Ka'bandha's referred to as the greatest bloodthirster in multiple sources too though. It's kind of a mess. Along with Angron and Doombreed and (formerly, kind of) Skarbrand, the position of Khorne's greatest servant is a contested one and possibly deliberately written as such.

EDIT: Sorry, I mean to say Ka'Bandha's never received rules in 40k, even if he was depicted as a slightly upgraded regular Bloodthirster in the WHFB End Times. The point is it's all tricksy. What are the odds FW gives us rules for him in Angelus?

Edited by Sandlemad

Wait...so Lorgar beat An'ggrath like a hardcore high priest of Chaos...and then he displayed his vacillating weakness against Corax on Istvaan?

One thing is killing a monster of myth, another is killing someone that has always been your brother.

Ran

As I recall...

On Istvaan as he was witnessing the carnage, Lorgar felt misgivings about mercilessly slaughtering the IH, RG, and Sallies

He then saw Corax butchering his WB, including his precious 1st gen Gal Vorbak

Lorgar then tried his best to kill Corax...but was soundly defeated. He then screamed at Corax to finish him.

I dunno...I felt like it would make more sense to reverse the order of the An'ggrath and Corax encounters.

I.e. On Istvaan, Lorgar is not 100% committed to Chaos...he still has a tiny bit of doubt.

After Istvaan, Lorgar, his hands awash in blood, makes a Chaos pilgrimage, beats An'ggrath and crushes his misgivings, and fully accepts his role as herald of Chaos.

Wasn't there something mentioned about DAs getting some sort of oath of moment that they have to complete over the battle?

I feel like that should replace the whole Covenant of Death rule that we have, which is dragging us down. I'd also like to see a flat 3+ to hit if your model has a sword weapon of any kind as long as it's modeled. It's way too circumstantial right now and we lose it when certain units *coughSWcoughcough* trigger different abilities. It wouldn't be terribly overpowered considering how the BAs and NLs get their to wound bonuses.

I'm somewhat confident that FW will realize the DA legion rules are probably the most mediocre out of all the legion rules right now, and will hopefully give them a serious buff which they deserve. Wouldn't be the first time that happened, SoH, EC, NL and maybe some other legions I'm forgetting all got fairly substantial legion rule buffs during the last update. 

I'm somewhat confident that FW will realize the DA legion rules are probably the most mediocre out of all the legion rules right now, and will hopefully give them a serious buff which they deserve. Wouldn't be the first time that happened, SoH, EC, NL and maybe some other legions I'm forgetting all got fairly substantial legion rule buffs during the last update.

Some legions just get more love than others...

You'd think the DA would be pretty popular

FW already hinted that some things may be different in the full version of the Angels' rules.

I also expect a top-down re-assessment of at least the unique Legion choices once the White Scars get rules too, because at that point all the Legions will have their full ruleset and a reprint of the AoD Legions is inevitable.

Don't worry we will get our laugh.

You know how Russ pretty much beats out all other Primarchs except for Magnus will all the buffs?

Lion El'Johnson will get a rule "Ignore Russ' BS" and you get a single HoW hit that if it wounds, Russ is just taken out of the game since he needs a little wolf nap. You can then win the game as the DA player and move your army to a different table before Russ' player can pack him up ;) :P

You know how Russ pretty much beats out all other Primarchs except for Magnus will all the buffs?

Power creep or fan-service/favouritism?

Probably both eh

Lady Atia mentioned that Bligh commented that Inferno shows Russ at the height of his powers. He was never the same after his dual with Magnus.

I hope lion and sang just get a rule that ignores all to hit modifiers or they always hit in 3s so we can have a laugh at sw and Ts.

Lesst that's what I'm praying for

Honestly, I'm expecting Russ to still beat Johnson in a 1v1, but Johnson SHOULD be an insane army buffer (4+ sieze, take legion-specific units as troops, grant a unit a special rule, goodies like that).

If Johnson does both I'm calling BS. Russ does very little for his army in the way of buffing.

I'm thinking the Lion will be on a level with Russ in terms of statline. That's mainly due to favouritism though. That whole "The Wolf and the Lion" story puts them on level footing for me. Note: I really don't want this thread to devolve into Russ v the Lion. Everyone's got an opinion, this is mine. I understand and am completely happy that people will disagree.

I'm not sure Johnson will get all the insane army buffs we all think he will. He is such a secretive and divisive character that it could go either way really. Maybe he will be a great buffer but be restrictive too? Maybe giving unit special rules but losing implaccable advance on veterens, to show that distrust of non-calibanites.

I'm thinking the Lion will be on a level with Russ in terms of statline. That's mainly due to favouritism though. That whole "The Wolf and the Lion" story puts them on level footing for me. Note: I really don't want this thread to devolve into Russ v the Lion. Everyone's got an opinion, this is mine. I understand and am completely happy that people will disagree.

I'm not sure Johnson will get all the insane army buffs we all think he will. He is such a secretive and divisive character that it could go either way really. Maybe he will be a great buffer but be restrictive too? Maybe giving unit special rules but losing implaccable advance on veterens, to show that distrust of non-calibanites.

Well the dual was a good test of skill, but wasn't a true fight to the death like what is represented when we mathammer two primarch's rules together. Certainly not like Johnson vs Curze or Russ vs Magnus.

I don't personally think any primarch dual can be pointed to and say "it will always happen that way, x will always beat y".

But being a Wolves fan, I would much prefer that Russ have a slight advantage, but I totally get your frame of reference. I've got a DA buddy who I argue with on a regular basis :biggrin.:

Lion El'Johnson will get a rule "Ignore Russ' BS" and you get a single HoW hit that if it wounds, Russ is just taken out of the game since he needs a little wolf nap. You can then win the game as the DA player and move your army to a different table before Russ' player can pack him up :wink::tongue.:

Does Russ beat Horus? I thought if Horus got a good hit in at the start with the Talon, it debuffed Russ enough that Horus eventually wins the duel?

Let's say over the course of 10 Primarch fights, do we know what the split would be?

I'd be so happy if Russ could 100% take down Horus but I thought the Talons debuff was really strong?

Lion El'Johnson will get a rule "Ignore Russ' BS" and you get a single HoW hit that if it wounds, Russ is just taken out of the game since he needs a little wolf nap. You can then win the game as the DA player and move your army to a different table before Russ' player can pack him up :wink::tongue.:

Does Russ beat Horus? I thought if Horus got a good hit in at the start with the Talon, it debuffed Russ enough that Horus eventually wins the duel?

Let's say over the course of 10 Primarch fights, do we know what the split would be?

I'd be so happy if Russ could 100% take down Horus but I thought the Talons debuff was really strong?

They sort of edged out evenly that way, it honestly came down to whomever rolled better. Miniwargaming did a batrep between the two where Horus just....just barely beat him. Another, smaller YT channel did all the Primarchs with models in a melee against Russ and he survived 2.5-3 turns versus all of them...which is kinda bogus. Perhaps it was good rolling, but still.

Unless Magnus can cause a D hit to go unsaved by Russ (ID despite EW), then he will need all of the super biomancy buffs just to compete with him.

Edit: Stupid autocorrect is a peasant. I typed melée and it switched it to Merle. Like Merle Dixon. I'm convinced autocorrect was written by a hill person.

Edited by depthcharge12

They sort of edged out evenly that way, it honestly came down to whomever rolled better. Miniwargaming did a batrep between the two where Horus just....just barely beat him. Another, smaller YT channel did all the Primarchs with models in a melee against Russ and he survived 2.5-3 turns versus all of them...which is kinda bogus. Perhaps it was good rolling, but still.

Unless Magnus can cause a D hit to go unsaved by Russ (ID despite EW), then he will need all of the super biomancy buffs just to compete with him.

Edit: Stupid autocorrect is a peasant. I typed melée and it switched it to Merle. Like Merle Dixon. I'm convinced autocorrect was written by a hill person.

If autocorrect is a peasant, that explains all the spelling errors I get :tongue.:

Well the dual was a good test of skill, but wasn't a true fight to the death

Right...so at the end of the day, we have no basis to say who's "better" in a duel to the death.

That's what I said, yes. Until we see Johnson's rules it's all opinion and bias.

Edited by Runefyre