General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

Yeah the texture should be more the mountain texture of chinese/korean armors. And the mantle and scarf are missing.

I originally wrote he did well, but the longer I look on the pic....he just copypasted slaines pic and added the lower half from inkary. It is kinda boring, I do not see Nicolas artstyle here

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

That ( the scarf is a mist. The mantle could be left out. ) and to make it less boring. It should resemble his unique artstyle.and not a kitbash of others. If you put this one next to the other preview sketches it doesn't fit in any way.

I sent Nicolas an e-mail with your criticisms.

Found this rather comprehensive list of observed strategic tendencies for the canon legions thought I’d share.

Dark Angels: Combined arms and multi-spectra warfare, Exterminatus and purgation campaigns, extended independent void operations.

Emperor’s Children: Combined arms warfare, the use of complex manoeuvre and discursive tactical planning, asymmetrical assault.

Iron Warriors: Siege warfare, coordinated mass-theatre warfare, armoured assault, planetary decimation, attrition, retribution and counterinsurgency campaigns.

White Scars: Shock assault, high mobility warfare, harrowing actions and extended unsupported operations within hostile domains.

Space Wolves: Shock assault, search and destroy, pursuit operations, punitive and excoriation campaigns.

Imperial Fists: Ship-borne assaults and boarding actions, defensive and fortification operations in extremis, stronghold assaults, the conquest and forced compliance of void-fairing civilisations.

Night Lords: Punitive actions, decimation, enforced pacification, terror assaults, psychological warfare.

Blood Angels: High intensity warfare, strategic decapitation strikes, planetary interdiction campaigns, multi-vector and sub-orbital attack.

Iron Hands: Armoured and high intensity warfare, line breaker attacks, planetary pacification and suppression campaigns, anti-materiel operations.

World Eaters: Shock assault, planet-killer and Exterminates operations, close-quarters actions (space hulk purgation, boarding operations, line breaker attacks, ‘forlorn hope’ objective assaults).

Ultramarines: Mass assault, targeted decimation, planetary interdiction, liberation and limited theatre compliance campaigns.

Death Guard: Heavy infantry assault, attritional warfare, hazard/death zone warfare, xenos eradication and purgation operations.

Thousand Sons: Psychic warfare, precision assaults, misdirection, lore culling, macro-coordination multi-theatre campaigns.

Word Bearers: Mass assault, policing actions, gnoetic purgation, suppression of ideological revolt.

Sons of Horus: Shock assault, harrowing actions and strategic decapitation strikes.

Salamanders: High intensity or asymmetric warfare, zone mortalis engagements, planetary interdiction, liberation and defensive operations.

Raven Guard: Rapid deployment operations, strategic interdiction operations, reconnaissance in force, guerrilla actions, low-collateral damage imperative compliance operations.

Alpha Legion: Surprise assault, sabotage, infiltration, insurgency and counter-insurgency warfare, multi-vector attack, interplanetary pursuit and decimation campaigns, and deep-range raiding operations.