Aye, I'm waiting for payday and i'll have to order three units even though for my list I only need twelve. I want to convert a couple to look like they are in Terminator armour too. I think that will add some variety. The Dark Apostles armour is a mix of Khorne red and Chaos black in a 75/25 mix and highlighted with Khorne red :smile.:.

Sweet. And the silver is the standard silver of Leadbelcher + Nuln + Leadbelcher + Ironbreaker + Stormhost Silver?

Aye, I'm waiting for payday and i'll have to order three units even though for my list I only need twelve. I want to convert a couple to look like they are in Terminator armour too. I think that will add some variety. The Dark Apostles armour is a mix of Khorne red and Chaos black in a 75/25 mix and highlighted with Khorne red :smile.:.

Sweet. And the silver is the standard silver of Leadbelcher + Nuln + Leadbelcher + Ironbreaker + Stormhost Silver?

It's just Ironbreaker washed with Nuln Oil and highlighted with Vallejo Aluminium :).

That is a beautiful red. What is your paint recipe?

Thanks, The Dark Apostles armour is a mix of Khorne red and Chaos black in a 75/25 mix and highlighted with Khorne red :smile.:.

• 2 months later...

Morning all,

I have recently finished painting Abaddon and thought I would share him here. I love this model, and am excited to paint him again for myself:

gallery_74887_13423_281743.png

gallery_74887_13423_152293.png

gallery_74887_13423_215867.png

I decided to paint the the marine on the base as a Blood Angel because of the history between the two. I am also painting the Obliterators from Shadowspear and I will have some WIP pictures up later today.

As always C&C is very welcome :)

Nemac

Just caught up on the log and it’s been glorious! I love seeing the black armored world eaters. They were excellently made and the paint job knocks it out of the park! The loyalists are also eye catching. And Abaddon is just phenomenal.

Are you painting the upcoming shadowspear CSM as Black Legion as well?

Thanks guys :), very pleased you all like him.

@hushrong, I will be painting the box set as Black Legion and am also working on some updated Berzerkers too. I am not making many because I think at some point soon we will get a new plastic kit for them :D.

@Quixis, you should be able to leave the trophy rack off and just have a small square gap to fill. The back of the cloak sits above the rack though so you may have to change the angle on that part above the vents at the back. If you also leave the cloak off then it would be very simple.

The skin on the Obliterators is taking some time but I wanted to blend the flesh tones with the pinkish flesh rather then use the crimson wash method. I should have a picture up at some point soon once I’ve marked in some of the other details.

This Black Legion project is roughly 4000 points so should have a fair few updates on this one. Thanks again for all the comments :)

Nemac

I'm definitely looking forward to the next paint updates! Always happy to see more Black Legion goodness.

Also looking forward to seeing some updated berzerkers. It would be really cool to see what GW cooks up for berzerkers (and noise marines too) but home made kitbashes and conversion are the best.

Thanks guys :)

@Bjorn, it is indeed a Blood Angel on his base :tu:

@Midnight, I figured the Ultramarine added a little too much colour to the model. I had also considered painting the blade on Drach'nyen in an orange fire effect but decided to stick with blue for this one. Maybe next time :D.

@hushrong, I figured as this army is Black Legion anyway it wouldn't matter so much if the Berzerkers didn't look like the standard Khorne guys anyway. I've nearly finished the body on the first Obliterator so hopefully I'll get a picture sorted at some point this week :).

Thanks again folks, more coming soon!

Nemac

Archived