Yeah, I also like the idea that the winged bit has a certain EC look to it. However, I lack the tools and more importantly the skill to do that level of work to a banner.

Any idea how that biostrip 20 works on resin? I have gathered a few things from this side of the pond to try but always taking notes on what works best. Also interested in what is going to be reused in this army too.

Yeah, I also like the idea that the winged bit has a certain EC look to it. However, I lack the tools and more importantly the skill to do that level of work to a banner.

Any idea how that biostrip 20 works on resin? I have gathered a few things from this side of the pond to try but always taking notes on what works best. Also interested in what is going to be reused in this army too.

It seems to work fine on resin, I used it for an hour on some rhino doors and it didnt do them any damage whatsoever. I am planning on giving everything a second go to get rid of the last few bits of paint and the leftover primer:

med_gallery_74887_13813_222125.png

As you can see it seems to work very well :)

Echoing what others have said, that GS work on the banner is fantastic! The company champion is looking really cool too, the pose works really well. Looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks Vairocanum :), I have two Honour Guard that I am currently building in-between painting the last two tactical guys and then I will decide what gets painted next. I may do the Baal Predator.

Thanks again for the comments folks!

Nemac

Morning all,

I have finished the Baal Predator this morning, well, I have finished the tank and one set of weapons but the others will have to wait. Really enjoyed painting something a bit larger for a change. I have been so focused on marines lately. Here it is:

gallery_74887_13813_607949.png

And the other side:

gallery_74887_13813_91847.png

Pretty pleased with it. I'm still struggling to take photos of red models that show the full depth of colour but this is much closer then previous attempts :). I have also started work on my second company banner. It isn't an exact rendition of the actual banner but is close enough for me:

gallery_74887_13813_351163.png

I tried my hand at NMM for the metal areas on the cloth and am pretty happy with it for a first attempt. The photo doesn't show but I have added a further highlight to those areas to make it shine a little more. In other news I have also managed to salvage a unit of Terminators from a box of stuff that I painted a long time ago. Thick paint and still with bits of sprue attached to them. I will get pictures of those added in the near future.

Also, with regard to the Biostrip 20, Don't use it on small resin Forge World parts. I lost a BA shoulder pad to it. It ended up extremely flexible but only after the second hour long bath. It was fine after the first so maybe with those parts just use it once.

As always C&C very welcome!

Nemac

Excellent work on the Baal Predator.

Thanks Bjorn :)

The Baal is looking awesome bud. I feel your pain on the red. Out of curiosity what else do you have planned for this army?

Thanks Bio :), It's such a pain but I did manage to get the highlights on the last picture with just natural light so maybe that's the best way for it. So far for this army I have:

Captain - Painted

Terminator Captain - Not painted

Honour Guard Inc. Ancient, Champion, Priest  - Not painted

Terminators (5) - Not painted

Tactical Squad - Painted

Baal Predator - Painted

Assault Squad (5) - Not painted

Assault Squad (5) - Not painted

I also have plans for a second Tactical Squad, Razorback, two Rhinos, a Mephiston conversion, Dante and some Sanguinary Guard without the wings on their jump packs. After that and my remaining Night Lords are finished I believe I will take a stroll down a more sensational route :wink:.

Thanks again for the comments!

Nemac

Really nice take on that NMM, I haven't try the gold myself yet but this is inspiring ;)

And good job for the predator I really like this clean red. It make me think of the heavy metal painting style :) 

Thanks Malchy!

Eavy' Metal eh? That is a big compliment so thanks very much, pleased you like it :D. The NMM is a first attempt and I think it worked out better on the star at the top but something for me to work on in the future. I have also finished the banner:

gallery_74887_13813_63336.png

Let me know what you guys think!

Nemac

Thanks Sagentus :), I am working on the Ancient now so I hope to have him done by tomorrow ready for an update. I was going to do an Assault Squad after the Honour Guard but I think I will do my terminators next. Would be nice to take a break from standard power armour I think!

Great looking banner Nemac ! Those gemes are really nice in particular. For the heavy metal thing I maintain ^^. I found that your painting is really neat and clear. Your blood angels look like they are directly taken from the codex pages so yeah .. Heavy metal ;)

(You even make me give a try to the gold nmm myself with this banner of yours, happy now ?! :furious::turned:)

Did I just heard Slaanesh ? That would be one gooood looking heresy to see those crazy addict under your brush ! Hurry up !

Malchy

Slanesh are always an interesting choice, they have some great chars/models. Lucious the ethernal is one i would always like to build/convert

I think Lucius would be a must if I went that way but by the time I get around to it he will probably have a new mini :)

Great looking banner Nemac ! Those gemes are really nice in particular. For the heavy metal thing I maintain ^^. I found that your painting is really neat and clear. Your blood angels look like they are directly taken from the codex pages so yeah .. Heavy metal :wink:

(You even make me give a try to the gold nmm myself with this banner of yours, happy now ?! :furious::turned:)

Did I just heard Slaanesh ? That would be one gooood looking heresy to see those crazy addict under your brush ! Hurry up !

Malchy

Thanks mate, Slaanesh is a likely next step for me. I would like to try and do some different things rather then what I have been doing. Of course this won't happen until I have finished my Blood Angels.

Speaking of which, I have finished the Ancient and the Company Champion:

gallery_74887_13813_184896.png

gallery_74887_13813_476077.png

I have the Sanguinary Priest left for this unit and then need to build the two Honour Guard but I think I will do my Terminators next. They are all built and in the process of removing mould lines and such. Hopefully I will have an update on them at the weekend.

C&C always welcome, let me know what you think!

Nemac

Thanks guys :)

Very pleased with how they turned out. As for what's next, I'm working on a unit of five terminators at the moment but when I get home I'll post a picture of a spur of the moment idea I had after watching some videos on YouTube.

If you have Instagram then you have probably already seen it!

Nemac

Afternoon all!

So I am very excited to share this with you all, I feel he is without a doubt my best conversion work to date. Here is Mephiston, Lord of Death:

gallery_74887_13813_549328.png

I have a few more little bits to add to him, Blood Angel style decorations hanging from the strap around his legs and of course his cloak will be added when everything has cured. He is absolutely massive, I mean he stands as tall as a Primaris marine but that doesn't bother me over much. Painting wise, I will paint him in the classic red armour with black robes though I will likely give him white hair.

As always I would love to know what you all think!

Nemac

Archived