'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

@Necro - Had me some of that Alberta Beef when I was over there training. Wasn't fussed with Letterkenny I preferred Trailer Park Boys.

@Lysimachus - What is Toks doing, did you roll Initiative for him?

(Edit: Remembered Toks)

Letterkenny (earlier seasons) and Trailer Park Boys are religion in my house.

Certainly seems to me like a bolter assault is in order. Beyond that, your combi-melta might be the key we need...!

If memory serves, our resident techmarine is the one toting around hardware with any notable armor pen.

Yes he was Tinkering around with something Combi-Plasma orientated.

I assume that Bolter Assault is still active for Orphiel and Brynjarr from before, despite them being out of line of sight of each other at the moment, and can therefore be used?

Correct on the LOS, at Rank 1-3 we have to be within 30m and have visual to qualify for Support Range.

As for Bolter Assault, unfortunately this is a new combat, so we would have to initiate Squad Mode, then declare BA, and we do not have enough Cohesion to even pay for it.  Actually passing a Cohesion Test is difficult with our current score.

Thanks, I was not sure but was being hopeful, alas it is not going to be.

Just for my understanding, so in the initiative list Orphiel and Brynjarr are listed as (SQUAD) which I took to mean they were in squad mode still. Is this a hangover from earlier, or is this an indicative that the two are ready to enter squad mode if the opportunity presents itself (compared to Radango who is (SOLO))?

Lastly, and I think I meant to ask this last combat but forgot, when dose Bolter Mastery apply to my shoots? I think I got myself confussed on that at some point and haven’t used it since.

Derp, yeah it's a hangover from previous Battle, you would start in Squad Mode if you can see each other... I'll be generous and assume you can through the side window?

So you can do a Bolter Assault, but you'd need to contribute 2 Fate Points between you (to give you a total of 4, 3 for the Squad Action and 1 to maintain Cohesion). But you'd only get the first turn out of it, as you'll move out of visual contact and drop into Solo Mode as soon as you use it?

Bolter Mastery only works in Solo Mode though (crb.pg86) so it's not all bad!

Mol makes an excellent point, you need at least 1 more Cohesion to do a Bolter Assault, so at least 1 FP contribution if you want to call it.

I'll get Sister B's SoF save rolled soon (unlikely, so she's probably toast) and then roll for Sister E's heavy bolter.

@AT: could you please just remind me of the radius of the shield and how many extra AP it provides?

Edit: 15m R and 6AP, found it!

Unless I am missing something, and as we will drop out of squad mode once we break our already tenuous line of sight, we may as well go solo for now.

Once we reunite further in we can see if any of the general squad modes, or any chapter specific ones we have (Brynjarr has Confined Combat should we ever get into really narrow corridors or the like) will be of use and worth attempting getting back into squad mode.

Mol makes an excellent point, you need at least 1 more Cohesion to do a Bolter Assault, so at least 1 FP contribution if you want to call it.

I'll get Sister B's SoF save rolled soon (unlikely, so she's probably toast) and then roll for Sister E's heavy bolter.

@AT: could you please just remind me of the radius of the shield and how many extra AP it provides?

Edit: 15m R and 6AP, found it!

Is that including the 1FP I contributed? Our Cohesion should be at 4 now.

Doh, you're quite right Necro, I forgot you spent those FP. Yep, so 4 Cohesion means you can run BA, but as Mol says if anything causes you to lose that final Cohesion point you'll all drop back to Solo Mode!

There have been a few changes in the Round already, I'll quickly put up a new post/pic showing them and where we now are (plus I forgot to mark out where Odysseus' shield is, so I'll add that on too!)

Speaking of Odysseus, @AT: I've decided on Ithan's behalf not to use his Dodge on a measly 2 Wounds as he might need it more later, do you want to do the same with the 1 that got through to you?

Edit: By the way, @Beren as long as you stay out from under the colonnades, the ceiling is high enough for you to jump pack around without any penalties!

Edited by Lysimachus

Speaking of Odysseus, @AT: I've decided on Ithan's behalf not to use his Dodge on a measly 2 Wounds as he might need it more later, do you want to do the same with the 1 that got through to you?

There was no-one left to attack Odysseus before his action refreshed so I rolled (and failed).

Free action and regular action taken. Someone is going to want to get around behind this thing with a suitably large weapon - krak grenades to the front arn't going to do it.

Free action and regular action taken. Someone is going to want to get around behind this thing with a suitably large weapon - krak grenades to the front arn't going to do it.

The Morty as posted by Lysimachus does not have a Front / Back AV, only the one value.

Ok, added the final Bolter Assault actions to the last summary post, so we're back to Svelk's regular actions, then Decimus, then the Mortifier.

Yep, the Morty is like a character/monster rather than a vehicle for Armour, same back as front. And no particular weak spots, as it's designed to keep the penitent/victim alive as long as possible. But you're doing ok, SI points removed so far are:

Sarcophagus: 0

Right Arm: 9

Left Arm: 0

Right Leg: 1

Left Leg: 7

Ok, added the final Bolter Assault actions to the last summary post, so we're back to Svelk's regular actions, then Decimus, then the Mortifier.

Yep, the Morty is like a character/monster rather than a vehicle for Armour, same back as front. And no particular weak spots, as it's designed to keep the penitent/victim alive as long as possible. But you're doing ok, SI points removed so far are:

Sarcophagus: 0

Right Arm: 9

Left Arm: 0

Right Leg: 1

Left Leg: 7

Fair enough -- I thought A. T. might have been into something (at least narratively), figured I'd build upon it for fun.

Oh, there's definitely a workaround to take it down, you've just got to figure it out! ;)

Edit: or keep throwing Kraks in, it is working... just maybe not before it gets into CC...

Edit edit: for clarity, Hits on Head and Body are considered to Hit the Sarcophagus! :D

Edited by Lysimachus

Oh, there's definitely a workaround to take it down, you've just got to figure it out! ;)

Edit: or keep throwing Kraks in, it is working... just maybe not before it gets into CC...

Edit edit: for clarity, Hits on Head and Body are considered to Hit the Sarcophagus! :D

Ah, quite. Yes perhaps we might take a closer look at the remote control the now-deceased sister-superior produced at the start of combat? Our plucky friend Svelk could jet on over for a look if he so pleases? Edited by Necronaut

Ah, quite. Yes perhaps we might take a closer look at the remote control the now-deceased sister-superior produced at the start of combat? Our plucky friend Svelk could jet on over for a look if he so pleases?
Probably just turns the Frenzy on and off