30k Hobby Chat

I don't remember there being any rules for the Stormhawk, Stormtalon or Stormraven in the black or red books back in 1E, so probably not if they're not in the pdfs.

As to whether they 'existed' or not, I can't answer that, as I never really paid attention to those fliers. DA/SW didn't have access to them until 9E, so I glossed over them.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion
spelling

Got hold of some classic Epic minis* a load of Ork stuff (Squiggoths, squig catapults, shokk attack guns - Orks in Epic Space Marine were SO much fun!) and some Imperial Termites - these will eventually be filled with World Eater Berserkers (love the idea of essentially a tin can being filled with those guys going mental inside, then them spilling out when it emerges:biggrin:)

*tip if you want Oldhammer stuff is to join some of the FB groups, you get collectors helping each other out rather than eBay sharks price gouging

20220820_083008~2.jpg

The beautiful marriage of the new plastic claw set and a forgeworld body, with magnetized arms to allow for all the options to be interchangeable.

Just waiting on some 3rd party shoulder and elbow parts to do the same to a couple of contemptors.

20220820_155206.jpg

20220820_164841.jpg

Love seeing all this great work folks!

Sadly I've not done anything for ages apart from try to write a Drop Pod Assault List for 2.0.

So I decided to bite the bullet and pick up some bits for a project I've wanted to do for ages, can't wait for them to turn up. Another Mars Predator, Phobos Land Raider, Heresy Tank accessories to blend them and some reinforced armour for the Predators and Land Raider on the way.

The Pred Squadron will have a Deimos as the number 4 vehicle, 1& 3 replaced with Mars pattern (all the fleet can manufacture in theatre) and 2 was destroyed and crew slain. Really looking forward to modelling the "gubbinz" to make them characterful and represent the fact they've been through the grinder.

Edited by Hfran Morkai

I'm finally getting close to finishing my Leviathan. There are still a few details to do, and a bit more weathering (a bit of dust, mostly on the legs, to tie it into the base) but it's definitely getting there now. I stuck the banners on today, which was a nice moment, felt like real progress. I'm not sure they'd last long in battle...but no doubt there are lots of Legion serfs to faithfully recreate them after each engagement. 

IMG_20220825_220815050~2.jpg

IMG_20220825_220935114~2.jpg