9th edition incoming

TiguriusX

Do you think is gonna be interesting in the V9 to bring a repulsor to the battle ? So far, i know he cost too much to transport something not worth enough to justify the price of a repulsor, but i would like to run one along three impulsor for the "lets rush into them, disembark and kick ass" feeling.

Do you all think it is safe to assume that assault intercessor pack leaders will be able to take a TH or PF?

Just wondering because I was about to build 2 squads of ABR intercessors with TH pack leaders, now think I should maybe hold off?

I think the Assault Intercessors will have Pack Leaders able to take the special close combat weapons (like Power Fists and Thunderhammers), else they'll underperform in close combat compared with "stock" Intercessors. However, that being said, don't build anything until we know for sure.
You would think this would be the case wouldn't you

But this is GW so I'm doubting it until a future errata

I understand the pessimism, however thiskit should be compatible with all existing intercessor upgrade sprue that already exist, so it seems likely that the initial rules will contain the Sergeant options as those bits are already released unlike when intercessors first dropped.

Id love to be able to bring a big boat option , but I  dont think  with points going up it will be very feasible. 

If we are looking at  a marginal increase of points across the board I cant imagine  the repulsor will be worth it for its points. 

The Impulsor just does the intended job better , its cheap enough , and it has better rules for post disembark , and its got the 4++  (Because why would you not take the shield dome) 

The Repulsor is great cause its got a ton of drop zone clearing firepower , but because of that its a bullet magnet , and wit the sheer lethality of things in the game right now , it just feels far too expensive to include as it is , then  pick it full of an assault unit you want to reach combat and you are looking at another 300  or more points.  So like more than a fourth of your list is tied up in this one metal box with no invul. 

A great deal is made about it being a primaris land raider , but land raiders have not been particularly viable for a while now.  Not when people field equipment designed to Zero Knights in a turn , and with the inflexibility of primaris units points will always be a little difficult to work around. 

New edition standard game length is now 5 turns. No more random rolls to see if you keep on playing to 6 or 7.

Once again, a little less randomness, and you can better plan moves and actions in the late game, as you’ll know exactly when it’s over.

This was stated in the GSC faction focus, but I passed right over it on first read through.

One thing we dont know about the new points is what they include wargear wise, unless anyone has seen wargear sheets

The second tab on that google doc has the weapons costs. Third tab has some examples of new combined totals.

Might be a slot for grimnar if the update the rules and make him a supreme commander which I think is a new term.

It is starting to look like if you want more HQs a patrol is the cheapest way. 2 CP and a troop choice for 2 more HQs, plus 2 of every other slot, actually looks like a bargain in the new system. But time will tell

Another word on the grapevine is Stormshields have been nerfed to 4+ unfortunately!

Where did that one come from? That’ll really hurt a lot of builds. Also wouldn’t make sense for the new Primaris Captain with a Shield, as he already has a 4++ Invulnerable from his Iron Halo.

Lot of people seem to think that it will change to

4+ and then add +1 to saving throw (various competitive players as sources)

Didn’t think iron halos had been confirmed as they have never existed in non core space marine chapters I thought?

Edited by C0deb1ue

Where’s Tigurius? Terminators about to be fire. Feel bad that tactical equivalent went to 15. TDA sitting part where they are.

What happened with terminators?

They didn’t go up in points much, if any.

Didn’t think iron halos had been confirmed as they have never existed in non core space marine chapters I thought?

All Captains have had one, and our Wolf Lords get a Belt of Russ, which does the same thing.