The Observer's 30k Stuff - Holguin Conversion

@Tyrannicide: Thanks mate! I've never tried sclae 75 myself, but have heard only good things about it. I have a few small things in work for my Blood Angels, namely a Spartan Assault Tank and also a squad of palatine blades that is on the way and I plan on converting into a unit of veterans.

@Vairocanum: Thank you kindly! Can't take much credit for pose, seeing as how inflexible the Mor Deythan squad is, but painting both Alpha Legion and Blood Angels has been great fun.

@Soldier of Dorn: Thanks mate, glad you like it! :) There will be some new Blood Angels stuff soon (Next to Alpha Legion) and perhaps a white scar or two!

Now, today I have something rather special for you. Some of you maybe know Shadespyre's awesome Rogue Trader army thread on this very site (linky link:  http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/284441-a-new-chapter-rt-space-marines-assault-terminators/). Well, with his approval, I did a Primaris marine in his army's scheme. Have a look:

zmh3p9I.jpg?1

rQDF5rR.jpg?1

UPpepTv.jpg?1

ahsT58U.jpg?1

LN6lZHS.jpg?1

The Primaris is finished, only the base remains. I did the white sternguard helm because I like how it tied stuff together. Now, I havent done a clean, unweathered miniature in nearly a decade, so it was a rather wild ride for me. The paint is thick in a few places, but I love the retro aesthetic of the scheme is just so captivating! All in all, it was a pleasure to paint and I will surely do another one in my more typical, weathered style :)

This miniature was a rather nice palette cleanser between all the death guard and horus heresy stuff I've been painting recently (Also lost much drive for the Emperor's Scythes, so they are kinda on ice right now).

Anyways, the base should be done tommorrow, so you'll see the fully finished fella then :)

Hope you like this small Rogue Trader detour I did today. C&C is, as always, very welcome and much appreciated.

Veteran Squad Sentini

Hp2eeG9.jpg?1

Veteran Sergeant Sentini, son of Baal, born to the Pureblood tribe. Swiftly his star rose amongst our ranks and many prophesised his ascension to the ranks of Centurio, and yet he fell to the blades of the traitors. Surrounded by Night Lords, he bought us time to flee, to retreat into the safety of our thunderhawk. I can still see his flame-wreathed fist crush limbs and skulls in its grasp, all the while he chanted "Hellfire! Hellfire upon you all!".

I saw him fall, laid low by the devastating fury of a plasma cannon. So fierce he was, our Sentini, that no blade of the enemy could lay him low. It was Seraph Supreme Nathanael that sought out his corpse after the traitor had retreated. I can't speak of victory. How could I? The Angel and his Father were laid low. How can I taste victory when I weep tears of bitter sorrow?

dHy9ubj.jpg?1

Veteran Galach, son of an unknown father, born in the prison pits of Baal-Primus. At first, we had all been wary of him, he was of marred mind after all. A kinslayer, and yet fate saw him fit for ascension. Galach survived where greater men failed; he prevailed where purer ones succumbed. His skill with the blade was formidable, as with all sons of Sanguinius, but amongst our squad it was his shot that was unrivaled, and so we bequeathed one of our ancient heavy bolters upon him.

He oiled and cleaned the weapon meticulously every day, treated it as if it where some relic of faith. Had the course of fate not deigned to have Horus stray from his intended path, Galach might have gone to see the forges of Mars and learn beneath its spires. Instead, fate would see him mauled, crippled and deemed unfit for active service after the siege. Galach would teach the new recruits of what would become the chapter of Blood Drinkers and it was due to him that many great heroes rose from the chapter's ranks.

WJcCCGc.jpg?1

Veteran Sheru, son of Terra, born to the blood-drinking tribes of Ynd. In him burned a wild fire; a passion for war and slaughter. His chainsword was never dry in battle, his pistol never silent. There was much to love about him: humour, loyalty, strength, fraternity. I admired him most for his honesty. The whole company knew him, for it was always Sheru that questioned leaders, brethren and even primarchs alike.

Once, I asked him why, since I only saw insolence in his acts. Sheru answered that only by being confronted with the mistakes and flaws in our plans, in our very beings, we could become more. Thesis and Antithesis had to merge in order for a solution to emerge. His death was a shame. Sheru met his end at the hands of Angron, felled by one swoop of daemonic arms.

ZQjl3tW.jpg?1

Veteran Marcus, son of Baal, one of the first to join the IXth. I remember the day I saw our lord Sanguinius for the first time. I was only a newborn, still blind to the world and sickly, as were all children of iradiated Baal. When Sanguinius descended from the skies, clad in golden plate and crimson jewels, I opened my eyes and was nearly blinded by glory. My mother used to tell me how I had wept small, clear streams and had yet not uttered one cry. The image of benevolence manifest had been burned into my mind since then.

The Angel had spoken to us, he asked for the strongest children and young men of the tribes. In return, he would give us heroes that would conquer the very stars themselves. He gave us a decade to prepare and prepare I did. I was the strongest of the Opaltear tribe's crop. I sailed to the stars, to visit destruction upon the enemies of mankind and to witness the wonders between the stars. Now, I weep again, for darkness has befallen us.

OXjs7s0.jpg?1

Xuan, son of Chogoris, born upon the steppe beneath a starlit sky. It is, perhaps, puzzling to see a White Scar, or indeed any of our cousins amongst our ranks. Nearly a century ago, when the Crusade was still young, White Scars and Blood Angels had fought a war against the Eldar. Then we were still five sons of Sanguinius, for Ante had still lived. The friendship between Ante and Xuan had been strong and pure; both men of the blade and brethren in spirit, if not in blood.

A foul xenos blade of twisted glass and cursed bone would seek out Xuan's heart, yet Ante would not allow his friend to fall. It was Ante that fell to the piercing strike, not Xuan. The Chogorian would slay the Eldar witch in the end, yet he would weep three days and three nights for his fallen friend. When time came to part ways, Xuan had requested an audience with the great Khan, the Hawk of War. He explained that he could not leave, not until the debt of blood had been repaid. With touched and proud hearts, both the Hawk and the Angel permitted Xuan's wish. The debt was repaid on Terra. Xuan would save my life.

-------------------------------------------------------

I told you more Blood Angels stuff was comming!

@Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks mate, was quite a challenge to freehand!

Alright, today I need some input of y'all. I've started painting another Primaris, in hopes of evoking some more Rogue Trader feels, its not much yet, but take a look:

U1Ag9ZB.jpg?1

4dMIldB.jpg?1

I want this minty green to be the main colour of the scheme but otherwise I am a bit stumped. I don't know what secondary colour to use. Only thing I know is that the bolter casing will be black and that he will have a white helmetstripe. I don't think that I'll be doing a quartered scheme, but a half and half scheme is not out of the question. I've considered using a strong, dark peach red or maybe a soft purple-blue, currently tending to purple blue.

Any suggestions? I'll do several testers before anything is decided, because this will be a small diorama (I found a pretty nice plaster base in a store here), so feel free to suggest whatever you want!

That's all for today, thanks for looking! C&C is, as always, very welcome and appreciated! Have a nice day :)

Great update, loved reading the story from a survivor's perspective. Really liked the idea of having the white scar as part of the squad as well, and makes the squad look so characterful. For the mint paint scheme, I think your idea of purple blue would look best, alternatively I think an olive colored green could look nice if you're not looking for bigger contrasts. Looking forward to seeing more!

• 2 weeks later...

@Vairocanum: Thanks mate, glad you liked it! I've always wanted to build and paint a white scar or two, but never knew how to fit them in thematically, until the idea of a blooddebt came to me. As you can see in my new thread, I have gone with a strong lilac tone :)

@Pearson73: I tried it out (Loved it very much!), but I paint so much red already (Inquisimunda, Unification Era AND Blood Angels), that I didn't want to oversaturate my collection with red. Thank you for your suggestion though :)

@Wolf_Priest_Dantay.: I like the way you think, son of Russ.....

Anyways, for a picture of my nearly finished minty marine, just follow this linky:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/339671-and-smite-they-shall-the-emperors-reavers-descend/

Now, today I have some Blood Angels WiPs for y'all:

KzHquYI.jpg?1
PywsjV6.jpg?1
nSOlKDJ.jpg?1

This one is, as you can see, nearly finished, just the tabard, pouches and sword left to do :) The next one is still early in the painting process, so you can see how my Blood Angels look before all the weathering is applied.

6u7Jx3k.jpg?1
LYzOcSv.jpg?1

Can you spot all the heraldic inspirations? ;)

Anyways, that is all folks. Hope you like dthe small update. C&C is, as always, very much appreciated and welcome! Have a nice day.

Good God-Emperor your Angels are beautiful Observer, just like everything you make, especially that newest PowFis/InfPis Marine.

Can you spot all the heraldic inspirations? ;)

Hmm, I'm guessing one of your primary inspirations is the BA Sergeant from the 2nd Edition Box Art with the fist & pistol combo, the golden-yellow fist and black flame decoration on the limbs.

2nd_ed_codex_imperialis.jpg

+++++++Communication incoming, secure line Theta-Gamma-Charybdis+++++++

+++++++Accept? Y/N+++++++

+++++++Input: Y+++++++

+++++++Communication link is in the process of being stabilized+++++++

+++++++Please stand by+++++++

-Lord Alpharius, the loyalist forces have breached the outer parameter, they have established a beach-head-

-Has the project been secured?-

-Partially lord, we are still in the process of copying all relevant research notes. We need more time-

-This you shall have. Contact the Archwright and relay my orders to him-

-Understood lord. Your message?-

-Awaken the Tiamat-

+++++++Communication link terminated+++++++

+++++++We are Alpharius+++++++

+++++++We are Many+++++++

+++++++We are One+++++++

+++++++We are Omega+++++++

du2GYD7.jpg?1

------------------------------

You thought you saw the last of my dreadnoughts? You were wrong lads.

@SanguiniusReborn: Thanks mate, glad you like it :D And you are spot on, that very cover is my jam!

Well, that is all for today; it is a bit short, I know, but more is comming soon! Have a nice day :)

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a small sneak-peek into a long-term project of mine; Can you guess what it'll be? :wink:

For those too curious to wait for more information, feel free to spoiler yourself on my blog in the sig (*Coughshamelessselfplugcough*)

UoXwUST.jpg?1

Also, as a small sidenote, me and Chaplain Dosjetka have started a joint project, great things are to come!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/340258-the-euripides-incident-a-joint-30k-project-log/?p=4907140

'Til next time, have a nice day!

Oh man I can't believe I missed the last update, that leviathan looks amazing, definitely looking forward to seeing the color pics. I spoiled myself and I have to say I'm very excited to see the army grow. Hope school doesn't get too stressful, I'm swamped in assignments myself :teehee:.

Hide of Steel

The beauty of captured sunlight

The ferocity of the roaring wind

The earth torn apart by zeal

A flash of crimson red and silky black

All encased in rich, gleaming gold

Such are the steeds of Sanguinius

jjv6ZCu.jpg?1

---------------

@Vairocanum: Glad you like the big'un, definitely a favorite of mine! Don't you mention any assignments, I come here to escape :sweat:

Well, as you can see, I'm working on a pretty hefty piece of resin. To tell you the truth, I got this thing pretty cheap from ebay, but it was pre-assembled and painted in some sticky, thick paint. Took quite some time to get most of it off. I think it should be possible to salvage the fella and slap him on a nice base :)

That's all for today, hope you liked the small preview. More paint comming soon!

@Vairocanum: Still chipping away on it, all the transfers are down at least :)

Alright, so I've cobbled something together, a space marine centurion/lieutnant to be precise, and I am kinda stumped what legion/chapter he'll be.

GGpDWh7.jpg?1

NbZzvN2.jpg?1

3AcM9MO.jpg?1

Currently, I am contemplating either Horus Heresy era Iron Warriors/Pre-Perturabo Iron Warriors or 40k Red Scorpions or Fire Hawks?

What do you think? Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance, your suggestions are much appreciated!

To me, at least, he feels like a Marine Malevolent. Perhaps it's the archaic and beaten nature of his wargear, or the plume (where's that from, by the way? I rather like that bit.) or the fact that he's armed with a simple bolter, loud and brutal. Failing that, I suppose he'd work for an Iron Warrior, but the Malevolents... I dunno. Just in terms of feel, it seems right.

@deathspectersgt7: Noted :)

@Soldier of Dorn: I gotta say, I didn't even think of the Marines Malevolent intially, but your suggestion made me think of Hyanidae's old thread and all the nostalgia hit me like a brick to the face. While I did not paint the fella in yellow and black, I will now definitely have to paint one Marine Malevolent sometime soon! The plume is from the Primaris Captain kit. The bit comes separate from the head and you need to file it down a bit, but otherwise it fits pretty snuggly.

@Vairocanum: Another great chapter I'll eventually have to paint for my collection. I should probably do a collection of Badab War chapters akin to what Kizzdougs did with the legions, hmm....

@Chaplain Dosjetka: Ask and ye shall receive!

8gr1lCb.jpg?1

RGXiEwG.jpg?1

xMtp1DH.jpg?1

Again, very much a blast to paint. However, I am a bit sad that I didn't get to try out the Red Scorpions and my revised Iron Warriors scheme on this figure, which I think is one of my best conversions yet, that I have ordered parts for two more :) So expect to see the same centurion/lieutnant in the comming weeks (Although there will be a few alterations).

The only thing left to finish is the base, and I'll probably go with a generic brown earth and snow base, since it is so fast and looks good. Anyways, that is all for today! Hope you like the Fire Hawk, and thanks for all the suggestions! C&C is, as always, very much welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

@Vairocanum: Glad you are as pleased with him as I am! :D

@Chaplain Dosjetka: Thanks mate, glad you like him! Certainly was amazing to paint, and I just might design an orange coloured chapter down the line :)

Well, I've painted my first Iron Warrior in a long, long while. I've perfected my paintscheme, and am finally satisfied with it. Have a look:

WVVVekh.jpg?1

asMSQ6t.jpg?1

ci7GQnG.jpg?1

Only thing I need to work on are the lenses, everything else I am very, very happy with, so expect the true iron legion to make a return to this thread after christmas!

Anyways, that is all for today. Hope you like the small preview of things to come. C&C is, as always, very welcome and appreciated!