I really don't like that english has so much idioms used and they aren't self-explanatory at all often. Had to check what sticks in the craw means :)

It still is arguing over written fiction no matter how seemingly irritational one's claims are.

I'd rather talk about upcoming book as the title even says.

---

Sanguinius actually being Flying Monstrous Creature instead of just having Jump Pack would open lots of possibilities indeed.

Returning to the discussion - I really hope Sanguinius has flight and special skills tied to it. In fact, if he could fight Monsters Creatures or engage in CC with any type of flier...that would be damn COOL.

Ran

I'd hope that he has a similar rule to the tau commander and gets to move like a FMC without being one.

I doubt he will be any better than FMC in terms of movement though.

To be honest, it's hard to know what to expect from sanguinius, because so little is really known about him.

We know that he is meant to be skilled in a fight, and that he holds off a fully Armoured kurze whilst in at most a ceremonial breast plate despite kurze claiming to be the most skilled of all the Primarchs...

We also know he beats ka'bandha and a keeper of secrets in combat in short order (after losing horribly the first time). But we have also seen a few other primarchs beat greater daemons now so that has less import than it once did.

His biggest quality is his humility and him genuinely believing in the emperors vision - sharing it... but that doesn't translate to rules.

I'd guess at him being up there in terms of prowess but no russ.

I could also see him being one of the only other primarchs to have only 5 wounds.

One of the coolest ideas that came from the Fantasy Flight Deathwatch splatbooks were the concept of Hope as a Blood Angel Trait. That Sanguinius always believed in the Emperor's cause and of mankind's potential.

"The Blood Angels, like their Primarch, believe absolutely in the promise of a better future for Mankind, citing their transformation from wretched wasteland dwellers to beings of
angelic mien as an example of this. Blood Angels Space Marines strive to protect that hope, even if it takes the final breath of the very last Son of Sanguinius to bring about that future."

Maybe better Leadership values for his allies? Maybe benefits for Imperial Militia? In the FFG rules it gave you better resistances against fear and pinning, which would very much tie the Night Lords and the Blood Angels as polar opposites. In fact, this was brought on the Pharos book, that Sanguinius and Curze fough each other, Sanguinius realized how much he could become like Curze. And if the Blood Angels are the flight masters bringers of hope and supporters of Mankind potential, the Night Lords are the judgment brought from heavens, where death is the only solution for mankinds folly. 

As much as I love close combat, I sincerely hope we get to see more of this side of the Blood Angels.

Ran

I'm guessing Sanguinius will be Angron minus the nails. Plus wings. And with some more in depth army bonuses.

I've mentioned it in a thread in the past but I'd like to see a rule to represent his intense bond with his sons. Big leadership hit to the army if he's killed (or just Black Rage) and a pretty harsh psychic attack agaist Sanguinius if the army is reduced to 30%. Something like that.

I would love for Sanguinius to be able to attack flyers in melee. Just the image of the Angel flying around and smiting the heathens who would hurt his sons with his sword is far too awesome.

I would also like him to have some kind of limit break ability where if he is wounded enough he gets even more powerful. This would again provide a nice contrast with Angron, the other Red Angel, where he gets more powerful the more he kills, as fits his rage and thirst for blood, and Sanguinius gets more powerful the more he has sacrificed, as fits his determination and self-sacrificing nature.

Edit: Fixed some typos.

Edited by Brother-Captain Gilead

I vaguely remember a seminar at a FW open day where Alan Bligh stated that all the Primarchs had basic outline rules and Sanguinius was a FMC.

This was a few years ago though I think when Massacre came out.

Cheers

Vogon

I vaguely remember a seminar at a FW open day where Alan Bligh stated that all the Primarchs had basic outline rules and Sanguinius was a FMC.

This was a few years ago though I think when Massacre came out.

Cheers

Vogon

Was there during that seminar, although it was a couple of years ago so is somewhat hazy. They definitely did the majority of all the Primarchs rules up-front, so no doubt they already know what the Lion and Sanguinius will look like. Can't honestly remember if they said Sanguinius was a FMC or not, it was a while ago.

I'm guessing Sanguinius will be Angron minus the nails. Plus wings. And with some more in depth army bonuses.

I've mentioned it in a thread in the past but I'd like to see a rule to represent his intense bond with his sons. Big leadership hit to the army if he's killed (or just Black Rage) and a pretty harsh psychic attack agaist Sanguinius if the army is reduced to 30%. Something like that.

It will be interesting to see if they decide to add some rules replicating the depths of his rage, further emphasising similarities, or whether he'll just end up being Fulgrim with wings

Edited by Slipstreams

I would love for Sanguinius to be able to attack flyers in melee. Just the image of the Angel flying around and smiting the heathens who would hurt his sons with his sword is far too awesome.

I would also like him to have some kind of limit break ability where if he is wounded enough he gets even more powerful. This would again provide a nice contrast with Angron, the other Red Angel, where he gets more powerful the more he kills, as fits his rage and thirst for blood, and Sanguinius gets more powerful the more he has sacrificed, as fits his determination and self-sacrificing nature.

Edit: Fixed some typos.

Hmm so a rule like Lemartes has? Lose a wound and gain x (Lemartes gains attacks and strength iirc). You know what, that'd be very cool because it also adds a different dynamic to using him... you'd WANT him to get hurt so he gets more powerful but equally if they keep him on the lower end of the wounds spectrum (which seems likely IMO) you have to be very careful.

I agree that he really needs rules to show the bond between him and his sons, which should be both a positive and a negative. I could see him granting buffs to Ld and maybe something else whilst causing a big hit to Ld if he dies... if he dies he should potentially make the BA player lose control of their army a bit like 3rd ed BA perhaps (must move towards/charge enemies if able if they fail a Ld test)

I'd be surprised if he was an FMC as he'd not be able to take a bodyguard then which would be especially harsh if he does end up being somewhat more fragile than many primarchs.

Edited by Blindhamster

Posted · Hidden by Slips, February 15, 2017 - No reason given
Hidden by Slips, February 15, 2017 - No reason given

I'm guessing Sanguinius will be Angron minus the nails. Plus wings.

I hope FW does a better job at capturing Sang than BL

I felt that in Pharos, Sang comes across as rather emotional and weak...and gets upstaged by Curze.

In close combat, I'm hoping for some impressive rules

Maybe some sort of "Repressed Rage" rule reflecting Sang's brutal butchering of the mutant cannibals who had been threatening his tribe

We know that he is meant to be skilled in a fight, and that he holds off a fully Armoured kurze whilst in at most a ceremonial breast plate despite kurze claiming to be the most skilled of all the Primarchs...

Hopefully FW will go all out with Sang

If Primarch power armour boosts strength and speed the way Astartes power armour does...what Sang manages against Curze is pretty impressive

The Lion should be no weaker than Russ in CC IMO

I was referring to your hilarious posts on Praetorian of Dorn, although you misunderstanding the question would certainly explain your 'argument'

Have an axe to grind don't you?

Dorn vs. Alpharius has zero to do with WS vs. EC/DG/SoH/IW - the 4 year counter-offensive you're bizarrely tripping over yourself to minimise. You're bringing it up here...why?

But pray do tell what was hilarious about my opinion regarding PoD. I didn't agree with you on whether a single word from Archamus' POV meant Dorn was 100% doomed.

Please get over it and stop mischaracterising my arguments. I did not say the WS are the best swordsmen. I did not say Archamus' help was meaningless. Try harder.

Anyway as others have said this is off topic, try not to bring me into posts thanks, later

You've brought yourself here and you may leave if you wish. I just hope for your sake that you haven't comically resorted to sock puppets.

...but after your bitter, pointless PM to me ("Sorry, have fun believing White Scars are the best swordsmen"), frankly I wouldn't be surprised.

It's not really arguing that the Scars are better than another Legion, it's just that the suggestion that they achieved nothing significant in four years of fighting that ground them down to half their previous size rather sticks in the craw.

However yeah, back to the Angels.

It's a strange position...likely based on a perceived slight to the competency of the four legions whose advance the WS are desperately delaying

It has been a while since I have seen "My legion is better than your legion!" fights. These are somewhat hilarious but tend to feel boring after a while.

You both do notice that you are arguing over written fiction?

Sorry but...where does anyone insist on "my legion is better than yours" in this thread?

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Slips, February 15, 2017 - No reason given

You've brought yourself here and you may leave if you wish. ?

No, you're the one namedropping me into threads when White Scars are brought up. Learn to cope with the fact that others do not always share your 'opinions,' you have been rebutted elsewhere on many of the aforementioned topics. Once more, if you could kindly attempt to post without dragging me into it I would be eternally grateful, thanks...

edit: Please note that what I expect is, as usual, b1soul to trawl through thread after thread taking quotes out of context in order to write up a wall of text as part of his childish drive to have the last word

Edited by Marshal Loss
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Slips, February 15, 2017 - No reason given

No, you're the one namedropping me into threads when White Scars are brought up.

You just can't help yourself can you?

Unfortunately for you, I can mention your name however I like...just like you can send me bitter PMs and then delete them

Learn to cope with the fact that others do not always share your 'opinions,'

Quotation marks around "opinions"...what could you be implying my dear fellow?

Btw, I'm coping fine...ppl can disagree and debate their differing views, don't have a problem with that.

you have been rebutted elsewhere.

Actually, multiple posters right here in this thread disagree with your position

I've been countered by you and one other account whose argument sounds exactly like yours (claiming the WS only engage in inconsequential "raids" over a 4 year span), who only has 20 posts.

When I bring up that I feel like I'm talking to "Marshal Loss", you come out of nowhere and proclaim that you're not involved, when I didn't even say you were involved.

This is all a bit odd, to say the least.

Once more, if you could kindly attempt to post without dragging me into it I would be eternally grateful, thanks

No one is dragging you into anything

You do not have a monopoly over the use of your name. People can "name-drop" if they wish. I would kindly ask that you please grow up.

Edited by b1soul
Posted · Hidden by Slips, February 15, 2017 - No reason given

as part of his childish drive to have the last word

Prophetic.

On this topic, I've been countered by you and one other account who sounds exactly like you (emphasising how the WS only engage in inconsequential "raids"), who only has 20 posts.

When I bring up that I feel like I'm talking to "Marshal Loss", you come out of nowhere and proclaim that you're not involved, when I didn't even say you were involved.

This is all a bit odd, to say the least.

As much as I'm sure you'd love that to be the case, I'm afraid that account is not me. Trust me when I say that avoiding interactions with you is at the top of my online to do-list, your posting portfolio is impressive in ways I struggle to describe.

I have to admit, in all my years I've never encountered anybody quite as dense as you. I'll leave you to it. Name drop me as much as you like if you're this obsessed! I'll let you post again and have the last word if you need it, later

Is this the right thread for Sanguinius speculation?
As far as I'm aware, in previous fluff Sanguinius got beaten badly by Kha'Bhanda on Signus Prime but then got his revenge on Terra. Whereas now he beats the ever loving machismo out of Kha'Bhanda and a Keeper of Secrets almost simultaneously, leading to one of my favourite quotes "If you truly do hail from the realm that men once called hell, when you return there, tell your kindred it was Sanguinius who threw you back."

So if he is shown to be capable of killing two greater daemons almost at the same time and with Kha'Bhanda being banished, having him beat Kha'Bhanda on Terra won't really have much of an impact. However the plot-line from Lorgar and Angrons adventures show that Lorgar wanted Angron to ascend specifically because he thought that was the only real hope of matching Sanguinius at the time and previous fluff states that "Sanguinius defied Angron on the battlements".

So my theory is that instead of Sanguinius pile-driving Kha'Bhanda on Terra, he will banish Angron. Thus setting the stage for the epic show-down with Horus (Post-Molech) where he manages to put the chink in his armour before being slain. 

Really, if Sanguinius does just kill Kha'Bhanda as his main feat of strength in the Heresy, that was worth a lot more ten years ago when killing a Greater Daemon was a huge deal, now most Primarchs seem to have either done that or taken down an Avatar of Khaine. So fingers crossed he instead banishes Daemon Angron.

Is anyone with me on this or am I taking crazy pills? Am still delirious from delight about Russ' rules!

I'd quite like it to go that way too, but with the proviso that sanguinius is horribly beaten and battered by the ordeal, then it makes him going to fight horus more tragic because even readers that don't know the story will know he's going to his doom and can't win. But he does it anyway.

I'd then have the actual showdown with horus be exposition and talk, but the actual fight last no real time at all with horus casting him down contemptuously.

Which Primarchs have taken on Greater Daemons? A Keeper of Secrets gave Jaghatai a seriously hard time, but I can't think of any others

Lorgar beat An'ggrath. Who is meant to be the most powerful of all the Blood thirsters

Khan beats a keeper of secrets.

Horus will have beaten a few during his long stint in the warp.

Sanguinius beats kh'bandha and a keeper of secrets at the same time.

Fulgrim beats an avatar of khain

Not sure on others.