11 minutes ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

Sounds like an interesting project :smile: 

It's certainly shaping up to be. I don't like the aesthetic (or price) of the FW earthshaker carriage for this army; I had the tracks spare, and I can use the chimera chassis from the basilisk kit as a salamander. The real work is going to be using plasticard to create the undercarriage and support structure, I can imagine that could give me some trouble. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

Sounds like it'll be a cool conversion when it's done (I have images of railway cannon in my head for some reason :smile:) :thumbsup:

Thanks, it's coming along well enough, plenty of plasticard shavings on the desk now. I hadn't built it with the railway gun in mind but I can totally see that.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

Neat idea - but I would prop up the front some as it kind of slopes towards the front which doesn't seem ideal for a stable gun platform.

That's not as pronounced in person but it's also for an imperial militia list so it's not necessarily going to be fully up to standard

• 1 month later...

I have managed to get a bit of painting done on a Land Raider Phobos to cart around my cataphractii terminators: 

large.d4960c4c-60af-4926-b0e7-304536e126b4.jpg.94d8a1f13ef478c11e9b832102b6b609.jpg

I like the aesthetic of this tank and it goes really well with the Mars pattern rhino chassis vehicles I have for my Iron Hands, but it is an old kit and it shows during assembly. With the Proteus now in plastic I might get one of those for the Gorgons. 

• 2 months later...