Luckily, there's definitely more of the former but the latter are certainly louder sometimes :tongue.:

For sure one of my favorite logs on the site, so keep it up bro! That head swap definitely seems the way to go on this guy; for some reason the default head just doesn't do it for me; it seems too flat/smooth in the faceplate or something. Either way, you nailed it with the paintjob! :smile.:

That's pretty disappointing to hear and more than a bit sad. That pretty much sums up the Internet though.

Model looks great, mate. As does the rest of the army. I've got to be honest, I'm a bit dubious about the origins of the model but that's got nothing to do with you.

I'm pleased to see it obviously went to someone who appreciates it.

Amazing work man

I have actually seen a Golden Daemon winning painted miniature that had an actual thumb print on it.

Really? Do you have a link? this I gotta see.

Saw it at a games day inside a glass case... Didn't take picture unfortunately.

As others have said, don't let it get to you. In case you were unaware, you are now the 30k Thousand Sons guy as well as the II Legion guy, and you've cast a huge shadow for both.

Pretty much this. You are the bar when it comes to thousand sons and lost legions. And it's a pretty high bar!

Haters gonna hate.

Back to your Thousand Sons, I wonder if having a Forge Lord w/Cortex Controller and a maniple of Castellax Battle-automata wouldn't be really cool. Fluff-wise Captain Khalophis of the 6th Fellowship used the fire of their Pyrae and the automata to do a lot of damage. And you could paint them with some metallic blue/gold trim as a foreshadowing of what will happen to the Sons.

Back to your Thousand Sons, I wonder if having a Forge Lord w/Cortex Controller and a maniple of Castellax Battle-automata wouldn't be really cool. Fluff-wise Captain Khalophis of the 6th Fellowship used the fire of their Pyrae and the automata to do a lot of damage. And you could paint them with some metallic blue/gold trim as a foreshadowing of what will happen to the Sons.

giphy.gif

Don't let the trolls get you down your work is epic. To be honest when I saw you had won him on eBay as the only bidder part of me wondered if it wasn't a genius marketing ploy to 'accidentally' put him in the hands of someone who could really do him justice and show him off.

In fact, I'm still not sure because if I worked in marking at GW he'd be exactly where I wanted him. Be honest was this a set up.

As ever can wait to see more.

Edited by JJD

It's the Internet. More to the point, it's Facebook. People are :cusss on the Internet and especially, I find, on Facebook.

It's people. We are :cusss. Anonymity, lack of physical confrontation always shows true colors. Keyboard cowards. This slice of heaven we all visit isn't exempt. I'm not exempt. We can do better. We will do better :)

Thanks for posting those responses, Athrawes.

Ignore these idiots.

They are jealous as hell!

I'm glad that you have won Ahriman. Couldn't imagine someone else more worthy of painting him. You are doing more than well.

Your Sons look really great and I still can't wait for your Harbringers.

Magnus would be proud and I can't Imagine how glorios your Magnus might be.

This Hose to all of you Great Panzers and modellers, don't even dare to stop!

It is your hobby, not theirs!!!

giphy.gif

Or (a comrade of) Ignis, the Master of Ruin from the Ahriman novels. The masters seemed to be a minor order of Thousand Sons, possibly techy or siege-y or the Praevians. Igniswore orange terminator armour in the books - orange may be part of his order's heraldry pre-heresy?

As for the trolls - please ignore them! They are being horrible because they can be - but it does not reflect you or your work. 

Edited by Petitioner's City

• 3 weeks later...