General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

Let's give it a shot. If the list seems to be lacking, perhaps we can recycle it into an early Great Crusade period. 

Fact #1: The original Lightning Bearers were not drawn from any one region, but instead were selected for their genetic purity. They would eventually take their name in homage to the Thunder Warriors, seeing themselves as the natural successor to the unstable yet early pioneers of the Emperor's gene-enhanced warriors. 

Fact #2: Although inducted next, the Second Legion would never serve in the Unification Wars and was kept apart from the other Legions during development, leading to whispered rumors over their status. It would not be until 10 years into the Great Crusade would the II Legion deploy in open combat en masse.

Fact #3: Likewise, the Third Legion would run into troubles with its gene-seed that delayed its deployment until after several of its brother Legions made their way to the frontlines. Unlike the Second, the Third Legion would not miss the Unification Wars, bloodying itself in the Shakletian Desert. 

Edited by simison

The Berserkers of Uran are being taken to a 1,500pt Zone Mortalis narrative event in April! I'll take a squillion photos for you all.

Awesome to hear. Bring victory.

Indeed, go forth and conquer brother! Show them that we may be Lost, but we will never be Forgotten!

I have an announcement. Blind and I have agreed to open up an official writers exchange program between Brotherhood of the Lost and the War of Light. The current idea is that WoL members will contribute towards the Monthly Fluff Challenge and potentially other pieces, and we will do likewise in return.

The program is voluntary, and we'll hopefully have more details ready soon enough. 

Hmmm… so at first I was inclined to just say really far, because of their supernatural/superhuman nature; but! I remembered I'm a literal physicist and I would be doing a disservice to my entire field if I didn't slap some science! on this.

Unfortunately, we only have a couple of Primarch upper limits of strength being shown, with Angron lifting a Warhound, and Vulkan moving a Baneblade out of his way. A Warhound weighing 412 tonnes and a Baneblade coming in at 319 tonnes.

Now if it was the same muscle groups as throwing being used and we had a tonne more data, we could simply look at mass moved over distance and velocity and go from there. But we don't, so I used a relative formula, I as a very large, strong human being can push 3 tonnes as Vulkan did and I can throw a seven kilo shotput about 20 meters so simple 20x106=2120 as a rough relative. But having that extra Primarch stuff I'd say 4-5 kilometres for something under 20 pounds. Sorry I can't be more accurate.

Happy Valentine's Day! 

Have some research. 

Individuals with the 'Marked by Dark Fates' rule

Abaddon 

Khârn

Erebus

Endryd Haar (Loyalist WE)

Ahriman

I am surprised Typhus/Calas doesn't have it since it seems to be used for the Chaos arch-champions. Even more surprised to see a Loyalist Agent of the Emperor have it as well.

So, that's 5 individuals over 7 books, and primarily favors the Traitors. 

Now to move from the theoretical to the practical. 

While I know that we are trying to hide our Arch-Champions, I think it's going to look really weird if we don't have any Traitor heroes with this rule. So, I think we should use it, but how often we should use it? Because any character that does get it, we are committing them out-lasting the Insurrection, if not outright lasting until the End Times. 

So, we either use it sparingly and outright give it to a couple of Arch-Champion candidates with one or two of them being fake. They might last 6,000 years instead of 10,000 years. 

Alternatively, we use it liberally, with the 'fakes' outnumbering the actual winners by a large degree. This, of course, means we are committing a lot of villains to surviving the Insurrection, and it might have the meta blowback of us coming off as special snowflakes.

I don't see an easy answer for this one. What do people think?

I thought our champions were fairly well-known by now, or is that just inter-BotL knowledge?

Well, I'd need a refreshment on who our champions are again?

Generally the three god Legions plus one for Tzeentch?

As the bulk of the remaining Preds become Malal's servants, would they have one as well?