I think "emo" is a fitting description

I'm hoping for an early 2018 release

No to the first part.

Yeah I'd guess at a weekender release next year.

Sanguinius has pretty good reason to not look happy in recent art.

In echos of imperium and imperium secundus he has been shown to have a frown. The reason for this is that the concept of a second imperium has never sat well with him (this has been made very clear in the novels). He doesn't want to do it, but has no way to get to Terra currently and wants to ensure some amount of unity. He also has reason to look sad (even though he's not been shown as sad in the art) due to the plight of his sons via the red Thirst, which has been shown to be getting worse even during the heresy, and he perceives it to be due to the same flaw in him. His closeness to his sons likely makes that blow harder.

He has however been shown to be smiling in other art.

What I'd love to actually see is some elite terminator unit of the Blood Angels. The Sanguinary Guard I feel is a bit boring but considering how iconic they are, I cant say that I believe it likely for them to be left out.

Remember that the modern Sanguinary guard modelled their arms and armour after Azkellon, the first of their order.

This doesnt mean that all San Guard were the same in 30k, and we may see Terminator Versions.

Personally, i think BA should have the option to equip veteran units with jump packs. That would be ace.

Aye to all of this.

While I doubt we'll get SG TDA, we'll see the Jump ones with much improved rules over 40k I imagine. I'd say on par with UM Suzerains.

I've been pushing for Veteran Assault squads for a while now too, basically the same options as a normal vet squad except lose bolters and get a different set of veteran tactics to choose from. More access to fists and cheaper special pistol options (Hand Flamer/ Inferno) than the standard LA:BA rules allow for.

What I'd love to actually see is some elite terminator unit of the Blood Angels. The Sanguinary Guard I feel is a bit boring but considering how iconic they are, I cant say that I believe it likely for them to be left out.

Remember that the modern Sanguinary guard modelled their arms and armour after Azkellon, the first of their order.

This doesnt mean that all San Guard were the same in 30k, and we may see Terminator Versions.

Personally, i think BA should have the option to equip veteran units with jump packs. That would be ace.

Aye to all of this.

While I doubt we'll get SG TDA, we'll see the Jump ones with much improved rules over 40k I imagine. I'd say on par with UM Suzerains.

I've been pushing for Veteran Assault squads for a while now too, basically the same options as a normal vet squad except lose bolters and get a different set of veteran tactics to choose from. More access to fists and cheaper special pistol options (Hand Flamer/ Inferno) than the standard LA:BA rules allow for.

I kinda want to see jump packs added to the standard Veterans, i want jump pack equipped bolter firing madness or jump pack equipped tactical squads jumping around fury of the legioning-ing. or a unit with jump packs and angalus bolters with maybe fury of the legion.... ok i want all the cool toys

Anybody else remember the good old days of 3rd edition when the only veterans available to the Codex marines were Sternguard (although not by that name) and only the Blood Angels had veterans with assault weaponry and jump packs? I could see us returning to that with Angelus.

Sanguinius is really far down the list of emo Primarchs. I can easily name a dozen more emo.

Heck even Russ was emo for a time after Prospero.

I've never considered Sanguinius to be emo, just resigned to his fate. Besides, what other primarch artwork shows different primarchs being happy? Like, nobody ever smiles on BL artwork.

It's also important to note that Sanguinius got betrayed pretty hard. It's said several times that no two Primarchs were closer than Horus and Sanguinius, and not only was Sanguinius sent to Signus to die, but Horus used his gene flaw knowledge to do it. Most Primarchs got betrayed by a brother at some point, but Sanguinius has a pretty dark secret (that could have doomed his entire legion if made public) that was used by his closest brother to try to wipe out his entire legion. Only other Primarch that had a betrayal that deep was Ferrus, and he led almost his entire legion into a death trap to repay it. Sanguinius has earned the right to be a little mopey. I just hope he gets over it by the time he gets to Terra. I don't want a pouting Angel wandering the Palace, I want Angel of righteous fury painting the walls with traitors

Don't rule out the end of the year just yet. Bearing in mind the Legions included already have rules so the playtesting has been completed (although I don't think anyone would begrudge the Dark Angels getting a little tune up) and there won't really be a significant step away from the Daemons dex given that daemons are daemons whatever the game system.

I suppose we'll know come the FW Open Day in July whether it's been done or not and hitting the printers

Don't rule out the end of the year just yet. Bearing in mind the Legions included already have rules so the playtesting has been completed (although I don't think anyone would begrudge the Dark Angels getting a little tune up) and there won't really be a significant step away from the Daemons dex given that daemons are daemons whatever the game system.

I suppose we'll know come the FW Open Day in July whether it's been done or not and hitting the printers

I would urge caution on having expectations of Angelus being released this year - the guys at the Weekender were very up front about the fact that they haven't done much for it, and there's a lot more to do than just re-release rules that have been published in previous books. We still haven't had the massive background pieces for either of the Blood Angels or Dark Angels yet, and there's still a massive amount of work that goes into the campaigns that covered for the narrative. Nor have we had any of the Legion special units or character rules revealed either, so these may still be in development. 

One thing that they do have going for them is that they're starting to bring in more writers so Alan Bligh isn't spread so thin over various projects. Hopefully this'll mean that other FW projects (such as 40k IA books, etc) don't hamper the progress of the HH series, but I would still not expect to see it hit release in 2017.

I think the last thing we all need is another Inferno scenario where there's constant "Why hasn't the book been released yet?" discussions and frustrations. Let's give them the chance to do some work on it and allow them to give us a timeframe when things are more fleshed out.

Perhaps the original bodyguard will disband after Terra, going along with the prevailing theme of agonising guilt.

Well no, all bar Azkellon died aboard the Vengeful Spirit. Azkellon was forced to stay behind to guide the chapter, and may have re-moulded the new SG in his image.

I have to admit, I was unaware of that.

Codex Blood Angels, Sanguinary Guard entry,

Looking at it, the "Sanguinary Guard" was the title of Sanguinius's retainers during the crusade. It says nothing of arms and armour.

Azkellon, Heral  of Sanguinius was the last remaining guard, and the modern Sanguinary guard are descended from him.

I'd say it's fully plausible fot TDA armed SG. 

I doubt they're going to be sanguinary guard terminators.

All references to the guard in art and books has had them equipped like the 40k versions.

Also as the guards role was to guard their Primarch, terminator armour makes no sense as they need to be able to keep up with him.

That's not to say we won't get a terminator unit, it'd be cool if we did! I just doubt they'll be sanguinary guard.

All references to the guard in art and books has had them equipped like the 40k versions.

Also as the guards role was to guard their Primarch, terminator armour makes no sense as they need to be able to keep up with him.

That's not to say we won't get a terminator unit, it'd be cool if we did! I just doubt they'll be sanguinary guard.

Wasn't there canon old art of Sangy surrounded by blood angel terminators with the old topknots flowing off their armor? I believe they had combi bolters and claw/gauntlets.

Wasn't there canon old art of Sangy surrounded by blood angel terminators with the old topknots flowing off their armor? I believe they had combi bolters and claw/gauntlets.

And they may still be a thing, but I highly doubt we will see a unit of sanguinary guard terminators (no evidence said picture would be such a thing)

Quite true mate, I think AB may pull one out of left field and give the BAs a shock and awe unit - like a day of revelations, but on crack and for a single unit.

Wargear:

Power nipples - beautifully wrought artificer armor that pokes out the eyes of the blood angel's foe.

Armor causes blind in cc.

Pimp mah Predator - Lucifer engines make predator and vindicator chassis vehicles fast and with cool spinny rims.

Note: Pimped out predators must be visually distinct from regular predators, i.e. Must have a renaissance level of painting on the side, painted stick figures gives the enemy side preferred enemy this vehicle if not golden daemon standard.

Yellow assault marine helmets - paint your assault marine helmets yellow, which causes fear. It causes fear because people cannot cleanly paint yellow with ease.

Note: yellow helmets must be visually distinct and contain at least 3 layers of differing shades of yellow and at least one glaze.

Special weapons-

Blood axe

Blood sword

Blood fist

Blood lightning cl-

Note: go home Matt Ward, you're drunk.

I'm sure they will be, FW will have noticed how incredibly popular they are in the wake of Angels of Caliban.

Personally, hoping for good Deathwing coverage. And if FW makes those gorgeous winged pads from Book 6 (credit to Letsyoudown), I will be buying a great deal many Terminators. :P

I would urge caution on having expectations of Angelus being released this year - the guys at the Weekender were very up front about the fact that they haven't done much for it, and there's a lot more to do than just re-release rules that have been published in previous books. We still haven't had the massive background pieces for either of the Blood Angels or Dark Angels yet, and there's still a massive amount of work that goes into the campaigns that covered for the narrative. Nor have we had any of the Legion special units or character rules revealed either, so these may still be in development. 

Extermination with 4 Legions was taken in the 6 months, including printing and delivery from China.

FW already have full Daemons codex, Mechanicum army list and basic rules for DA and BA. All they have to do is write background story (we know Alan worked on DA for years), advanced Legion rules and draw artwork. I see no reason in such delay. A bit dissapointed in new FW release policy.