'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

Edit: Actually that causes a little bit of a conflict/confusion based upon how you read the RAW on p.146...

Yes, chalk that up to another classic FFG marble gargle.

EDIT:

Although I think this is the operator:

"Space Marines may use weapons scaled for normal humans without penalty if they choose, although the GM may wish to require that the Space Marine take an
extra action or two to remove parts that get in the way (such as the trigger guard or the stock!)."

No mention of armour here, (but I take your point as by RAW).

And:

"Poor Manual Dexterity: While protective, armoured gloves are not ideal for fine manipulation. Delicate tasks suffer a –10 penalty unless using equipment designed for Space Marines. Similarly, ranged weapons other than those of Astartes design are too small for an armoured Battle-Brother to wield at all..."

So:

In armour, no Lasguns.  Out of armour, Lasguns but no trigger guards or stocks.

It works, but it's just a bit clunky.
Edited by Mazer Rackham

Squad Beta:

What would concern you however, if you had seen it, is what happens while the cases are being transferred into the hold. A small shadowy shape detaches itself from the pipework that runs into the Hive and resolves into a figure that casually joins the crew of dockers doing the loading. The figure climbs aboard the shuttle with a heavy box in its arms... but does not come out again.

Can we roll Perception or similar to try and spot this infiltrator?

Just a little thought for Alpha, although MG has put one aspect of Necro's suggested plan into action (and it was certainly a necessary step, so good job!) I think Necro was just posting it to start a discussion rather than 'this IS the plan' :P So if anyone has any other ideas/options, feel free to suggest them for discussion?

@Tro: Sorry, now you can roll Awareness if you want! :D

@Lysi :o

YES! Did I finally manage to do something that properly surprised you!? :lol:

GM: What is our current altitude?

Out of atmosphere, so you can't chuck him out without killing Holger, Lang and the other crewmen too...

YES! Did I finally manage to do something that properly surprised you!? :laugh.:

Hmm, a little... ;)

Here was I expecting some kind of murder-hobo..!

Out of atmosphere, so you can't chuck him out without killing Holger, Lang and the other crewmen too...

Decisions, decisions....

The lines between IC and OOC are becoming blurred (bold emphasis mine). :biggrin.:

This is why I love the RPG Nook.  The audience has such a refined palate. :cool.:

So when is Orphiel going to shoot the stupid kid then?

*Checks watch.*

*Sniffs.*

Maybe give it five?

I’m not certain, given the day he has had, but I have a feeling Brynjarr would be honour bound to intervene if you tried to kill Mathias at this point.

So erm, don’t, please.

That said I have no idea what to do with the kid otherwise, the IG are hardly a regular chapter.

Do they even have the means to make Marines and so on? I seem to remember something along the lines that the Tyrant is trying, but not whether he can.

I’m not certain, given the day he has had, but I have a feeling Brynjarr would be honour bound to intervene if you tried to kill Mathias at this point.

So erm, don’t, please.

That said I have no idea what to do with the kid otherwise, the IG are hardly a regular chapter.

Do they even have the means to make Marines and so on? I seem to remember something along the lines that the Tyrant is trying, but not whether he can.

@Trokair - The IG don't have the capacity at the moment, but they've had an Apothecary join lately. A crazy nut of a one mind you with airs of greatness, a Fabulous Bill in the making perhaps. Care to donate some Marines Errant gene seed?

In answer to Tro's question, from the IT:

Although only recently given the full rank of Inquisitor, De Corte is a shrewd and thorough investigator, and is convinced that the Iron Gods are a far greater threat than many of his peers realize. Much of the Inquisitor’s fear stems from his belief that he has discovered a pattern in many of the items taken as tribute by the pirate lord in the years since the desertion of the traitor Magos Octavius. De Corte feels sure that the ambitious master of the Iron Gods has put his Mechanicus ally to work sourcing and building a compact genetics laboratory complete with its own cloning facilities, with the obvious goal of replicating Astartes gene seed. Even more worrying to De Corte is the possibility that this goal has already been attained, as several of the Iron Gods most recent raids, on worlds such as Ksergha IV and the hives of Cordis VII, have been accompanied by unconfirmed reports of the abduction of a handful of prepubescent male children. De Corte’s many critics claim that the young Inquisitor’s theories are absurd, that there is not the slightest chance that Talek Varn could have gained the power to create warriors of the Adeptus Astartes, and that De Corte is simply trying to make more of his first assignment than is truly there. However, in the unlikely event he should be correct, the threat posed by the Iron Gods may prove to be far greater than any of the servants of Terra ever realized.

So, not as far as anyone knows for sure...

Also, while I'm not going to dictate actions to anyone, I'd certainly prefer you didn't kill him... :D