Warhammer Imperium Issue List

Black Knight

20 hours ago, lhg033 said:

Issue 46 is already sold out.  Am I right in thinking there should be a second issue with the same sprue at some point?

There should be in order to make up the correct squad sizes. A bit annoyed this has disappeared already as I am trying to build up a small Sisters army for my daughter.

16 hours ago, Lord Nord said:

I believe this is the first we're hearing of these?

Indeed, but of a surprise when I got the email regarding this... No idea if these are UK exclusive? 

Also, Hachette's UK website shows they've had a restock on some back issues, including the Kataphron, some other Ad Mech stuff, and some of the Necron minus like the Tomb Spyder,which are showing as back in stock. 

Edited by firestorm40k
Types (stupid phone autocorrect!)

Just updated the OP, sorry it took so long but the new website isn't showing updated posts so I didn't even know anything new was on the thread.

I also got an email about a new Premium Extra book collection with issues 47-50.

DUs5d0a.png

12 hours ago, RWJP said:

Forbidden Planet has added cover images for Issues up to Issue 52!

Issue 51 is just paint, but Issue 52 is an exciting one, it's the first half of the Triarch Stalker: https://forbiddenplanet.com/362910-warhammer-40k-imperium-52/

ordered 52 and 53 as I expect 53 will be part two (I think they have always released 'two parters' consecutively before now so chancing it that they dont do a paint issue in between)
46 is back up for order too so grabbed another copy of that as well.

Interesting note for US subscribers- after the pack 6 preview email, I was wondering about the potential to opt-out of any further binders (as I don't need the painting guides and just keep the lore stuff) and got this response from the Imperium Customer Service:

"Hello, sorry the binders are part of the subscription. You can't opt out.

Thank you,

Warhammer Customer Service Team"

Not a big deal for me, as its just $10, but it seems like a contrast to the UK subs which are able to opt-out of the binders. 

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding my comment about the number of binders above, I have since noticed that the inside cover breaks up the five sections in a way that makes it look like sections three and four ("Build" and "Paint" I think?) are meant to be combined into a single binder. Thus the total number of four would be entirely appropriate.

• 2 weeks later...

Lord_Ikka, where did you see the information about the new issues, can't find it on the site anywhere.

Also has anyone got a Premium Sub and received any of their boxes, we would appreciate any photos that can be linked in the OP.

Edited by Black_Knight

55 minutes ago, regraham said:

What do you mean?

I'll just quote a post Black_Knight made last year which pretty much sums up my own experience:

On 11/24/2021 at 1:52 PM, Black_Knight said:

Also with regards to Fauxhammer, that site is so hard to actually find what you are looking for. All the articles are interweaved with other article links, etc. Its a shame because it could be a great collection of information for someone like me to read.  Due to all the filler on there all I want to do is get on it it and hopefully find what I need within 10 clicks and get off there as fast as possible.

When I click a link to an article I shouldn't then have to go below the fold five times to get to the content.

It's almost like the reading equivalent of a modern "gaming news" Youtube video. You have to get past an ad, 6 minutes of algorithm-pleasing intro with plugs to previous videos and then another ad before you get to the content you wanted to see in the first place.

I mean the info is appreciated for sure, but I don't find it a user-friendly experience to the point that I typically just don't bother anymore and wait for someone to post the news here. It obviously works though so what do I know. *shrug*

1 hour ago, Halandaar said:

I'll just quote a post Black_Knight made last year which pretty much sums up my own experience:

It's almost like the reading equivalent of a modern "gaming news" Youtube video. You have to get past an ad, 6 minutes of algorithm-pleasing intro with plugs to previous videos and then another ad before you get to the content you wanted to see in the first place.

I mean the info is appreciated for sure, but I don't find it a user-friendly experience to the point that I typically just don't bother anymore and wait for someone to post the news here. It obviously works though so what do I know. *shrug*

Thanks, this is really good feedback and yeah I can completely see the point.

I've got to be honest now though. I don;t know how to do better. You are totally right in regard to all the algorythm pleasing content at the top. The issue I;ve always had is that if this isn;t there, then the content itself is not seen on google at all. and 99% of the traffic is from google. So I either do an article with really useful info and all this chaff that everyone gets to see. Or, i don;t include all this, making a more pleasing article with direct info that nobody gets to see.

For me, since I put "hours" of work into it, I obviously want it to get seen and need to do the horrible necessity. I hate it. i honestly hate doing it. It's a complete waste of my time and I;d rather just focus on the important things that people want to know.

I added the Table of contents in-page at the top so that people can easily sip to particular sections, but people don;t see that and the rest of the page is, as you say, full of really useful info. that nobody can find due to poor navigation.

But I'm just one guy, I don't know how to do better and I need help or at least advice on how to organise and present in a better way.

51 minutes ago, regraham said:

I need help or at least advice on how to organise and present in a better way

Apologies for taking the thread quite a way off topic but here's a few suggestions based on this article: https://www.fauxhammer.com/featured/warhammer-imperium-magazine-contents-list-issues-1-80/

First and foremost, you have a block of adverts with your affiliate links for Artis Opus, Element Games etc right at the top of the article. Then you have them again before you even show the Contents of Issue 1. Then you have them again after Issue 10. Then you have them again after Issue 20. And after Issue 30. Simply put, that's too much. I get it that you want to make money off your work, but seeing the same block of adverts that many times before you've even made it half way through the actual content is just obnoxious and breaks up the flow of the article. 

As I see it, there are two ways to solve this: 

Option 1 is to put the block of adverts ONCE at the top of the article, and ONCE at the very bottom, with none interrupting the actual body of the article.

Option 2 might involve more significant changes to the layout of the website, but is in my eyes a better choice: These adverts/affiliate links really should be in the sidebar, meaning they're ALWAYS visible next to any article at any time, without breaking up the flow. Sidebars are perfect for content like this!

Second: The stuff related to your Discord and your most recent video really belongs in the sidebar as well. You even have a section in your sidebar titled "The Fauxhammer Network". That sounds like a PERFECT place for a link to your Discord and your Youtube channel to go.

Third: The images you have for other articles, such as the "Army Points Breakdown" image and link don't need to be that big. You could easily cut out the 40k Imperium logo at the top and just go with the banner of text that says what the article is. It's still enough of a graphic to draw the eye, but also small enough to not completely break the flow of the article.

3 hours ago, regraham said:

Thanks, this is really good feedback and yeah I can completely see the point.

Spoiler

I've got to be honest now though. I don;t know how to do better. You are totally right in regard to all the algorythm pleasing content at the top. The issue I;ve always had is that if this isn;t there, then the content itself is not seen on google at all. and 99% of the traffic is from google. So I either do an article with really useful info and all this chaff that everyone gets to see. Or, i don;t include all this, making a more pleasing article with direct info that nobody gets to see.

For me, since I put "hours" of work into it, I obviously want it to get seen and need to do the horrible necessity. I hate it. i honestly hate doing it. It's a complete waste of my time and I;d rather just focus on the important things that people want to know.

I added the Table of contents in-page at the top so that people can easily sip to particular sections, but people don;t see that and the rest of the page is, as you say, full of really useful info. that nobody can find due to poor navigation.

But I'm just one guy, I don't know how to do better and I need help or at least advice on how to organise and present in a better way.

Aha! I hadn't clocked that you were the hand behind the wheel! @RWJPhas some thoughts I agree with, although if you don't mind I'll send you a PM rather than continue the discussion in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't seen this mentioned yet. Hachette uploaded a video to their youtube channel announcing that Imperium will be available in France from 25th August. I don't speak French so can't confirm if this is a trial period or a full release: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwTdJj0LCH0

Website is here: https://www.hachette-collections.com/fr-fr/collection-warhammer-imperium/

Edited by RWJP