'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

No risk there, if he decided to aid Draak he would have charged in with his axe.  

I know technically Brynjarr would have gone before Odysseus’s smite, but i am kind of waiting to see how that works out before committing to charge or inferno pistol shot as Lys said we could post in whatever order we preferred and it probably be a waste of a shot if smite dose what it says on the tin.

Sorry for delay, I've rolled some dice but need to type up the results.

Basically, most Terminators were saved by combo of AtW or Forcefield, though the Sgt needed to use a FP reroll. It got through on Red 5 and Green 6 though (the last guy is very close to being toast)

Edit: Found a minute to type, added to IC thread.

Having looked at Squad Mode lists, I won't be allowing Furious Charge as a method of withdrawal. It's a Charge, a Move and an Attack, and unlike Bolter Assault it just doesn't make sense to me to allow the order of the two to be swapped. (So if, like Draak, you're already in CC, you can use the Attack but not the move)

Edited by Lysimachus

1 hour ago, Lysimachus said:

Having looked at Squad Mode lists, I won't be allowing Furious Charge as a method of withdrawal. It's a Charge, a Move and an Attack, and unlike Bolter Assault it just doesn't make sense to me to allow the order of the two to be swapped. (So if, like Draak, you're already in CC, you can use the Attack but not the move)

I think that still works for us as if the rest of the squad rallies up towards Draak it lets us pull the shield in enough to hide for at least another turn before running away, and gives those engaged an extra swing to try and tip fights in their favour.

@Trokair - don't forget to call the squad mode :p  (it's a free action)
 (unless Odysseus can append it to his own action - as he does act last? - Lysimachus?)

Edited by A.T.

Yep, that's fine, I'm not going to quibble about who calls it.

However... after more consideration of the available Squad Modes...

Furious Assault is an attacking Mode, and it doesn't seem right to be able to use it to retreat, that's what Regroup is there for?

So to keep things tactical, you have 2 options...

You can call Regroup in order to move away from the Terminators.

Or you can use Furious Assault, move and get your extra Attacks... but you can't retreat. You don't have to move closer to the Terminators... but you can't move further away from them either. (Of course, you can keep the same distance from the enemy and still move closer to each other in order to shrink the force dome)

Hope that is considered fair and reasonable.

7 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Or you can use Furious Assault, move and get your extra Attacks... but you can't retreat. You don't have to move closer to the Terminators... but you can't move further away from them either.

It would have to be furious assault as regroup is a full round action (and therefore would prevent sustaining the shield, etc).

But tactical A (marines 1 & 2) would be the target of the assault - I am assuming at least one if not both are still alive and engaged with Draak ?

Edited by A.T.

11 minutes ago, A.T. said:

But tactical A (marines 1 & 2) would be the target of the assault - I am assuming at least one if not both are still alive and engaged with Draak ?

Oh yeah, excellent point! Ok, so as long as everyone is moving towards the Tacs there is no problem! :thumbsup:

I'll post here rather than getting in the way of people posting IC, the Vt Sgt does indeed have Abhor the Witch and successfully passed his test, so he takes some Wounds and lives on for a few more seconds (at least until Grond swings again...) :laugh:

Gents,

For those of you not checking the Space Hulk OOC thread: my phone took a nosedive into the pavement yesterday and the whole display assembly is absolutely knackered (despite it being in a bleeding case). Annoyingly, my alarm still works but I have no way to turn it off now save for waiting it out and reducing the volume, and waiting for the battery to finally snuff it. At any rate, I have my work laptop with me, and should be able to check in a couple of times a day, time and wifi permitting. Unfortunately, most likely no prose/narrative for our dear chirurgeon for the time being until I can get a replacement phone as I will be out and about with the family, but I will post rolls/combat actions when able as those are more procedure-driven and I can copy/paste formatting and such to streamline the process.

1 hour ago, Lysimachus said:

I'll post here rather than getting in the way of people posting IC, the Vt Sgt does indeed have Abhor the Witch and successfully passed his test, so he takes some Wounds and lives on for a few more seconds (at least until Grond swings again...) :laugh:

It may be saving them from smite but it's one less faith point they have to killing strike us, so i'm counting it as a win :p

Draak, Brynjarr, Svelk, and Decimus get the furious charge bonus as far as I can tell.

Hey all, just a reminder about the downtime, Sibomots has said it will go off between 7-9am Pacific Time tomorrow. That's apparently 3-5pm UK time?

So get any posts you want in before that, otherwise have a good weekend! :thumbsup:

Ok, just wanted to get that post up for Orphiel/Narakiel/Varn!

Now everyone has acted for the FC, I'll be working on updating the main fight through to the end of Round 2, will have that and a Post+Map for Round 3 in the morning!

I'll probably wait for Svelk's Dodge Roll before posting the Round 3 stuff, as it may make quite a difference to things (he may be in some trouble... :unsure:)

However, on a more positive note, as you can see in the IC, you might be getting some reinforcements at some point soon! :biggrin:

Oh :cuss: I've completely forgotten to factor that in!!!

Svelk's fine, everyone, panic averted! :sweat::biggrin:

Will edit that, I think he still takes 1 Hit that you can try to Dodge?

Edited by Lysimachus

And can't wait to see what Orphiel has decided... Will it be a weekend cliffhanger??? :laugh:

Edit: Yep, he's toast! :biggrin: (I added the Furious Assault Actions to the previous summary, as promised!)

Edited by Lysimachus