'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

Very nice gents! Did any more of those 10's for Initiative come from using a FP, or is everyone just rolling super hot? :D

So, we just need Odysseus' roll for Alpha, and Radago's roll for Beta, then I'll start getting Rounds started and maps up, etc.

Edit: I think Trypanon is a Stalker, not Combi-melta, but with an aim should still do a solid amount of Dam! (I'm still really looking forward to using Titus' Huntsman in Blackthorn! :lol:)

Edited by Lysimachus

Very nice gents! Did any more of those 10's for Initiative come from using a FP, or is everyone just rolling super hot? :D

So, we just need Odysseus' roll for Alpha, and Radago's roll for Beta, then I'll start getting Rounds started and maps up, etc.

Edit: I think Trypanon is a Stalker, not Combi-melta, but with an aim should still do a solid amount of Dam! (I'm still really looking forward to using Titus' Huntsman in Blackthorn! :lol:)

Yes sadly Vesalius has but a humble stalker pattern boltgun, but he'll manage somehow. And yes, his initiative roll was a natural 10. We're going to Vegas, baby!

A Kine Shield might help

Odysseus has had his shield up since the tunnel explosion - as long as he doesn't need to run around it's free to maintain.

Doesn't help you at all in close combat though. If anyone wants to go toe to toe with the Penitent Engine the Odysseus can use his squad mode to extend the Iron Arm power to them granting one bonus parry roll per round, with bonuses.

Vesalius has a squad mode ability which would be rather beneficial in this situation: Exploit Weakness (allows for damage to be rerolled; second roll must be taken). As I have not spent any of his Fate Points yet, I could spend one right off the bat to bump our cohesion back up to 4. However, this would preclude us from performing a Bolter Assault. I think I will spend the Fate Point regardless, but do we want to stick with the plan of trying to blitz the Mortifier down? 

Edit: I believe I'll open things up by trying to place a Krak grenade right in between the Mortifier and Sister B, as I have not used any of my explosives yet, plus spend the Fate Point.

Edited by Necronaut

@Necro: I'm happy to say with the reroll you caught the sister in the edge of the blast. So you can make a wound roll against her too, although she will have extra AP from the stairs and will probably try to Dodge too...

That said, if you wanted to save your second FP, your first roll would have been a hit on the Morty due to Size (+20), but then I'd argue you were targeting the machine specifically so couldn't also hit the sister... your choice!

I completely forgot about the size modifier! However, I believe I will still spend the second Fate Point in the interest of attempting to whittle down additional HP and/or force enemy reactions.

Edit: updated round 1 post.

Edited by Necronaut

And that's Beta's fight set up too! I'll get the officer's Actions up in a mo.

Edit: Actions added to post. You're up next, Sobek! :D

Edited by Lysimachus

@Necro - Had me some of that Alberta Beef when I was over there training. Wasn't fussed with Letterkenny I preferred Trailer Park Boys.

@Lysimachus - What is Toks doing, did you roll Initiative for him?

(Edit: Remembered Toks)

Edited by Machine God