General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

Where have we put the general info for the day of revelation? I can't for the life of me remember who the Warbringers are against XD

Could it be worth creating a new thread devoted to the parts of the day of Revelation that aren't directly spoken about in book 1?

Love seeing that there is some tractionhere, I’d almost forgotten about the money I’d chipped in for this.

I’m pleased with this representation of Icarion.

@simison: is there a higher resolution of the pencil sketch? I only ask so that I can add it to my stock of character study artwork for icarion, sketches, and proper completed artworks.

Edited by Athrawes

Merry Christmas! :)

@Simi:

Perturabo (by far the BEST, just read it RIGHT NOW!) > Lorgar (it's more about Kor Phaeron and his time with Lorgar, but it was praised [and named to be one of Gav's best works]) > Magnus (mediocre, random world, random event, nothing that outstanding) > Guiliman (the weakest thus far)

I find Thorpe's prose turns me off automatically. There's a rather leaden quality to his exposition.

I started it and the world building is really good in this one.

Just layed it aside as I'm more interesting in reading Dark Imperium as for now. But I really enjoyed it thus far.

Alright:

How do all Primarchs disappear after / during the Scouring?

Will the Imperium keep its Xenos auxiliaries?

What major events do we habe besides the Genesis Legion and Sig's invasion thing?

Will we have a Badab, Black Crusades, Ecclisiarchy shism / Vandire scenario and other comparable events?

Will the BCs be of impact or will it follow the canon "Failbaddon" meme?

When will the Necrons awake?

When will the 'Nids arrive and by what event are they triggered to come over?

Will we have a Tau empire?

Will the return of the Primarchs be as impactful as in canon, ie CadiaS Fall?

Will we have a reasonable return of them? Or as well some Xenos shenanigans?

Will the Traitor Primarchs be as absent as in Canon?

How many Primarchs are in the end able to return? We got more casualties than Canon. Is it even?

Hec will do our Codex Astartes equivalent, right?

Will the Imperium treat it as holy and follow it as strict as in canon?

Ynnead Aeldari? Or a divided race?

Will the Beast / Beasts arise?

Will the Suzerainty become a sophisticated, more developed realm due to Nomus? Will he ever disappear at all? Or will he hide like Lorgar?

That's all for now. More might be incoming. ;)

1. The current plan is for Koschei and Morro to eventually be banished during the Scouring, but Azus is killed as well. 

2. Yes, the Emperor never gets a chance to revoke the Edict of Emancipation. But things are never as easy as it is under Alexandros' watch.

3 & 4. I want to have a major event happen every millennium. This will include Black Crusades, War of the False Primarch, Ecclessiarchial Schism, a war between the Imperium and the Suzerainty, the Necrons awaking, and so on. No Badab since that system gets eaten by the larger Maelstrom.

5. I believe GW has retcon the BC's to Abaddon achieving strategic objectives throughout the centuries, slowly accruing enough advantages for the final blow. I'd like to follow that template, though Blunt will have plenty of input since that seems to be one of his favored domains. I also want BCs to be led by other commanders besides Raiden.

6. I want it to be M37. Introduce them and establish them as a threat well before the Tyranids arrive.

7. Same time, though there's some debate over the trigger. I'm not sure if the Pharos retcon is necessary for their arrival. In fact, thinking on it, I'm not sure I like it. The bugs are attracted to psychic presences, and the Emperor/Astronomicon is huge. Do we need to use Pharos?

8. Yes, the Tau will be here.

9. I fully intend the Primarchs returning to be galaxy-changing events.

10. No resurrections intended at this point. It's hard to answer this one because we haven't decided how everyone disappears. At least one, maybe two, might require miracles. Others will reappear from the 'mists of time' upon receiving a call or in part of other forces. Xenos will be involved with some but not all. 

11. No, I want the Daemon Primarchs to be terrors of the Materium throughout the ages.

12. Let's see. Daemon Primarchs: Travier, Koschei, Raktra, Morro, and the False Primarch. Suzerain Primarchs: Kozja(?) and Nomus. Loyalist Primarchs: Hectarion, Pionus, Gwalchavad, Yucahu, and Niklaas. Confused: Andezo. So, mostly equal with a few tricks up my sleeves.

13. The writer of the Codex is up in the air, but I definitely want it to be either the Jade General or Nomus. 

14. The Imperium will resent it, but come to accept it after a few thousand years. Not sure if it'll ever become a holy book since none of the Suzerainty Primarchs are considered that holy as the Loyalist Primarchs.

15. Iyanna of Iyanden will work hard throughout the End Times to summon/create Ynnead. Unknown if she will succeed at this point. Regardless, the Aeldari remain divided as they are in canon.

16. Yes, though the timing will be different.

17. Nomus will eventually physically retire but will continue maintaining his neural network and keeping an eye on the Suzerainty. As such, the Suzerainty will remain a technological power, but they will gradually have their own problems develop over the millennia. 

[From Discord.]

Blind: What happens to the Heredes?

Answer: Given the ideas we were planning for Selene, one idea I had was that they would devote themselves to protecting her and gradually being subsumed into a military wing of the Ecclessiarchy. A lot of that will depend on Hectarion and Niklaas though.

Blind: So eventually the Heredes would be disbanded? Are we going to have an Age of Apostasy?

Answer: I'm not sure. I would like to keep the Heredes all the way to the 41st. But we do plan on having our own version of the Age of Apostasy.

Facts of our Age of Apostasy:

·         Ecclessiarch originally instills fervor against Heretic Astartes.

·         Loses control of zeal and begins targeting Loyalist Marines, starting with the Wardens of Light.

·         Gradually expands to Iron Bears and other Loyalists marines and the Mechanicum.

Blind: Where do you see the narrative of the Godslayers going?

Answer: With every Godslayer turned into a mindless zombie, that leaves just Koschei and Alexander.

Blind: Koschei goes full Demon Prince, doesn't he?

Answer: He does, and is miserable for it.

Blind: And what happens to Alexander?

Answer: Honestly, I see Alexander embracing his new status within Nurgle's/Chaos' domain. He'll start off once again trying to support/comfort his adopted brother, but he'll eventually come into his own man during this time. I see him being a much more proactive agent for Nurgle than Koschei.

Blind: Who are the Godslayers nemesis?

Answer: There are a couple of candidates - The Iron Bears, the Fire Keepers, whichever Suzerainty Legion has to fight against the Godslayers after their transformation.

Talon: Any Abyssii plans?

Answer: Well, we've discussed having Mortera show up in the End Times. Though my stipulations remain in effect.

Mikhal: What about the eldar gid of death ynnead? Will he show up similar as in 40k or do we change that? Which daemin primarch killed the most primarchs?

Answer:  In the End Times, Iyanna is gathering the necessary resources and allies that will theoretically create Ynnead. Daemon Morro has the most Primarch kills.

Thorn: any ideas for the interactions between the Suzerainty and the Imperium, post-Alexandros?

Answer: Thorn, it's going to be cyclical. So long as there's a strong external threat, the Imperium and Suzerainty will be eager to cooperate. But when things quiet down, the alliance tends to break down. Furthermore, the Suzerainty is always eager to claim territory lost by the Imperium, leading to their gradual expansion. This will culminate in a war sometime between M30 and M40. Neither will destroy the other, but it will weaken the alliance before the End Times.

Skal: (Wanted to ask if there was overt war between the two about one hour ago, but you were adressing another point)

Answer: I'm not sure how serious the war will be. If it'll be very active skirmishing or full-on campaigns.

Great input, thanks!

Where would you like to see the former / remaining Predators?

In other words, what would we need to clarify first for their future role?

Great input, thanks!

Where would you like to see the former / remaining Predators?

In other words, what would we need to clarify first for their future role?

I think you have a pretty solid foundation on what happens to the Predators in the short-term. What happens to the Predators down the road will depend greatly on what is the ultimate fate of Andezo, at least for the End Times.

Well,

He's caught in a stasis bomb with his first captain and adoptive brother Adewale, in a collapsed cave, within a mountain, on his homeworld, which underwent an Exterminatus.

Is he dead? Everone's assuming it, even his sons. Only Tzeentch and maybe the Emperor know the truth.

But the closer we come to the End Times, the more is the name of Andezo Sambedi heralded by cults across the galaxy.

If he returns, he'd be the perfect servant of Tzeentch: No Legion, no boundaries which could slow him down.

At the head of countless seperate cults of Tzeentch and haunted by the things he had done, does he want one thing: End mankind in hope of saving and redeeming himself.

He is no sorcerer like Magnus, nor is he a scheming lover like Alpharius. He lures his prey into ambushes and traps, even if it takes years. He is the death beyond side, the lurking blade at your throat. Try to run away. Try to hide wherever you want. He is already there. Just as planned.

His chosen would consist of the one tribe which dedicated itself to Tzeentch after the battle of Mardum.

I even got a daemon primarch version of him in mind, if needed. ;)

Eh, I would imagine the stasis field would, ironically, protect Andezo from the Exterminatus. I don't know, Andezo is a genuine wild card. He can go any number of different directions. Even Malal.

[The rest of Discord so far.]

Skal: Wait, the False Primarch under "Daemon Primarchs"?

Answer: That is correct, Skal.

Skal: Care to elaborate?

Answer:  Alright, then I'll give a brief recap. After Kozja's failed attempt to turn himself into the Uber-Primarch, the General restarts the research but with creating a new person instead of adding it to an existing Primarch. After 2,000 years of hard work, the Jade General successfully creates a new Primarch. However, unbeknowest to him, the New Primarch lacks a proper soul. Tzeentch, waiting for the opportunity to have a Primarch of his own, corrupts the New Primarch. This corruption is subtle and unnoticed until after the creation of the Genesis Legion. The War of the False Primarch starts when the New Primarch kills the Jade General and reveals his corruption. At the end of the war, the False Primarch escapes to Tzeentch's domain with a fraction of the Gensis Legion. (Note, Skal has a different version in mind. There will be discussion as we near the event in question.)

Talon: Are we still going to have Sebastian Thor?

Answer: Hm, maybe. I'd have to study his homeworld and his origins to see if he ends up in the same position.