The New HH Box (Highly Likely to be Prospero) - Happy?

Balthamal

Corswain.

If there is no Bjorn there would not be a Godsmote, as Godsmote is sub-ordinate to Bjorn.

Not necessarily. The Heresy is the making of a lot of characters (Bjorn amongst them) so who knows who we'll get. My belief is that the only reason Bjorn won't be in Prospero is because he will have much more interesting/exciting things to do later in the Heresy and he's being saved for that.

I agree though, Godsmote is unlikely, I just think he'd be interesting.

On topic: I'm pretty impressed with the model. I won't be disappointed if this is one of the HQs from B@C2, only if the troops are Legion specific too. If it's a stand-alone release, I think I'll pick it up as well.

for some reason I like it less fully assembled...

Well, yeah, it is a fairly bland sculpt. The helmet looks a lot better though :)

Thing is, he doesn't look the least bit like 40k Ahriman (well, he's got a cloak) - when you look at the two (three) Khârn models, they all share design elements (especially in the helmet) that make you instantly think "Khârn". And with such an iconic figure of 40k in general, I can't see why they would make Ahriman like that - it still could be Ahriman, but I sincerely hope not.

To be clear: it's still a relatively nice model.  It just doesn't scream "Ahriman"

Well, yeah, it is a fairly bland sculpt. The helmet looks a lot better though smile.png

Thing is, he doesn't look the least bit like 40k Ahriman (well, he's got a cloak) - when you look at the two (three) Khârn models, they all share design elements (especially in the helmet) that make you instantly think "Khârn". And with such an iconic figure of 40k in general, I can't see why they would make Ahriman like that - it still could be Ahriman, but I sincerely hope not.

To be clear: it's still a relatively nice model. It just doesn't scream "Ahriman"

You better read the Ahriman books. His 40k look is 100% different than his 30k one 'cause he gets that armour from another sorcerer abit after the scouring was over ....

Well, yeah, it is a fairly bland sculpt. The helmet looks a lot better though :)

To be clear: it's still a relatively nice model.  It just doesn't scream "Ahriman"

You better read the Ahriman books. His 40k look is 100% different than his 30k one 'cause he gets that armour from another sorcerer abit after the scouring was over ....

So is that still a 30k model ?

I think it looks pretty great, would love to see it tidied up and with some paint on it. If this is a sign of things to come in terms of what GW will be pumping out in plastic I think it bodes well for the hobby. I'm just trying to place the armour mark, front looks Mk VI but there is banding on the back of the leg that would suggest otherwise... 

TS HH Pic

What is the symbol on his shoulder the eye and the arrows? I haven't seen that in any thousand sons artwork before?

Although its suspiciously like the eye of Horus, I think it is the eye of Magnus. Like an additional emblem associated with the legion but not their main icon, eg. the templar cross association with the Imperial Fists. I think the image that I've attached kinda looks like it... with a little imagination gymnastics

Legs are mark 6 torso mark 4. Arms are a custom design on mark 4 pads could be mark 7 but likely a thicker rimmed mark 4 also, as this is the way FW/GW were going with them.

Technically as it is amix it should be mark 5.

But guessing custom mark 4.

Ahriman killed another T-Son took his armour or helm or both.

Also describes the rubric marines armour paint flaking away and the blue colour emerging I think.

So Atia is right. 30 & 40k Ahrimans would look very different.

I hope this ends the "is this a 40k model ??" debate once and for all ...

med_gallery_79873_10492_74006.jpg

Some people should look into our news and rumours section rather than reading buggus on Spikeybits and believing it. God Emperor ...

I hope this ends the "is this a 40k model ??" debate once and for all ...

med_gallery_79873_10492_74006.jpg

Some people should look into our news and rumours section rather than reading buggus on Spikeybits and believing it. God Emperor ...

notice the new thousand sons contemptor behind the already existing one?

It's a conversion :P

That picture was posted on Facebook yesterday (along with other shots) by a guy claiming to be the guy who won the miniature on eBay, accompanied by the statement: "I like the model a ton but it was a nightmare of mold lines in hard to manage places. Here are a few better pics after more cleaning:"

It certainly is a 30k mini, but a random guy buying a purported 30k Thousand Son mini off eBay and taking a photo of it in a his display cabinet along with some of his own 30k Thousand Sons is of no evidential value.

That picture was posted on Facebook yesterday (along with other shots) by a guy claiming to be the guy who won the miniature on eBay, accompanied by the statement: "I like the model a ton but it was a nightmare of mold lines in hard to manage places. Here are a few better pics after more cleaning:"

It certainly is a 30k mini, but a random guy buying a purported 30k Thousand Son mini off eBay and taking a photo of it in a his display cabinet along with some of his own 30k Thousand Sons is of no evidential value.

actually, athrewas from the BaC managed to snag him from ebay.

That picture was posted on Facebook yesterday (along with other shots) by a guy claiming to be the guy who won the miniature on eBay, accompanied by the statement: "I like the model a ton but it was a nightmare of mold lines in hard to manage places. Here are a few better pics after more cleaning:"

That same guy has a thread on this very front page :P

Archived