Deployment of the Spectral Sicarii (homebrew RG)

thewarriorhunter

I had some custom Raptors dice made an age ago and can support the positive experience and communication.

Frankly, I am thinking to go back for RG dice.

Or ... We make it a forum thing. If BT can do it, so can we right?

RB did you just volunteer? :D

I've only had one model break when I dropped it. It was my cataphractii termy sgt and it was his tabbard. I try really hard not to drop my models.

Post paint I gently scrape away paint from the area I'm going to glue. For plastic on plastic I use Model Master: Liquid Cement For Plastic Models.

My buddy who is a DOD contractor gave me a couple bottles of super glue. One is called Cyberbond that I like a lot, although it has a very short working time... probably around 2-3 seconds. It's great but the working time is sometimes a drawback. The other bottle had no label. It works but has a working time of ~60 seconds so I rarely use it because I don't like holding models that long. It the plastic glue is not cutting it I'll use the Cyberbond because I know it'll get the job done.

Heads are done! It's late and I'm tired so I'm not going to try and attach them tonight. I don't want to mess anything up because I make a mistake or I'm impatient.

Ko1L90x.jpg

It's also cool seeing how the hobby creeps into other areas of my life. I'm coaching soccer for 7-8 year old kids and unfortunately a kid on my team broke his leg in practice. I thought it would be cool to get a medal and paint the ball purple to be his 'soccer purple heart'. I would have never thought to do this if I didn't paint for the hobby. I'm hoping it will lift his spirits when I give it to him this weekend at our end of season party.

r0gdJHU.jpg

HA! I never thought of that before now... you may have ruined them for me! That or I'll have to start playing Iron Hands.

I saw a really cool scout conversion on Reddit today using Scion and Marine bits. I'm thinking of picking up a box of Scions and converting them in a similar way. I'll use the conversions as my sgts. I think that would be a great way to make the sgts stand out in the squad and be a fun modeling opportunity.

Scout unit is complete! As you can see they have infiltrated enemy territory by way of a river that borders the region. They are currently slipping through the streams undetected so they can find higher ground and provide overwatch for the coming assault:

beVIJyE.jpg

0oFYXa8.jpg

cOinRkJ.jpg

ucUbOth.jpg

Very happy they're done, and I'm happy with how the bases came out. From above it looks natural and doesn't seem like the base has a 'topper'.

The conversion I saw that I'm thinking of using for a sgt is this one:

hylpkiS.jpg

I'm not sold on it 100% but I do like it and it's gotten my thoughts going. I think it may be a bit too much armor but for a sgt it could make sense. I really like the legs on this model. I've considered getting a mor deythan model for my sniper sgt. I'm in no rush so I'll keep looking around until I find what I want to build.

The Scion torso is gorgeous, and suitable for a Blood Angel scout, but a bit gaudy for a Raven Guard I think.

Its funny because that kitbash looks like someone who bought a scion kit and used the heads to make the "other" scout conversion (Like Duz's), and wanted a way to use the remainder of the model for more scouts.

I like it, but it says "Inquisitorial Henchman" more than Scout to me.

I'm so sorry but ...

"We are are Borg."

I cannot un-see that now!

The skin tone is a perfect match.

Edited by ltvyper

Wow! Put together those heads are very Marine-y. I mean, it's highly probable that, as they gain experience, injuries will require bionic replacements. In other words, they will not go unscathed during their time in the 10th.

I'm convinced to get some myself now :tu:

Wow! Put together those heads are very Marine-y. I mean, it's highly probable that, as they gain experience, injuries will require bionic replacements. In other words, they will not go unscathed during their time in the 10th.

I'm convinced to get some myself now :thumbsup:

It may not even be a replacement, but an enhancement. It could also be a low profile helmet. A scout unit operating behind enemy lines would want any tools they have at their disposal. A helmet that contains ocular capabilites such as night vision and FLIR would be a welcome addition to their toolkit. Add to that the fact that Deliverance is a Forge World it makes sense that RG scouts can get gear like this. (That's my lore and I'm sticking to it).

So... not really sure what I should work on next. Part of me wants to put together my Shrike model. I tend to field him in every game however I'm not sure if my painting skills will do him justice right now. I'm holding off on vehicles until I get an airbrush which I'm hoping will be in Jan/Feb. I don't want to try to paint black panels without a brush because I don't think the shading or details will look half as good as what I can accomplish with an airbrush.

So... what units/models do you think I should do next? Here's my KanBan board with what I have available to work with.

bQcSXN6.jpg

My personal vote is Shrike, I think you are definitely up to the task

If I may ask, what website/software/app do you use for your Kanban board? I am going to make a physical one to hang in my hobby room, but I would like a digital version like yours as well.

https://kanbanflow.com

Very easy to use. If I made a physical copy and hung it up I'd have a lot of explaining to do to my wife :rolleyes: