The Red Sorcerers of Prospero: Exiles of Osiris

Athrawes

Just found this thread, hope you didn't stop posting because of the reactions of some idiots. These are one of the nicest Sons I've seen and if anything, they inspire me to make them my next legion. 

You've done great work on many conversions and green stuffing, I don't understand the %$* about mould lines..  but from what I've seen out there on the tables and online, I'd put your models in the top 5%. I hope you've kept up painting this army, and will post some more pics.

I sincerely hope that this forum hasn't given you any negative feedback. I've not spotted any harsh comments at all on this board (as a reply to someones project), just some helpful comments for improvement here and there. FB is the breeding ground for the scum of this planet, just stick to this forum and keeping showing off please!

Yeah the original helm makes him look like the Tin Man

"follow the yellow brick road to Prospero"

This thread is win. I painted up a tactical marine that I had lying around.. Tamiya chrome basecoat followed by a glosscoat spray then slightly-thinned Tamiya Clear Red

As I said elsewhere on B&C, I have sold guitars and guns to make this 30k army when I didn't have a single interest in 30k last week

Its easy for me to say but try to ignore the haters!

Your work is amazing - it may prove to be the final 'nudge' that inspires me to go TS for my next army!!!

Here here!

I agree completely, in fact this thread did inspire me to start up my 1k sons! Don't loose heart because of internet trolls, your work is amazing! Some of the best I've seen!

This army is pure glory, unbound. 

And forget FB, or any other site, for that matter. Stick with us, brother. WE, those sworn to the shield of red, black and white, are Legion. All others are heralds of abuse and failure.

I had just been looking at the pretty miniatures but I just read what you said about the mean comments and all i can say is:

Forget about those random :cuss Your stuff is great!

Edited by GrandMagnus

This army is pure glory, unbound. 

And forget FB, or any other site, for that matter. Stick with us, brother. WE, those sworn to the shield of red, black and white, are Legion. All others are heralds of abuse and failure.

"Heralds of abuse" could be the name of a cool Slaanesh Warband^^

Athrawes,

may I use one of your character models for my upcoming TS warband?

If yes, which one would that be?

I got a TS tick right now because of Magnus, Talon of Horus and so on.

Current infos:

Sons of Setech

leader: Setech Ek'hmar

color: deep purple (mix of red and blue) and bonewhite trim

loyalty: former independent (possibly part of Ahrimans Prodigal Sons), have recently joined Magnus again

Within the Dominion of Storms, rumors had risen of a former lost fleet of the Great Crusade. Reappearing from the warp and still isolated from the wider Imperium, it is a worthy bounty to chase after. A fleet full of weapons and wonders of a glorious time, several factions are racing towards the Dominion to gain this precious chance to bolster their ranks:

- the last supporters of the fallen Tion Hegemonie (part of my Dominion project, a Hegemonie builded upon worshiping the reborn Sigilite)

- Watch Fortress Mortguard (as all local forces of the Imperium are busy, it falls upon the brothers of the Deathwatch to find this fleet)

- Sons of Setech (though officially tasked by Abbadon, the followers of Setech Ek'hmar swore their fealty to their Primarch again, trying to secure the fleet in order to prepare either Warzone Fenris II or the Endtimes for Magnus)

So, would be cool if I could make one of your guys being the second in command of the SoS. :)

Great news, thank you! :D

Will let you know when I got something done. Just found a decent TS codex on 1d4chan, with some good ideas. It looked decent enough to be of use.

How are your projects going on?

May we suggest to see something new soon, either TS or LB? :)

Thanks for all the support guys, I have been working on the Sons, and have actually finished quite a lot, but seeing as i just got my transfer sheets (all 3 of them), I've been holding off on posting the new things I've finished until I could apply transfers to them. That way I don't have to repost them again after transfers, so I should be diving into that on my next few days off work.

That said, now that my army is complete (sans Transfers), and Inferno and Legion specific unit have been delayed until early next year, I've begun work on something new:

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/D046DB2D-1A39-490A-84F6-FBACD4999929.jpg

I'm just in the cleaning phase at the moment. Once that is done I'll move on to interiors, but mostly I'm just dying to see her in metallic red.

Awesome looking kit. To be honest I was really disappointed with the official pictures on the website, thought the yellow really drowned out a lot of the features.

But now, Stormbird in Athrawes red with Tsons transfer's...I think I need to go for a lie down while that idea sinks in...

>Athrawes buys and paints Ahriman

>GSC get released

>Magnus spoilered

>Athrawes gets the aeronautical equivalent of a tactical nuke on roids

Thus far it has been two very exciting months for me :D Can't wait to see that bad boy in livery!

Looking good man. Is there a psyker power in your deck that will make me paint faster? ;)

I second doing some of the Castellax and such because I will begin building up some robits so we can play rock em sock em robots. Just waiting on that Arlatax...any year now...

Take me out of the oven, because I am so done.

In the past few days; Magnus was revealed, the contents of the Prospero box were leaked, Sisters of Silence confirmed, Overwatch got a Halloween event and THEN ATHRAWES BUYS A STORMBIRD!

Please, my body can only handle so much hype. Don't do this.

DO IT.

Edited by Legionary Pallas

Osiris Reborn

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/e62583d2-2c27-40d5-ada6-b229e8cc107e.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/76fd4d9d-6503-4aa8-a743-55465e1f772e.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/f6f3caaa-2249-484e-90e8-c5ba86546892.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/a366be55-5740-4211-ba69-c29489cfa1b6.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/cf074096-7c5c-4fee-8373-dfa7dbf26a13.jpg

+++++++++

This is the Post-Prospero version of my Praetor Osiris, he was blinded during the battle, and was spirited away by his surviving exiles.

I've also begin playing with the Transfers, I'm particularly pleased with the gold runes , the gold on the metallic red ends up looking like a water mark, not decoration. It seems much less gaudy than using the white glyphs, and is a bit more subtle and in my opinion more fitting for the nature of the Thousand Sons.