Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

they never were going to release just one primarch. Whoever said that was incorrect. Once you ripped off the primarch package you don't stop until all the living and demon ones are back as playable models.

they never were going to release just one primarch. Whoever said that was incorrect. Once you ripped off the primarch package you don't stop until all the living and demon ones are back as playable models.

so at the time around before rowboat's release, i was told there were no plans for further loyalists. I can confirm that. 

They didn't meant that in a "we're not going to do them" sense. They meant it in a "we haven't thought that far ahead" sense. Given were community expectations are it, I wouldn't be surprised if they planned for further, it's just a matter of how much time they need to make it happen. 

Thats arguable I guess but regardless, it's popular enough and the story is provocative and interesting enough to assume they're not going to stop. Initial intentions don't really matter in the face of success.

so at the time around before rowboat's release, i was told there were no plans for further loyalists. I can confirm that. 

They didn't meant that in a "we're not going to do them" sense. They meant it in a "we haven't thought that far ahead" sense. Given were community expectations are it, I wouldn't be surprised if they planned for further, it's just a matter of how much time they need to make it happen. 

As a fan of 40k lore in general (books as well as the games) this is horrifying.

A major company should be planning things YEARS in advance

Think the marvel cinematic universe (they have it mapped out far in advance)

Think samsung and their phone releases (they already have future models ready to go and stage releases)

Think intel and their processor releases (they already have future iterations and are slowly releasing product to keep a steady stream)

For GW to haphazardly restore Guilliman and have someone in control of the IP not think about what comes next is insane

*EDIT*

Update...then again...this is the same company where the former CEO publicly said they are a model company not a game company (fans questioned where he got that info) and then separately said they don't do any market research (lolwut bbq seriously?)

I believe you were told that, perhaps my post didn't make that clear and I apologize. What I meant is that once GW made that decision to finally release primarchs in 40k there is no way they could stop with just one. It would be grossly unfair to thousands upon thousands of fans and players of other legions/chapters to not have their primarch back as well. So when Bobby G was put back into play by default it meant, at some point in the years to come, GW will have to release playable models of all the living and demon primarchs.

As a fan of 40k lore in general (books as well as the games) this is horrifying.

A major company should be planning things YEARS in advance

Think the marvel cinematic universe (they have it mapped out far in advance)

Think samsung and their phone releases (they already have future models ready to go and stage releases)

Think intel and their processor releases (they already have future iterations and are slowly releasing product to keep a steady stream)

For GW to haphazardly restore Guilliman and have someone in control of the IP not think about what comes next is insane

*EDIT*

Update...then again...this is the same company where the former CEO publicly said they are a model company not a game company (fans questioned where he got that info) and then separately said they don't do any market research (lolwut bbq seriously?)

Lol "horrifying" is big time hyperbole. GW is a retail company, not media and entertainment

Their name is Games Workshop not Model Workshop

Games workshop mission statement:

“Our business model. We have a simple strategy at Games Workshop. We make the best fantasy miniatures in the world and sell them globally at a profit and we intend to do this forever. Simple, but every part of this statement is important.”

So they announced a bunch of sigmar stuff for next week, Two battle tomes, heroes , spells etc. 

It seems they are going a bit fast with the sigmar release and july will be left free for 40k :smile.:

Orks or wolves first, place your bets please :)

So I was thinking. What if they released Primaris Blood Claw/Grey Hunters models and then did a how-to kit bash for Wolf Guard, much like they did for that Grey Knight Chapter Master walker thing. GW sells a single box plus extra bits from older boxes and we get variety of Primaris forces.

I very much doubt it would be like this, but they did say that more "official" kitbashing would be a thing. Just trying to see how they could release a minimal amount of products for max effect.

Orks or wolves first, place your bets please :)

GSC.

With regards to primaris, I always thought the whole "you start where the rest of us started" would apply. IE so we'd have a whole primaris detachment of blood claws. But I think they're coming in de-facto grey hunters regardless of battlefield experience.

With regards to primaris, I always thought the whole "you start where the rest of us started" would apply. IE so we'd have a whole primaris detachment of blood claws. But I think they're coming in de-facto grey hunters regardless of battlefield experience.

I take it as, they are just their own thing, and in every chapter, they are at some level, outcasts at first.

Worth noting that Primaris aren't exactly young anymore. Centuries have passed. A lot of those Intercessors would be legit Greyhunters at this point.

Hell Ragnar's not young anymore.

some may even be wolfguard in veteran status.

Well that’s just stupid.

That I want Space Wolves delayed or that I don't want Sanguinius back? I want Space Wolves delayed so I can afford all the collectibles. I don't want Sanguinius back because he is dead. He is not Vulkan.

Well that’s just stupid.

That I want Space Wolves delayed or that I don't want Sanguinius back? I want Space Wolves delayed so I can afford all the collectibles. I don't want Sanguinius back because he is dead. He is not Vulkan.

Stupid to want something delayed that will be there when you apparently can afford it. Just weird to want something everyone wants to not exist simply because your not ready i guess.

Stupid to want something delayed that will be there when you apparently can afford it. Just weird to want something everyone wants to not exist simply because your not ready i guess.

Fair enough... but I like collecting the GW dice and they are starting to disappear again. I've already lost out on too many of the dice sets so I was hoping to have enough time to make sure I can afford it. There is also a rumor that Abbadon is getting a new model with a release of Space Wolves. I know you guys have waited a long time for your codex. But I also know that everyone is selfish to some degree. My little bit in regard to this is that I want to make sure I can afford the CE codex and dice when they are released but also have enough to afford any new boxes that might come out. It is all good though. The dex will be out soon enough.

Spikybits/BOLS finally release a rumor, so don't count on it having any truth. It looks like the current release for non-codex SM, except for the generic "month of releases, alongside anither codex". I assume Ork vs SW that was discussed a few times. Below is the copy paste.

Look for the Space Wolves to arrive mid Q3

All New Codex Space Wolves Primaris Sets

Coming Data Cards

“Ice” Dice

Space Wolves are arriving in a jam packed month alingside another codex and a new 40K boxed game.

Edit: I did talk to my gamestore manager here in Korea. He was saying that the Korean and Japanese sites were tracking the same time release as we were Sept/oct. Since this has aligned with so many other rumors and current release events, this might actually be true. Or one rumor just took and ran away with the world. *Shrug*

I posted that spiky bits rumor earlier in the thread that got zero response. I hope it is not that long. Telling us in June that we'll be getting our codex "Soon" is not five months later. It is at most 1 month later.

Archived