9th edition incoming

TiguriusX

106637922_10157340884461676_540348734411

Double firing multimeltas that can move and fire with no penalty, or advance and fire at a -1 to hit penalty, each on a T5, W3 platform.  Not bad.  Not bad at all.  And all for approximately 100 points (based on the power level).

Change to coherency a slight pain to units with wolf guard pack leaders; models of units with 6+ models have to maintain coherency with 2 models not just 1

I hadn’t seen that yet, but not an unexpected change, since they don’t want units in a conga line across the board.

Conga lines just look like dog bones now though. So it really just shortens them by 2 models. I think the intent was a bit broader of an effect but they missed a bit.

Rule writers have blinders on

How the hell do play testers not point this out instantly?

Conga lines just look like dog bones now though. So it really just shortens them by 2 models. I think the intent was a bit broader of an effect but they missed a bit.

Dog bones for the bestest pups!

Eradicators seem really strong.

Like stupid strong.

I could see 3x3 squads around the board with 2 flanking in.

Yup dog bones died a quick death lol. Heres the quote:

New rule will make much more sense if they'll add something akin to the check in the end of Battleshock Phase in AoS. In conjunction this should really kill conga lines.

3g9M550.png

Huh, call me Ahriman from now on.

EpMJTue.png

They did catch it, of course. Folks were just going off with only half of the full picture.

They did catch it, of course. Folks were just going off with only half of the full picture.

Why do people conga line?

One of the main reasons is to zone out and stop enemy deep strikes etc.

You can still conga line with a dog bone formation on turn 2 and suffer the losses after achieving your goal of delaying reinforcements for a turn

I would love to hear design commentary on coherence changes

Seems like it would be hard to get into a position for a turn 2 conga line without having to get in a vulnerable formation in turn 1.

yeah the eliminators are probably the unit that gets cut for these,  I  originally was not going to build them  for my wolves but now Its time to stick some wolf skull helms on them ( like my aggressors )  and induct them into the Dark Dreamers 

MORKAI , MORKAI , MORKAI!!! 

Seems like it would be hard to get into a position for a turn 2 conga line without having to get in a vulnerable formation in turn 1.

Off the top of my head an Ork can use da jump and spread dog bone style

Final Core Stratagem revealed. Emergency Disembarkation, for 1CP.

Let’s you place models within 6” instead of 3”, but models are destroyed on a roll of 1 or 2, instead of just 1.

Also, models must be deployed wholly within now, and not just within.

I'm still not sure how you'd be able to screen effectively that way since you have to remove models from your unit at the end of the turn for any that are out of coherency.

Edit: Nm, I was having difficulty picturing in my head, but now I think I got it.

Edited by Axilleas

I'm still not sure how you'd be able to screen effectively that way since you have to remove models from your unit at the end of the turn for any that are out of coherency.

Nobody is out of coherency until they get shot (or psyker killed)

Psychic and shooting happens after movement.

So for 1 movement phase you accomplish your goal

Forcing a key deep strike unit to stay off the board or come down where it doesn't want is a conga line benefit

It is the same concept as blocking a knight gallant with a sacrificial speed bump unit 4" away (3" would let the knight HI). The speed bump will die but not until after it stops the knight gallant from moving where it wants.

I know someone in league who uses nid artillery spores to do this

I think it is also, good as it has another intended effect, that is to Speed up the movement phase.

Got a blob of Guys?

well if you do a conga line they go poof.

just move em as a blob!

and please, to further increase speed, use either a homemade movement tray, or use the GW movement trays