9th edition incoming

TiguriusX

I'm waiting to see if Axes are an option for the full kit whenever it is released. Good to hear that the minimum squad size is five though.

Same... not particularly fussed about a bunch of Mastercrafted power swords that ignore our chapter tactic anyway. Maybe if they have some sort of useful combat application?

But they need more options

Ignore our Chapter Tactic?

Good to hear that the minimum squad size is five though.

Minimum squad size is three, but with ability to add to that, probably up to 6, like Aggresssors.
Sorry I really mean, that they don’t benefit that much from it vs the CC weapons that have hit modifiers. Wrong language!

Hammers is kind of out thing but Bladeguard may continue the trend of just ignoring the equipment availabilities of our non-Primaris characters etc

Edited by C0deb1ue

I'm waiting to see if Axes are an option for the full kit whenever it is released. Good to hear that the minimum squad size is five though.

Same... not particularly fussed about a bunch of Mastercrafted power swords that ignore our chapter tactic anyway. Maybe if they have some sort of useful combat application?

But they need more options

Ignore our Chapter Tactic?

Sorry I really mean, that they don’t benefit that much from it vs the CC weapons that have hit modifiers. 

These Master-crafted Power Swords will hit on 2s instead of 3s in the first round of combat, so they benefit just as much as Axes would, or just as much as Thunder hammers that go from 4s to 3s.  

The more I think about it the more I want the blade guard to actually have the  body guard rule. It will make them very thematic as wolf guard , shield bearers for their Jarl . 

Knowing that their min size is 3 , I am considering rolling 4 + wolf Lord + another support character  

With the changes to cover  I think getting the Impulsor up there turn one and hopping out might be very powerful , especially with some cunning of the wolf support for that turn two crash then sweep the wave in  for turn 3. 

Pepper that in with stuff like the bikers potentially being a fast hard hitting unit  that can meet the crash in  on 2 requirement  I am beginning to think that we will get a lot of mileage out of encircling our opponents. 

Strategic reserves uses PL...uggg

At least I can outflank my leviathan now. That was a trick I used white scars codex for.

Actually I can outflank anything now...Bjorn and friends will love canticle of hate surprise parties now

Woo hoo good times are coming!

And chooser of the slain is going to be getting tons of play apparently

Strategic Reserves: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/24/master-your-strategygw-homepage-post-1fw-homepage-post-2/?fbclid=IwAR3lZWBch61o3UyPtC2HXa9PK-nI6iCgokh2ZKy1pfKAdD5i1kUpVf0Kpz4

Cunning of the Wolf stratagem that we already have is way better for our Infantry, but this allows us to now also put Vehicles and Cavalry in Reserves to Outflank with.

Strategic reserves uses PL...uggg

Why is this a problem?
They said themselves that PL will not see as many updates as points so this makes a base rule become obeslete much faster than normal. That being said I wouldn't take this screenshot as the word as they did a preview before and came out with a more clear one later regarding game point level and CP where it didn't include the brackets and people freaked a bit. I would say common sense says that it will be points and PL like this edition. Edited by The Saint Ragnar

Do you have a citation where I can read that about power levels ?

It was in one of the streams. I can try and find it again but it was awhile ago so I forget the exact one. I think there was somewhere online that did a typed manuscript of the streams for people but I can't remember.

Do you have a citation where I can read that about power levels ?

They said they’d occasionally revisit PLs and adjust them, if needed, for balance just like they do with Matched play Points now. They just won’t do it as often. But in 8e, I don’t think they really did it at all, so it’ll be an improvement either way. I remember hearing it in a Twitch stream, too, but couldn’t tell you which one.

PL wouldn’t swing very much anyway, so it shouldn’t really matter.

Am paranoid about full size Long Fang squads for morale tests now, but overall changes are fun especially the roll of 1 always passes

Hordes are easier to chip away at

Between chooser of the slain and autopass morale we are going to burn through those 2cp strats

just chimeing in on power levels a bit.

the way i see strategic reserves working is basely power levek is only used to calculate comand points for reserves not cost of units in your army list ?

Why are you worried about long fangs and moral? Assuming Leadership stay the same, and the and they shall know no fear remains the same, our leadership is pretty rugged.

Because Im a paranoid man. And the worst result with new morals would be failing by 1 and then losing more models. Plus the disposable models will the lost casualties already. Am being overly paranoid. And theyre the biggest unit I run and the one left on their own.

The FLY losing fallback and shoot is good for us though

The Tau matchup is going to hinge on if they can ( still?)  ignore cover with markerlights.  

All  the new terrain rules being erased would be problematic , in the same breath if that is not  (still?)  the case then  using terrain  and reserves effectively will  probably be the way to go. Not only that but slamming impulsors into their lines to lock them up before charging in. 

Suppressors won't stop a Riptide from firing overwatch.

They may stop a few Fire Warriors, but that isn't really the ideal target for Autocannons.

3 Suppressors have about 57% chance of killing a single Crisis Suit, so if he has no drones around, maybe you can stop their overwatch.

It feels like Suppressors are supposed to be the answer, but I don't think they are.

I also have difficulties with the T'au matchup. I'm not sure that'll change much in the new edition.