'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

I will certainly try on the fluff side, as it is so in character.

Yea, I know that Protect the Fallen if meant for when things are more dire (as I am pretty sure, despite the hit from the powers word, that you would not be critical yet). Coming out of a psychic assault everything will seem pretty dire.

Time to start writing the scene.

Edit: Just saw Lysimachus’s post, sounds fair to me, off to write.

Edit the second:
Can I use my reaction to attempt a parry with the shield? The shield is a -20 to parry as is (on account of off its bulkiness no doubt) so chance of success is low already.

Edited by Trokair

Now I'm going to kill this psychic bastard!

:D

You certainly have, no chance of Dodging all of those hits!

I'll end Structured Time for Beta and add an update...

Edit: Damn board has let me start liking posts again... I still don't understand what time of day they refresh... :P

Edit: Damn board has let me start liking posts again... I still don't understand what time of day they refresh... :tongue.:

TGFT, I'm out of Fate... :sweat:

Thanks for a great combat GM, and for your largesse. :yes:

Cheers to Tro as well for some great interaction and amazing play.

Now I'm going to kill this psychic bastard!

:biggrin.:

Edit: Damn board has let me start liking posts again... I still don't understand what time of day they refresh... :tongue.:

If Jinto dodges Scylla's hits he gets killed by Charybdis' shots and vice versa.

Squad Beta better hope that Jinto hasn't got some 'Dead Man's Trap' - like all the cell doors open when he dies. But that would be Nasty.

(Edit: Nasty thought)

Edited by Machine God

If he'd survived to Round 2, that was an option I was considering, but he just didn't have time! :lol:

Just working on the next post.

Anyway, updated post#959 with Alpha's Bolter Assault actions, just need Odysseus' and then we can go back to Traveller and regular Initiative order?

No worries, I'll add it now!

Sister C is on 18/18

Sister D is on 07/18

Mortifier has taken Structural Integrity Damage in total:

Sarcophagus: 0

Right Arm: 17

Left Arm: 2

Right Leg: 20

Left Leg: 31 (Left Leg has been Disabled)

No worries, I'll add it now!

Sister C is on 18/18

Sister D is on 07/18

Mortifier has taken Structural Integrity Damage in total:

Sarcophagus: 0

Right Arm: 17

Left Arm: 2

Right Leg: 20

Left Leg: 31 (Left Leg has been Disabled)

@Lysimachus - Sister E has to dodge 10 from Svelk (Damage to Body: 15 - 1 (AV9 - 8 Pen) - 4 (TGH) = 10)

(Edit: Added Svelk's damage (63 = 36 [body?])

Edited by Machine God

Sister E got hit by Vesalius at the start of the Round, failed her Dodge then?

So Svelk's shot was enough to take her out, just C and D and the Mortifier left! :)

Edit: and just in case it got missed, Odysseus took his BA shot and missed, so the list of remaining targets above is still correct!

Edited by Lysimachus

Sounds interesting...

Svelk, Decimus and Odysseus are all due to go before the Mortifier - it doesn't matter too much which of them goes first, so feel free to post in whatever order among the three of you?

Also, rolled Dodge and SoF for Sister C and she failed miserably, so she is out!

(Side point, is your Power Sword from a different book Mol, or is that just a different way of writing it? Errata says its 1d10+6 +10(SB) Pen6, which seems like it would average about the same as 2d10+10 Pen6? I guess 2d10 gives you a greater range of outcomes (both higher and lower), whereas 1d10+6 smoothes out the curve a bit? Just curious! :D)

Sister C is tied up in melee by The Traveller, I know that we have to deal with the Mortifier but could someone deal with Sister D?

Draak has a cunning plan and the skills to see it through.

Hopefully it's not something along these lines...

[Youtube]

Edited by Necronaut

It appears I've accidentally used the pre-errata stats - they were what was on my character sheet and I didn't double-check.

I'm happy to roll again or for you to roll for me - alternately, to take the lowest of my two D10. Whatever you prefer.

@Lysimachus - Where did the hooded Tech Adepts go? They're not marked on the map.

The machine seems somehow dormant though, having to be herded into the chamber by a pair of hooded figures that appear to be something between serf and tech-adept. They scuttle away again as the construct moves to stand over Sister Carlina's body. Her squad have positioned themselves to either side of the stairs, both to shelter behind the stone balustrades and to allow space for the walker to pass between them.

Nah, it's cool, one of the rolls was a 6 so you got what you would have got anyway! :)

I'm happy to just say she's down, 1 Wound left isn't much threat to anyone, and the Marines at that end of the Chapel are about to be kinda busy anyway!

Oh and the tech serfs ran away back through the doors, not fighters at all!

Edit: Time to see what Draak's cunning plan was...

Edited by Lysimachus