'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

Excellent! I've added the next summary post, people can post their Bolter Assault actions, then we'll go back to Mol for regular actions!

I'm just working on the next section for Beta too!

Edit: there we go... have fun, Beta! :D

Picture Draak's inexorable charge against the Sisters of Battle as 0:41 to 1:16 of the clip attached. Lancelot's attack on Swamp Castle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJoM7V54T-c

(Edit: typo)

Edited by Machine God

Would there be any bonus to resist on the basis that what the interrogator said as part of the psychic attack was not true/applicable to the individuals believes/history. 

Just though I’d ask, because Brynjarr sees thing rather differently then what the interigator is trying to push into his mind.

Unfortunately that's all tied up with Resistance (Psychic Powers), and your own Willpower and the use of fate points.  It's here though that you have to know the game well to crunch out a chance to beat the mental ambush.

For example, here's my current Baldrick-sized cunning plan....

1. Roleplay Chapter Demeanour (Mutant hatred - Psychics are mutants) for temp 4th FP.
  2. Spend THAT FP for +10 to my test, booting my WP up to 76 (inc Resistance)
  3. Save FP for re-roll just in case
  4. Blow all remaining FP on adding DoS to beat if possible.

Picture Draak's inexorable charge against the Sisters of Battle as 0:41 to 1:16 of the clip attached. Lancelot'a attack on Swamp Castle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJoM7V54T-c

So funny, even now.

@Necro:  You're a poet warrior ser. ;)

Ok placeholder filled
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/370180-to-plunder-the-stars-themselves-episode-2/?p=5771940
I had to write the post in stages, so it took a while.

Edit: Thanks Mazer.

I have written the fluff of how Brynjarr reacts, and made my initial roll, so let’s hope it is enough.

Good Luck Mazer with your post/rolls, Orphiel is our best chance here.

Edited by Trokair

:biggrin.:

@ Necro: If I was still an officer of the Crown, I would do my best for you mate.  For now, please just accept my handsome appreciation.

@Tro: That was fantastic work.  Great post.

EDIT: Just made the roll...:ohmy.::ermm: :unsure.:

Edited by Mazer Rackham

@Lysimachus - 

(x) Ithan: Krak Grenade at Mortifier.
BS42 +20(Size) = 62, Roll: 39, Hit on (39=93) Left Leg.
Left Leg is already disabled, Hit Right Leg instead.
Dam 3d10+4 Pen6
4+10+2+4=20 - AV12(18-6) -TB5 = 3 SI suffered.

Ithan should get another die roll for Righteous Fury

Just a thought that springs to mind for Alpha, Draak has moved right up to the Sisters, and it will be Sister E's (the Heavy Bolter) go after the Bolter Assault ends and the Traveller's main actions... just in case anyone wants to help out before she unloads a FAB... :D

So Svelk gets to do the shooty bit of his bolter assault with the aim bonus and then move?

Yep, I don't see why not!

Edit: Damn, likes for the day are gone again!

Edited by Lysimachus

After reading the updates, and bearing in mind that Brynjarr is somewhat muddleled by the psychic onslaught I can’t see him attacking yet. I most defiantly can see him however rushing forward to protect Orphiel from Radago’s attack. While we are not in squad mode, such an action is very much within both his character and training as a Breacher, and in the spirit of his the defensive squad mode Protect the Fallen.

So what can Brynjarr do to match the intent of defending/protecting. Can I attempt to parry the attack against Orphiel, or assist with dodge, or just throw myself in the way (and if so shield first obviously).

In short: No, you can't...

But - this is what your Squad Mode states (important qualifier in orange):

MARINES ERRANT DEFENSIVE STANCE:
PROTECT THE FALLEN
Action: Reaction
Cost: 1
Sustained: Yes
Effects: The preservation of their Chapter’s gene-seed means that Marines Errant must be mindful of every brother that falls in battle, protecting his body whether he yet clings to life or not. A dedicated Kill-team can uses this training to shield their fallen from harm, or reduce the terrible effects of wounds on those which have already suffered Damage. The Battle-Brother and any members of his Kill-team within Support Range may protect their brothers from grievous injury by interposing themselves between a fallen brother and harm. While this ability is active, a Battle-Brother may use his Reaction to move up to twice his Agility Bonus to protect another member of his squad from an attack, if that member has either been knocked prone and/or has suffered Critical Damage.

If the Battle-Brother’s movement would be sufficient to reach the squad member the Battle-Brother is struck by the attack instead,
with all the normal consequences. Battle-Brothers defending their brothers in this way may not Dodge the attack but may Parry it as part of their Reaction. If the attack has an area of effect which would affect both the Battle-Brother and the squad member he is trying to protect, then the squad member gains cover against the attack with Armour Points equal to the Battle-Brothers Armour Points on his torso location.

It would have to be GM Fiat, but I might grease the wheels with demeanour roleplay? :whistling:

And we'd have enough Cohesion...
Edited by Mazer Rackham

I think that sounds very appropriate. How about we say Brynjarr uses his half Action to get his Shield in the way of Radago's strike, and the Damage goes against Brynjarr's AV (Shield and Arm) and TB instead of Orphiel's?

Edit: Ninja'd by Mazer, that certainly works too! :D