[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

I'll be a bit quiet for a couple of days so if anyone wants to include Vorr in their narrative go for it! Wife is in hospital waiting for some surgery but keeps getting knocked back for more urgent surgeries. Can PM me if you want details I can do small stuff I just have writers block for anything more than a couple of sentences :D 

I think Montesa is technically the highest ranking in the group as he's distantly part of the Watch Tower's command structure (from my understanding), so he can do it. 

Mol - How familiar are Montesa and Watch Captain Diocles?

Edited by Noctus Cornix

I think Montesa is technically the highest ranking in the group as he's distantly part of the Watch Tower's command structure (from my understanding), so he can do it.

Mol - How familiar are Montesa and Watch Captain Diocles?

Not established, so as much or as little as you'd like. They have met before, obviously.

As to seniority, both Sergeants have been killed, so it can be Montesa or anyone. Please still feel able to post even if you aren't talking.

Greysight's unease grows.

If anyone is wondering how I managed to write so much so quickly, I actually wrote the first passage in 2019 to pass the time on a bus journey in Vietnam. Glad I've been able to use it.

As a scribbler myself - never throw anything away.  Even the stuff you edit out of work you're hammering.  It will always fit somewhere else. ;)

MR.

Greysight's unease grows.

If anyone is wondering how I managed to write so much so quickly, I actually wrote the first passage in 2019 to pass the time on a bus journey in Vietnam. Glad I've been able to use it.

As a scribbler myself - never throw anything away. Even the stuff you edit out of work you're hammering. It will always fit somewhere else. ;)

MR.

Couldn’t agree more!

Hey all, quick question about when the Blackthorn missions take place (the latest bit about Star Phantoms arriving threw me off a bit because I thought they were one of the last Chapters to get involved at Badab)

I had assumed from reading Mazer's posts that the Badab War hadn't happened yet, but that maybe things were happening that were the build up to it?

But looking at the character thread, the story is set in 918, so 5 years after Badab was all over? (901-913).

Is this a deliberate choice to highlight the slow pace of information being passed around the Imperium, that they've only got the news in Dalthus 5 years after it's all over? Or because of the funny way time and the Imperial Calendar work? Or something else I'm missing?

No big deal, just curious? (Wondering if this was something that came up at the start 3 years ago and us newbs missed it?)

Is this a deliberate choice to highlight the slow pace of information being passed around the Imperium, that they've only got the news in Dalthus 5 years after it's all over? Or because of the funny way time and the Imperial Calendar work? Or something else I'm missing?

No big deal, just curious? (Wondering if this was something that came up at the start 3 years ago and us newbs missed it?)

You have it exactly. :wink:

It was all wrangled out as we started, mainly because I pestered Mol and every poor blighter who'd listen!

MR.

Update up. 

I understand as players you might be forced into a situation where you are just making repetitive posts - you feel you can't have your character speak openly because of decorum. You can use internal vox to communicate, or to channel questions towards the "faces" of the party (Montesa and/or Solastion). There is certainly scope for you to post, or to reflect on how service in the Deathwatch has thrust you into strange and uncertain situations where you are entirely unsure what is going on. Far from the tidy certainties of the battlefield. 

This scene won't take us too long - I imagine we will be finished by Wednesday. 

After the next post or posts with you asking Diocles questions, I will update. 

Is there a way you could be circumspect and get information out of Diocles without alerting the Star Phantoms? 

Noctus:

To my knowledge, Montesa can broadcast to non-psykers, but cannot have a full-blown conversation with them, and cannot read thoughts. Is this correct?

Should you attempt to manifest your powers, you will feel the crushing weight of psychic force for reasons that will become very apparent, very quickly - narratively, I would prefer you don't just extract the information from Diocles, and perhaps a Captain of the Deathwatch might have some measure of psychic training - you all have Resistance (Psychic Powers)