Bitz order arrived today that has allowed me to advance with my Moritat:

4vIV41B.jpg

jQRZIGM.jpg

Still a little ways to go, gotta greenstuff the armour joints, add brass etch to the belt, fill in or sand off the Ashen Circle details on the legs and acquire some of FW’s rotor cannons to finish the backpack; I’m planning to add the two MKII turbines to the rotor cannon powerpacks which have a big ammo pack on them, then connect the feeds up to the bolt pistols for Dakka. All of which should be ready pretty soon!

Moritat's making a good start.

Love the bare faces! Good work.

Cheers fellas!

I don’t even play 30k and still think motitats are rad. Should look good when finished. Are you building your own ammo feeds, looting them from another model, or using something third party?

I’ll be using the feeds and backpacks from the proteus pattern rotor cannons:

JNbtSea.jpg

I plan to snip off the vents on the packs and replace them with the turbines from the MKII jump pack seen above - with a little modification to the ammo pack, I’ll be able to connect a feed up to each of the bolt pistols

I’m taking part in a narrative event during May, and one of the optional requirements was 150 words of fluff detailing the background of your Warlord - the organisers are putting together a character page for each of the Warlords, in the same style as those found in the HH rule books. So here’s my 150 words of background on my Warsmith -

Volod Hadrak Ura was listed as the Warsmith of the 159th Grand Battalion of the Iron Warriors. Terran by birth, Hadrak Ura witnessed the final days of the Emperor’s Campaign across Terra, and was selected to join the newly formed IVth legion. Fighting in many notable campaigns during the legion’s genesis, notably slaying the War Witch High Priestess of the Ishtar Terra coven, during the compliance of Venus. This would change upon being reunited with their primogenitor, the newly christened Iron Warriors were changed forever – past glories forgotten and the brutality of the Lord of Iron’s rule forging them, Hadrak Ura included, into a brutal tool of war. When Perturabo sided with Horus, Hadrak Ura went with him – but years of warfare had left him jaded to any loyalty other than to himself and his men. Hadrak Ura and the 159th company now only fight for themselves, and for survival.

xujB29Z.jpg

I also edited a profile shot of him to look similar to the remembrancer sketches from the rulebooks, which will be included on the character profiles that the event makes for us - let me know what you think!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys

Been grinding all week to finish the second tactical veterans squad, no photos though as I’m batch painting and they’re all WIP.

For the time being I’ve come with what I hope are higher quality photos of my current force, now that I’ve come up with a camera/lighting set up that I like.

Without further ado:

Volod Hadrak Ura, Warsmith, 159th Grand Battalion:

htFPUOO.jpg

Narik Dreygur, Praevian:

s8BN0sm.jpg

Ancient Tyranthik, Contemptor:

kc2ZVMG.jpg

1st Squad Ghaul, Tactical Veterans:

dv6esCv.jpg

ozkeD3Q.jpg

QPWBBGQ.jpg

yJY9NTe.jpg

Will hopefully have the next squad finished within a week, then it’s onwards to Siege Tyrants. Let me know what you think!

Edited by k0nahrik

Here again with a small update while tactical veteran squad #2 is still being painted. Posted some very early WIP shots of my praetor here once before, here he is now after much updating:

0ul05EQ.jpg

Since last time I’ve added a nuncio-vox and sourced a power fist arm from the grave wardens, with a little trimming replaced the cataphractii pad with a Tartaros one. I’ve left a small piece of the chest plate missing so that I can take the head out to paint separately. Still need to acquire a shoulder mounted missile pod (will count as three phosphex bombs) and I need the combi-melta and arm from the grave wardens set to finish him off.

Let me know what you think!

Hey all,

Been busy this week grinding to finish Squad Korod - very nearly complete. Today I painted the vexilla bearer of the squad - I’ve never been a fan of the standard vexilla so I decided to make my own for my iron warriors army, with each being individual to a squad.

Here’s the vexilla for my first tactical squad, Squad Ghaul:

fHFIWs0.jpg

Ghaul’s vexilla is made from the remnants of the 159th grand batallion’s original battle standard. Dating back to the very end of the Terran unification wars, Warsmith Volod Hadrak Ura personally raised this standard upon the broken citadel of the war-wyche coven of Ishtar Terra during the compliance of Venus. It is borne into battle now by veteran squad Ghaul, the first squad of the 159th battalion and some of Warsmith Ura’s most trusted brothers.

Here’s Squad Korod’s vexilla:

6lJnFMQ.jpg

Korod’s vexilla is the iron-plated skull of Legionary Thalx, formerly a brother of veteran squad Korod. When Perturabo was first reunited with his sons and ordered the decimation of his legion, Thalx was the unfortunate member of squad Korod to draw the short straw. After his squadmates brutally beat him to death, Sergeant Korod took his skull and had it plated in iron. Thalx still accompanies squad Korod into battle - albeit this time as a harsh reminder of the price of failure for the sons of Perturabo.

As always let me know what you think! Apologies if these images are a little blurry btw. Cheers!

Edited by k0nahrik

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed; that looks fantastic. Great force you've got going here – any chance of a group shot?

Cracking idea and background to them, the verdigris and weathering of the standard fragment looks very realistic.

Great looking Iron Warriors bro! Looking forward to seeing the Praetor painted up :)

Cheers guys! I’ve just realised I’ve made the mistake of saying praetor instead of Siege Breaker, regardless he will be finished just as soon as I get my hands on the parts I want for him!

Waiting on assembling and painting all the models I currently have before I take a nice big groupshot, rest assured I have it planned though.

Now, onto my updates. I recently had the pleasure of playing at the Remidium Alpha event in Cardiff, pitting my Iron Warriors (and a few borrowed militia in order to bring me up to the points limit) against Alpha Legion, Imperial Fists, and a Mech/Militia alliance. My first ever experience playing Horus Heresy and my first ever event, I thoroughly enjoyed it (despite being totally wiped out in all my games haha)

Here are some of my favourite shots from the day:

0hz4fJK.jpg

48dsWRn.jpg

h8B4XLP.jpg

9R2Dqa7.jpg

w9mvE9z.jpg

uDZL2Ot.jpg

Thoroughly enjoyed myself, learned a lot about the game and what I need to do to improve and (hopefully) win!

I also come bearing updates. Being very busy with school these last few weeks I’ve had precious little time to devote to the hobby, but last night I decided I’d treat myself to something I’d been thinking about for a while. It’s still in very early WIP stages, but here is my reposed and redecorated Calth contemptor:

prxRQPn.jpg

OPADHfk.jpg

rj0Qrwt.jpg

I’ll be looking into acquiring guitar string and plasticard, and trying to emulate the look of the FW Iron Warriors contemptor. Keen to hear what you think!

Cheers Bjorn, Pearson.

Here’s detail shots of the now completed head. I took the base from the deathwing apothecary - and used the vox grille from a normal MKVII helmet. Additional details were added with GS. I was inspired by the Gorgon terminator helmets, and feel like this would make a really good head if I were to be making an Iron Hands contemptor rather than an Iron Warriors one.

7eezZsA.jpg

fkScgT5.jpg

Keen to hear what you all think!

Hey all,

Minor tweaks to the Warsmith made today. Often I leave my Iron Warriors’ pads blank with the intention of coming back to them later with transfers and hazard stripes, due to the time consuming nature of both. My Warsmith was no exception, today I decided to tackle the blank shoulder pads.

For his left shoulder I used the standard iron skull transfer as seen throughout my army;

SHuAff8.jpg

For the left shoulder I didn’t want to simply add the diagonal hazard stripes I usually do. In his fluff i stated that he was an early Terran who fought in the closing days of the unification wars and the early sol system campaigns. For this reason I decided it would make sense for him to bear the raptor imperialis - a badge to show that he had shared a battlefield with the emperor. I set about freehanding it:

2HF0xTk.jpg

p7mPS2s.jpg

Keen to hear what you think!

Loving the look of your Iron Warriors. This might have been answered earlier on your log,but where is the pistol on your Warpsmith from? I wouldn't mind getting one for myself!

Cheers man! I’m not sure if I’ve answered it here, but rest assured it’s one of the most common questions I get asked. The pistol is counts as archaeotech, but the actual model is from the 40k Mechanicum Sicaran Infiltrators, it’s a stubcarbine which has had the barrel very slightly modified.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all.

Today’s update brings with it some progress shots on the Moritat - about 90% ready to call this guy done, just need to sort the chain feed for his other pistol and do some gap filling on the jump pack.

2IhTPXv.jpg

q0h1Sgf.jpg

fTXHJ5e.jpg

4lvbU6s.jpg

LsPVFJ6.jpg

I also started work on a Primus Medicae, very early WIP here

dTsma0a.jpg

OZDxhuY.jpg

AkznhVh.jpg

Outstanding work.

Really cool and you create some narrative for2 every unit as well. Great

Fantastic stuff, especially liking the attention to detail and the warsmith is looking great.

Cheers guys!

The Raptor Imperialis is a good touch. Did this Warsmith join Perturabo in treason during the Heresy, or did he remain loyal to the Emperor?

This guy joined perturabo, but is no fan of his father nor the ruinous powers. Hadrak Ura is a veteran from terra, the earliest days of the legion, and he’s become jaded with age and atrocities done unto him and his men by both the e’Emperor and Perturabo. He only chose to join Perturabo because he felt it would be the best choice for his company - however he is only truly loyal to himself and the men under his command

As always let me know your thoughts, hopefully my next update will bring some finished tactical squads now that I’m free of exams and able to focus on the hobby for summer.