Made some progress tonight. On one guy....

20170110 173359

20170110 173500

20170110 173545

But, that's one nearly done, and the heavy weapon squad is base coated and washed, so that won't take me too long to finish. The rest should be easy enough.

Keep up the great work guys, looks fantastic and is sure to supply some solid forces for the opening shot at the campaign.

@WarriorFish - better get crackin, I heard you were doing 3 baneblades and a Gorgon. >.>

Now if the barracks could give some advice, the tan get darkened up or leave it as it is?

Hey! You Eastern hemisphere guys need to allow for the fact that some of us sleep. :P

I was going to say, darken the tan because I prefer softer contrasts as I think that comes closer to what real life aircraft look like.

So for example, this...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-lG5S3-l9TjM/UatkCFXd09I/AAAAAAAAABE/-o13wfmT190/s1600/SkyTalon.jpg

and this...

de4e22874bbdf0f032e6185be752c357.jpg

Look more real to me, than this...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IrkNTqD9F4Q/VNUvF47hZUI/AAAAAAAAAww/7tCxn69Ym5o/s1600/Vulture%2BGunship.png

Not that anyone is better than the other, but the former looks less..."toy-like" to me.

Also, that doesn't mean that yours will look toy-like, I suspect with your painting abilities that it's going to turn out awesome (no pressure), but given how the rest of your Elysians look, I would consider a less saturated approach.

My two yen.

Comrades and Inquisitors, after many cups of recaff (ok, just one really big one) the commissariat has produced the first entrants list. As always it can be found in the official starting post for the Campaign! Please can you review the details and ensure they are correct.

@KasrkinRyu and @Honda both have their vows nominally marked as complete, but we'll need the regiment/Ordo and commander/Inquisitor background pieces to properly add them to the Campaign narrative - please provide these before the end of the Campaign! thumbsup.gif

Oh right.  My starting pics.  Almost forgot!

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii544/alaricgu/15175405_10154405463846263_378224265_n_zpseum92mua.jpg

First Infantry Platoon, Red Squad.  Still decidedly grey.

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii544/alaricgu/15935694_10154645905301263_1472148568_n_zpsbwirtvmg.jpg

And Heavy Weapons Squad "Firespear" with our regiment's intrepid commissar, fresh from the medicae.

I have since primed the commissar and got the base colors on the weapons teams.  Unless the commissar bogs me down (which is a real danger for a character model), I should be done on schedule!

looks great Mard! love any epic scale armies, always a delight. (wish I still had my BFG stuff so I could paint that up for the campaign)

It always amuses me that we camo flyers in 40K....or anything for that matter. But it does always look ascetically pleasing.

Red Squad?! Don't you know red shirts always die....oh wait, these are guardsmen. Carry on.

I was gonna wait until I finished the vow but I might as well put my fluff up now.

++ Regimental Description ++ 

The XLII Savlar Penal Regiment (AKA: Savlar Chem Dogs) have proven themselves time and time again, as such they have earned respect and a bit more freedom and leniency than your average penal legion. Unlike some penal legions, the prisoners have been allowed to be promoted to high ranking positions. They have also been turned into a small strikeforce, with only one company, under the command of Captain 'Slip' Saveryx. Most of the troops consider themselves loyal to The Emperor, they just have a few wires crossed in their heads in regards to aggression, sanity and the correct owner of certain equipment. Luckily there's a small number of Adeptus Arbites Arbitrators (read: counts-as Commissars) amongst the ranks to point that aggression and insanity in the right direction. Some of the more radical Inquisitors have requisitioned them into their service from time to time, seeing their particular skill set and 'out-of-the-box' thinking as a useful tool for certain covert operations.

++ Access Militarum Personnel Files++

++ Sub-Section: Penal Legions ++

++ File No. SAV213384238343X ++

Name: Josiah 'Slip' Saveryx
Aliases: The Mouth, The Granatius Grifter
Regiment: XLII Savlar Penal Regiment (AKA: Savlar Chem Dogs)
Known Criminal Offences: Theft, assault, multiple counts of fraud and running confidence tricks
Psychological Notes: Highly intelligent and deceptive. Compulsive liar. Inherent understanding of military tactics and strategy.
Additonal Notes: Evaded Arbites capture for more than 20 years. Fiercly loyal to known associates. Rumoured to carry a custom plasma pistol which was 'acquired' after a defensive led by Inquisitor Thedotus against an Ork invasion. Inquisitor Thedotus has since been declared M.I.A. Further inquiry recommended.

I Mactire, pledge the forces of the 3rd Platoon, 2nd Company of the 142 Midgardian Regiment to the cleansing or Ioria. A 5 man squad (Tempestus Scions w/hot shot volley gun) for 80pts will do their duty before the Emperor, they will not fail.

The planet Midgardia, in the Fenris system has long provided regiments to the forces of the Astra Militarium. They have always fought and died well and their fighting prowess is well regarded among the higher echelons of the Guard. Since the reign of Logan Grimnar, as Great Wolf of the Vlka Fenryka, it has been customary that one platoon of any new regiment raised will be formed from the Kaerls of the Fang. This is seen as both an honour and an adventure by the AettGuard and the platoon is quickly formed from volunteers. This platoon will serve with the Midgardian regiment for ten active terran years, after which time any surviving members will be returned to Fenris as veteran troops to help in the training of others.

The 3rd/2nd/142nd Midgardia have been on active duty for three and a half years when the orders for the regiment to deploy to Ioria came through. They have previously served in the purging of Secrelad iv from Xenos infestation and most recently the defence of Geuyaron Beta in the Hapesium World's, a joint Guard and Astartes action.

The 142nd Midgardian are an Infantry regiment often used for forward recon and objective holding, the Fenrisians of 3rd Platoon excel at scouting and hand to hand combat and are tasked to recce missions and information gathering. The platoon is under the direct supervision of a junior commissar, Thedren Voalt. This is common enough practice with the Fenrisian platoons, as the army high command are never comfortable with the perceived lack of dogmatic devotion to the Imperial Creed. The Fenrisians seem to hold more with the teachings of the SkyWarriors and their view of the AllFather, as a warrior rather than a god,and father to the WolfKing, Leman Russian.

The Commissar, Voalt is often torn between his pride, at the bravery and combat skills of the troops under his watch and his horror at their customs and disregard for religious dogma. However, any temptation to report or purge is tempered by the words of the Gothi or Rune Priest he encountered on Geuyaron Beta "treat well the men of Fenris, watchdog, for the sons of Russ remember a wrong done their own".

Pictures to follow, I plan on completing this squad, a command squad and commissar Voalt over the three months of the campaign. This is my first foray into the Guard so hopefully all goes well. I only collect Wolves so I tried to tye their fluff into something compatability. I also collect and paint far more than I game so weapon load outs won't be Codex compliant, again representing the apartness of the native Fenrisians. I will be using the Scions for my troops from the start collecting box and may need some points help for the Commissar. Hope the fluff is ok and hope I can be of help in cleansing Ioria of the heretics.

but we'll need the regiment/Ordo and commander/Inquisitor background pieces to properly add them to the Campaign narrative - please provide these before the end of the Campaign!

Hmm...I thought I had given that in my completed vow post. From a strictly RAW perspective, my entry represents an inquisitor from Ordo Xenos, but for the story, he is an Explorator Magos of the Adeptus Mechanicus, seeking xeno technology.

In a roundabout way, I was attempting to play him in character, which is a representative of the Adeptus Mechanicus, showing up and perhaps collaborating, but not for the obvious reasons because the AM usually have their own agenda going on.

Is that going to jack things up?

<yeah, I'm one of those guys>

but we'll need the regiment/Ordo and commander/Inquisitor background pieces to properly add them to the Campaign narrative - please provide these before the end of the Campaign!

Hmm...I thought I had given that in my completed vow post. From a strictly RAW perspective, my entry represents an inquisitor from Ordo Xenos, but for the story, he is an Explorator Magos of the Adeptus Mechanicus, seeking xeno technology.

In a roundabout way, I was attempting to play him in character, which is a representative of the Adeptus Mechanicus, showing up and perhaps collaborating, but not for the obvious reasons because the AM usually have their own agenda going on.

Is that going to jack things up?

<yeah, I'm one of those guys>

We need some background on what they're like, something like how the warband (or in this case, Explorators that act suspiciously like the Inquisition...) is compromised or likes to operate. Same sort of thing with the leader, bits on what they're like, how they like to work etc. We reference it when creating the narrative elements at the end of the Campaign so we can try and reflect the armies and characters you've created more accurately. Obviously we can't do it perfectly, but we'd want you to recognise your characters - if you need pointers check out the Lutum Campaign to see how it works. It doesn't need to be expansive or Shakespeare, you can bullet point it if you want for example :)

WarriorFish, Why do some of the points values on the entrants list on the first page have * next to them?

It denotes a vow from the bonus FOC, so if completed it'll be worth more for the calculation for the top spot thumbsup.gif

1/10 rough riders finished. Long road ahead.

Managed to get the pic into my "Heck's IG" gallery but can't figure out how to copy it into a post from there via an iPhone. Will edit it into here when I get home.

Provided youre in the desktop version on your phone. When you view the image in the gallery there should be an option there for share links.

The first one is the BB code just copy that and paste into your post

I, WarriorFish, hereby pledge the forces of the Ordo Hereticus under Inquisitor Lord [REDACTED] to the capture of Ioria in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of 1 Inquisitor at 85pts will do his duty no matter the cost.

After a very long time, I've finally got round to building that Inquisitor! Armed with a plasma pistol, power sword and clad in power armour he is well equipped - but chief of all is his psyocculum which enables him to better punish witches whose mere presence is an affront to the God-Emperor!

gallery_30308_10604_72554.jpg

The now traditional magnetising is in effect (though he only has one weapon currently), and there's a variety of kits in use. The right arm was repositioned at the shoulder but otherwise it's mostly stock smile.png

Ordo Hereticus - Task Force [ERROR::Insufficient clearance]

Hidden Content
The dread name of the Inquisitor Lord [REDACTED] is enough to instil terror in even the most ardent of heretic or traitor. His personal power is spoken of in whispers but this is naught compared to the authoritative power he wields. By his word alone entire regiments of Guard march, his personal Stormtrooper cohorts silently enact his will without question yet this still is not the extent of his reach. Counting several Adepta Sororita orders as close allies he can call upon even a Forge World and their bonded Knight World. Last but not least a Chapter of the Emperor's own Space Marines call him their ally and will respond to his calls with uncharacteristic regularity and speed.

Even the bureaucracy of the Imperium seems to bend to his will, his presence strangely erased to cover his tracks - though perhaps as much from necessity as anything else for such power comes at a price. His enemies are numerous and forever waiting for their chance to strike. Whether they be aliens who have suffered their plans ruined by his timely intervention, traitors who have endured humiliating defeats or even supposed peers in fear of his unchecked power all would take even the smallest of opportunities for vengeance. Despite this for centuries he has waged war on the enemies of mankind without pause, both covertly and overtly. To the Inquisitor Lord even a moment not spent in His service is an unforgivable waste... what defeats him in the end may well be his own body giving out. Whatever may be, he will not flinch from his duty no matter the cost - something both friend and foe can attest to.

Inquisitor Yuji

Hidden Content
Once a humble Guardsman from a primitive planet - its best export being the clan soldiers - he was plucked from his regiment to serve in a fledgling acolyte cell. His skills as a scout and marksman matched with his strong albeit simple faith made him an ideal warrior for the Inquisition's cause. Through many investigations and battles against myriad and sometimes terrible foes he emerged triumphant, constantly learning and developing himself. Learning to read and taking an interest in more he was soon marked out as an acolyte who could go somewhere and indeed so he proved.

Though his inquisitive mind (but not dangerously so...) made him an able investigator he only truly felt at home on the battlefield. Blasting xenos to smithereens with sanctified weapons, hacking traitors apart with skilled blade or ambushing heretics with merciless efficiency - these were the duties in which he excelled. So as Yuji become an Inquisitor in his own right did he take to the battlefield more readily where his experience and talents are best put in service to the God-Emperor.

Currently working for the infamous Inquisitor Lord [REDACTED], Yuji has found a comfortable home with the 144th Arukan. Overseeing the regiment as the Inquisitor Lord's representative has given him a sense of satisfaction and camaraderie he sometimes missed as an agent of the Throne. In turn the Arukani admire and respect their "Soldier Inquisitor" and more than a few stories are told of his timely arrival to unleash death and destruction on witches and their ilk. He is particularly proud of the beret he was gifted - marking him as an adopted Arukani - he feels it helps ground him and remember his origins.

There seems to be a problem with the software in that every time I type out [REDACTED]'s name it gets removed? I'll raise it with the admin must be an error with the word filter, I'll redo my background pieces once it's corrected thumbsup.gif

1/10 rough riders finished. Long road ahead.

Managed to get the pic into my "Heck's IG" gallery but can't figure out how to copy it into a post from there via an iPhone. Will edit it into here when I get home.

Provided youre in the desktop version on your phone. When you view the image in the gallery there should be an option there for share links.

The first one is the BB code just copy that and paste into your post

Thank you. That worked. Picture included above.

While I'm at it, here is his left side

gallery_69131_9372_719312.jpg

I agree that rough rider looks awesome! I have rummaged around and found some of my old models who shamefully I never painted (had them for many, many years...) but now is the time! I will sort out getting a vow done over the weekend and then put some paint on some much deserving venerable old models. I can help add the Inquisitional contingent of the campaign :)

Don't forget you can vow for both Guard and Inquisition during a phase thumbsup.gif The entrants list is up to date once more smile.png

Commissar Voalt

Though you've not got a commander piece yet, I'm assuming Voalt is your CO for your vow?

Please check the entrants list after an update to your progress to make sure nothing is missed :)

Cap, the rough rider looks great. I also really like your red sentinel.

Thank you. The red sentinels are kind of a "rescue project" of mine. My FLGS had 3 badly abused sentinels in a grab bag for $10 (total). 2 were missing their engines and none of them had pilots or guns. So I bought them home, stripped paint and rebuilt them from my bits box. 2-3 are done, the third is re-primed and awaiting fresh paint. When I start my army blog I will do a piece on my 11 sentinels. I love those things.

And thank you, Elmo, for fixing my picture link. For some reason that pick was giving me trouble. I couldn't copy the entire link no matter how I tried.

Archived