9th edition incoming

TiguriusX

Freakshow? 

It's a nickname for trying to stack negative modifiers to Morale together, in order to force more Morale casualties.  Reivers have an ability that puts out a -1 to Ld, and if memory serves Krom Dragongaze does, as well.  

I was just working on a Consolidated Terrain Cheat Sheet for the actual terrain that I've got here at home to use, when it occurred to me that only Infantry, Beasts, and Swarms are allowed to gain the benefit of Cover (whether it be Light, Heavy, or Dense Cover terrain traits).

So, no matter what you do (except House Rule it differently, of course), Monsters, Vehicles, and Cavalry can never gain the benefit of any of these various cover benefits.  

This is made clear on the 'Terrain Features' page, where you'll see that only Infantry, Beasts, or Swarm models are ever eligible to receive the benefits of cover in the sections covering Obstacles and Area Terrain.  It won't be clear if you just go review the Terrain Traits pages, where it describes what Dense, Light, and Heavy Cover do.

EDIT: Also, on a separate note, when looking at the Eternal War Mission Pack, the "Rule of Three," is now an actual rule in the book, and not just a suggestion for Event Organizers.  With the exception of Troops and Dedicated Transports, you can't include the same datasheet in your army more than three times.  

Hey Valerian, can you share that sheet you're working on? Make the Doc public?

Oops, I always forget to double-check the settings.  Should be available now.  

A core of 15 intercessors 3 impulsors seems to be what I need to build around.

I'm having a bit of heart ache around the HQ issue. I'm not really down to pay 3 additional cp for a detachment.

So its probably. Lord/ Ragnar. One form of priest and an lt. Wolf priest on bike being the most likely choice for that priest slot.

While I'm sharing links, here is the Cheat Sheet for Strike Force Missions that I put together, too.  I didn't include all of the secondaries, as there are a few that I don't think would be worth taking over the others, so I just added the ones that I'm interested it.

The generic secondaries and their categories are at the bottom, while the mission-specific secondaries are included right under the mission specific primaries.

Remember that you can only include 1 secondary from each category.

Val

I'm thinking a battalion with a patrol will be the way forward for me, 5 HQs looks like a sweet spot for the lists I like to run and Bjorn generally features heavily in them so it only really costs me 1 CP, and a troop.

What are the 5 HQ options that you're thinking about?

Depending on total points, of course, I'm leaning toward Bjorn, Ragnar, and Wolf Priest on Bike as my 3 HQ selections, with a Judiciar as a 4th character from the Elites.  I could see adding a Patrol to get another HQ choice in (or two), but not sure that's worthwhile over "regular" units, at that point.

I think I'll likely be doing a Battalion and Patrol so I can have my Lord, Battle Leader, Wolf Priest, and then two rune priests or one rune and an extra wolf for more litany goodness. Gives some denies and a smatter of psychic powers buffs and debuffs to spread around

I could see adding Arjac if you plan on bringing a unit of 10 TDAWG with a mix of SS/SB and SB/TH and 2 CMLs or maybe assault cannons. Deep strike them in on turn 2 and they'll get some good mileage out of the SBs, and possibly be in charge range assuming you can get a WP to boost them with Canticle of Hate. If you expect a heavy retaliation, they would then be a good target for trans-human strat.

Val those would be my three HQ choices as well. The 4th HQ I would want to take would be a rune priest. I haven’t gone through the rule book yet but from the things they previewed psykers will be important in this edition. It may be worth the patrol or even dropping Bjorn.

We have a lot of good HQ’s.

I was just working on a Consolidated Terrain Cheat Sheet for the actual terrain that I've got here at home to use, when it occurred to me that only Infantry, Beasts, and Swarms are allowed to gain the benefit of Cover (whether it be Light, Heavy, or Dense Cover terrain traits).

So, no matter what you do (except House Rule it differently, of course), Monsters, Vehicles, and Cavalry can never gain the benefit of any of these various cover benefits.

This is made clear on the 'Terrain Features' page, where you'll see that only Infantry, Beasts, or Swarm models are ever eligible to receive the benefits of cover in the sections covering Obstacles and Area Terrain. It won't be clear if you just go review the Terrain Traits pages, where it describes what Dense, Light, and Heavy Cover do.

EDIT: Also, on a separate note, when looking at the Eternal War Mission Pack, the "Rule of Three," is now an actual rule in the book, and not just a suggestion for Event Organizers. With the exception of Troops and Dedicated Transports, you can't include the same datasheet in your army more than three times.

I thought that was just for obstacles? They can still get cover from other features?

I'm thinking a battalion with a patrol will be the way forward for me, 5 HQs looks like a sweet spot for the lists I like to run and Bjorn generally features heavily in them so it only really costs me 1 CP, and a troop.

What are the 5 HQ options that you're thinking about?

Depending on total points, of course, I'm leaning toward Bjorn, Ragnar, and Wolf Priest on Bike as my 3 HQ selections, with a Judiciar as a 4th character from the Elites. I could see adding a Patrol to get another HQ choice in (or two), but not sure that's worthwhile over "regular" units, at that point.

Well I actually put my first army list plan in the army list section, however you made me realize something, are Judiciars not HQs? I was actually going for 4 HQs in the lost as the are pricey, but the judiciar was one of them. This is interesting now as I might rewrite the list to be 3 hqs with that revelation...

This is made clear on the 'Terrain Features' page, where you'll see that only Infantry, Beasts, or Swarm models are ever eligible to receive the benefits of cover in the sections covering Obstacles and Area Terrain. It won't be clear if you just go review the Terrain Traits pages, where it describes what Dense, Light, and Heavy Cover do.

EDIT: Also, on a separate note, when looking at the Eternal War Mission Pack, the "Rule of Three," is now an actual rule in the book, and not just a suggestion for Event Organizers. With the exception of Troops and Dedicated Transports, you can't include the same datasheet in your army more than three times.

I thought that was just for obstacles? They can still get cover from other features?

Nope.  That's why I pointed it out.