Deployment of the Spectral Sicarii (homebrew RG)

thewarriorhunter

Dice tray for Calth is done! It fits everything perfectly, has a donated mouse pad in the bottom for rolling on, and takes 3mm magnets so the lid doesn't fall off in the box. When I finally get a compressor to pair with my airbrush I'll paint it up.

Hidden Content
ooLlBjG.jpg

Hidden Content
m9mUfX1.jpg

Hidden Content
bPP7Ctj.jpg

Hidden Content
CxQjwiV.jpg

Hidden Content
U4ewvJX.jpg

I do plan on painting it, but not until I get an air compressor for my airbrush. 3D printing leaves lines that are very prominent when painting. I've sanded it down to decrease the lines and I think it'll look a lot better with an airbrush vs regular brush.

Weight is not bad:

Empty it weighs 73 grams / 2.5 ounces, full 275 grams / 9.7 ounces. I would say it's not at all heavy for what it is, 3D prints are typically fairly light since they aren't solid. I plan on buying some foam inserts for the box so I can keep all the units in there. I've thought about going the foam board route as well if I can't find anything to buy that suits the needs of the game.

With ABS you can do an acetone wash/bath that will do that. I am printing in PLA and my understanding is that most of those techniques don't work with this type of plastic. PLA is a lot easier to print with than ABS so I've never tried to print it since I've not needed to.

Base is coming along. Put the final touches on before I add water to it. It's kind of hard to see the elevation changes for the 'stream' in these pictures. I think when it's all put together it'll look really good though and show well (at least that's what I'm hoping).

Hidden Content
3K9W1Og.jpg

Hidden Content
p2eZSnq.jpg

My captain is finally done! Probably took around 10-15 hours total. I'm a slow painter and there's a lot of details and edges on this guy. I'm very happy with him and the cloak is my favorite part. It's the first one I've done and I think the shading came out really well. I also like the little photo studio setup that I have. I think the light is a little to white so I'm going to see what I can do to tone that down. The white parts of the model look better than the pictures show, but because the lighting is so 'white' it really washes it out.

Hidden Content
5jOtB35.jpg

Hidden Content
qvY2S4C.jpg

Hidden Content
Dh5lOLD.jpg

Hidden Content
wZGGYdA.jpg

Hidden Content
S79a95o.jpg

Mini photo studio:

Hidden Content
4fC41LA.jpg

Yeah, it was a very nice break, and thanks for the compliments guys!

I'm stoked that I got him done. I have a flamer and lightning claw arm to finish up by Saturday which shouldn't be a problem. I think one more session and then they'll be done.

After that I am moving my hobby room/office so I'll be down for a week or two and then I plan on finishing up some of the WB that I started for the Calth box. I want to work on those guys for a bit. By then I should have a good idea of what I want to do for KT and I'll probably put something together for that. I plan on making a RG successor chapter for that so I can get creative. I'm thinking of a Chapter that has shucked large scale engagements and only operates in small units of teams. I realize that makes them like Deathwatch but they won't be Deathwatch...

He looks great. And Bravo on the KT idea.

Thanks. I haven't fully fleshed out my idea yet but it's getting there. I may run them using DW rules so thematically they act how I envision them to act, but lore-wise I think I want them spinning off from the RG... we shall see. I've got time :teehee:

I am ready for the Space Hulk event this weekend! (mostly, I have a few details to put on a heavy flamer and lightning claw)

Here's the list I'll be taking. I'm not sure if I'll actually be able to use the Warlord Trait. I have to look at the Codex to make sure he can take Iron Resolve (I can't remember if that's Iron Hands or one of the generics) but that seems like the best one for the situation. I thought about the Silent Stalker to deny over watch... I may go that route... not really sure. The termies move so slowly but I can see being able to get a charge off and tying up units as a good thing.

Sadly I can't take any relics since they don't work for my termy. He can't take the jump pack and the Armor Indomitous doesn't improve his profile at all since my captain already has a 2+/3+.

Overall I'm really hoping to just have a good time. I don't know what win conditions are and I really don't care. I just want to have an epic game with lots of really cool moments sprinkled throughout. I'll make sure to take lots of pictures, painted models were highly encouraged so it should be a great looking board.

**Chapter Selection**: Raven Guard

+ HQ +

Captain in Cataphractii Armor [8 PL, 167pts]: Chainfist, Combi-melta, Iron Resolve, Warlord

+ Elites +

Cataphractii Terminator Squad [12 PL, 243pts]
. Cataphractii Sergeant: Combi-bolter, Grenade harness, Power sword
. Cataphractii Terminator: Lightning Claw (Pair)
. Cataphractii Terminator: Combi-bolter, Power fist
. Cataphractii Terminator: Chainfist, Combi-bolter
. Cataphractii Terminator w/Heavy Flamer: Heavy flamer, Power fist

++ Total: [20 PL, 410pts] ++

Good luck man! Get pics and battle reports for us and a copy of the scenario rules if you can and if doesn’t infringe on the rules of b&c or gw’s ip

My squad is assembled as awaits deployment from the corrugated teleportarium:

Hidden Content
9XlZ3Pk.jpg

Hidden Content
mbJnk3S.jpg

They are being posed in my new carrying case for them :biggrin.: One of the perks of working in IT is I get to take all of the small boxes with soft egg foam and I can use them for smaller skirmish sized armies. With KT coming out and a fortuitous timing of gigabit switches purchased at work I have several boxes now that I can grab for transportation.

I mentioned this in the KT thread but in case anyone missed it here's my repost:

Thought I'd throw this out there since Kill Team is around the corner: If you need/want a small budget minded case with soft foam to transport your KT go talk to your IT department. We get lots of delicate hardware that is shipped in smaller boxes with soft egg-crate foam. These are perfect for transporting KT's. Here's one of four that I grabbed today and will be handing out to my group (iPhone for scale). I've already used others for my Mordheim warband and they work really well.

Hidden Content
WFeYK6f.jpg

Decided to squeeze in two quick pads last night. My sgt still needs one on his power sword arm. They came out ok, there's a bit of a bubble on the left one (the one I actually need.... sigh) but I'll fill that in. I may see if I can get a quick paint job on before Saturday but I don't know if I'll have time. They came out pretty good. I'll probably start making a set a night so I can fit the pads to my other squad that will be painted up as UM.

Hidden Content
tRBLh9E.jpg

Hidden Content
ktn1WlT.jpg

Very happy. My cataphractii squad is 100% finished... really 110% since I have a couple extra weapon options painted up now. I finished the shoulder pad and added a piece of brass etch to it to mark him as the Sgt (in case the filthy heretics missed the power sword).

I also added some coffee filters to my lights and I think they helped diffuse the glare some.

Hidden Content
D1D2pvo.jpg

Hidden Content
8oezXeP.jpg

Hidden Content
1YWQ7ld.jpg

Hidden Content
HKlWD1k.jpg

Very nice work.

It's funny how something as simple as coffee filters can improve photos. One tip: change them from time to time. I found that my lights ended up leaving very slight burns/browning on the inside of the filter that fouled my photos for ages until I fixed it by using new ones.

The battlefield has stalled as soldiers consume rations for their mid day meal. The Space Hulk is bloody and littered with bodies belonging to several chapters, Gene stealers, and chaos Marines.

Sadly my heavy flamer was the first to fall on the field today. His brothers are valiantly fighting to avenge him but are bogged down in a tight corridor facing a brood lord and its minions.

The Space Wolves and Ultras have suffered the worst casualties with the Ultras being eliminated and the Wolves are down to a man.

Chaos have been hiding like the cowards they are and are only just now beginning to show themselves as our numbers have dwindled...

Edited by thewarriorhunter