9th edition incoming

TiguriusX

The data sheets for the bladeguard only show 2 + sergeant. By contrast, assault intercessors show they can include 4-9 + sergeant. Mistake or another case of being mislead by false information?

What do you mean?  The data sheets that we've seen so far are for the Indomitus box, and those will only show exactly what you have in the box.  Updated data sheets will come later (probably with multipose kits) that will include things like being able to increase the number of Bladeguard Vets in a squad/pack from 3 to (probably) 6, and weapon upgrade options for the Assault Intercessor sergeant/pack leader.

It worked the exact same way with the original data sheets from the 8e Dark Imperium boxed set.

The data sheets for the bladeguard only show 2 + sergeant. By contrast, assault intercessors show they can include 4-9 + sergeant. Mistake or another case of being mislead by false information?

What do you mean? The data sheets that we've seen so far are for the Indomitus box, and those will only show exactly what you have in the box. Updated data sheets will come later (probably with multipose kits) that will include things like being able to increase the number of Bladeguard Vets in a squad/pack from 3 to (probably) 6, and weapon upgrade options for the Assault Intercessor sergeant/pack leader.

It worked the exact same way with the original data sheets from the 8e Dark Imperium boxed set.

Ah, that makes sense.

i'm sure they'll let us field the Techmarine as an Iron Priest but i am very doubtful they'll let us put a thunderhammer or Tempest hammer on it.

but he'll look lovely with a Fenrisian great axe on it, anyways.

Considering the model for the iron priest isn't all that old, I kinda doubt they will be making a new primaris iron priest model anytime soon.

yes i agree. what i was getting at is i think GW will let us run THIS Techmarine model as an Iron Priest through use of FAQs/Errata, similar to how they let us run the Primaris Librarians, Chaplains, and Captains as Rune Priests, Wolf Priests, and Wolf Lords respectively.

Edited by Wispy

It would be bad business for that not to be the case. In all the Indomitus stuff they are gone through great pains to include dark angels blood angels and space wolves in the marketing , if they are going to get people on board with primaris then they need to make sure that we have a reason to buy in , Ragnar was a first big step to that  and now  making sure we have access to more of the range is important. 

I for one really like this change in direction as opposed to the codex chapters just having access to everything new that comes out while we are left hanging or just excluded like in the case of stuff like grav weapons centurions tfcs  etc. 

Man I've Kit Bashed all but the bikers from the new marines....i still feel compelled to buy at least 2 boxes. Lol

It sucks there's no SW or BA cross over. Ie wolf priest, iron priest, sanguinary priest etc. I really hope they FAQ the blade guards, chaplains and LTs to get the BA/SW tags to our versions and also throw on Wolf Guard/Sanguinary Guard

so does harald have +1 save to shooting now. forgot how his trollskin cape rule works.

Wispy, as the rules are currently written for 9th, as soon as Harald gets the new Storm Shield rules, then he's going to have a 2+ Save Characteristic (Storm Shield will give a +1 to that).  And he'll get a +1 to his Saving Throw (the actual roll of the dice) versus just Shooting Attacks.  So, against an AP-1 attack, like a Bolt Rifle, he'll still save on a 2+.  The AP would reduce the results of the Save roll by 1, but the Mantle of the Troll King will add 1 to the Save roll, so those would offset.  

i'm sure they'll let us field the Techmarine as an Iron Priest but i am very doubtful they'll let us put a thunderhammer or Tempest hammer on it.

but he'll look lovely with a Fenrisian great axe on it, anyways.

Could be cheap enough unit too (and vicious with Armour of Russ or fight first saga)

Techmarines inc servo arm (?) down to 40 points

Say 50 for Primaris. 10 for heavy bolter. 15 for axe and pistol.

75 points aint bad.

Albeit relic the Iron Hands character Primaris Techmarine Feirros axe is S+3 AP-3 D2

Only thing is we may have to wait til the codex to get our unique WS2+ BS3+ instead of the other way round which is what codex techmarines have

In the core rules doesnt clarify what happens when a model with fly makes a heroic intervention (they talked about moving or charging with fly keyword but nothing for heroic interventions), can they still ignore models on the way ?

In the core rules doesnt clarify what happens when a model with fly makes a heroic intervention (they talked about moving or charging with fly keyword but nothing for heroic interventions), can they still ignore models on the way ?

H.I. is in the charge phase, so it depends if they are classing as a charge move. As rule written, its not clear. I believe it is intended but will more than likely need an faq unless I'm missing something obvious.

I wonder if blizzard sheilds on space wolf dreads will also confer the +1 sv, 4+ invuln now?

Unlikely, they were deemed nerf-worthy at 3++ and I can't see them needing a buff. They are their own piece of wargear with separate rules.

So , Not a Space Wolves Battle Report , but a Battle Report that shows off some 9th rules , is well produced , and shows up some stuff like Impulsor speed , and Invictor Warsuit strength in the new edition 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blKv2JJ-N6I&t=1527s

Also some looks at terrain overall a good watch  

So if the leaked changes for sm units are true, we may see the comeback of the msu razorbacks (twin assault cannon) for wolves . Moving and shooting at BS 3+  and -2 AP for the first turn thanks to dev doctrine for only 6 points more than they used to be looks playable... Also longfangs with lascannons look tasty if the lascannon drop is true... Stay behind obscuring terrain and then during your turn move out and use keen senses and reroll wounds. 

The strategic reserves is also cool for units like a stromfang, which was targeted first turn and blown away if you went second. Now you can pop up second turn more than 9" from an enemy within range of your characters rerolls and blast some heavy targets using the storm strike stratagem. In that way because you have a guaranteed round of top bracket shooting is even worth considering the 2  twinmultimelta option (if its point cost comes up close to a repulsors then its definately worth it for 9 antitank shots with rerolls getting LOS easily thanks to strategic reserves rule for fliers letting them deploy anywhere more than 9" from enemy and not just table edges :tongue.:)

Edited by lonewolf81

So , Not a Space Wolves Battle Report , but a Battle Report that shows off some 9th rules , is well produced , and shows up some stuff like Impulsor speed , and Invictor Warsuit strength in the new edition 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blKv2JJ-N6I&t=1527s

Also some looks at terrain overall a good watch  

I was in the middle of watching that just as you posted the link yesterday.  Another good battle report that shows off the differences in 9th edition.

Another thing to pay attention to, is Lawrence's simple but very effective list.  All Primaris units.  He was playing Salamanders Successors, and not Space Wolves, but there are definitely lessons to be learned there in how to build an army that works.  His army consisted of:

Captain Adrax Agatone

Primaris Lieutenant

3x Intercessor Squads in Impulsors

1x Aggressor Squad in a Repulsor

2x Invictor Tactical Warsuits

Redemptor Dreadnought

These, together, gave him him enough highly Mobile units to get outstanding board control throughout the game, as well as, sufficient output in both shooting and melee to reliably remove durable units in every turn.