Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine II - Q3/Q4 2024

On a more serious note perhaps, we don't know how long he was away from the chapter. Every company needs a captain to lead it. It'd make sense when he disappeared that someone would quickly take his place, as the company would be needed to be led somewhere.  On the reverse I so no reason to assume there'd be a vacant spot upon his return, there's only 10 companies or 10 spots.

3 hours ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

On a more serious note perhaps, we don't know how long he was away from the chapter. Every company needs a captain to lead it. It'd make sense when he disappeared that someone would quickly take his place, as the company would be needed to be led somewhere.  On the reverse I so no reason to assume there'd be a vacant spot upon his return, there's only 10 companies or 10 spots.

Of course, but being missing it's no reason to demote him. Sicarius' ship got lost in the warp for years and when he came back he no longer was the 2nd company captain (a primaris was now doing his old job). So Guilliman made Sicarius the leader of the Victrix Guard with the same rank.

Top level officers usually fall upwards or are given other jobs, and only the emperor knows how many UM captains with gold trim exist. But a space marine being demoted in 40K is a very rare punishment in organizations that usually gives suicide missions as a last resort to save face.

Edited by lansalt

1 hour ago, Lord Marshal said:

image0-7.jpg

I need jump assault intercessors in my life so bad for my Templars. Hopefully their inclusion in the game prompts their release as a kit.

Edited by Khornestar

Well, ive considered it a no brainer since the first trailer they'd be coming. Don't need me no rumors to figure that one out.

Even if the image technically just the two mooks he had in the original trailer also sharing in the aerial segments rather than on foot.

Still the eventual kit is what will mark my crusade's completion.

19 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

Jump pack troops: yes please. Though I don't care for the rocket boots heels. 

Said heels attached. I like the look but it’s an additional armor feature/system that he can’t just swap out. I imagine it will be mission-based.

7483FB57-F71F-42A4-851B-CEE4551B5DFE.jpeg

5 hours ago, Khornestar said:

Said heels attached. I like the look but it’s an additional armor feature/system that he can’t just swap out. I imagine it will be mission-based.

Isn’t that the whole point of the MkX armor though - mission-based armor adjustment where they add on or remove components and plating based on needs?

Those small thrusters on the rear lower legs look incredibly similar to what the Suppressors utilize, which makes me think it’s an armor component that bolts on instead of the standard rear round plate at the back of the leg on Tacticus armor.  They don’t have the over the instep/dorsum plate on the foot or the large round ankle gyro plates because they don’t have the anti-grav ski plate things.  The jump thrusters look similar to the Inceptors, but their packs don’t appear as heavy, with the thrusters in place of the lower, outer small ball vent thrusters on the Suppressor packs (probably because they don’t have the anti-grav plates and need more thrust to jump).

Edited by Bryan Blaire

16 hours ago, lansalt said:

Of course, but being missing it's no reason to demote him. Sicarius' ship got lost in the warp for years and when he came back he no longer was the 2nd company captain (a primaris was now doing his old job). So Guilliman made Sicarius the leader of the Victrix Guard with the same rank.

Top level officers usually fall upwards or are given other jobs, and only the emperor knows how many UM captains with gold trim exist. But a space marine being demoted in 40K is a very rare punishment in organizations that usually gives suicide missions as a last resort to save face.

They can also take over the secondary role de facto of the captain eg fleet captain 

There is a way to get separate leg thrusters, if attention to detail is a need. Only need to shave of the rectangular socket at the back of the leg.

Regarding the game i think the jump thrusters might all either be just plugged on the regular armour, similar to how the first game handled it. Though one can argue that the first game did it wrong since it strapped a full jumppack over a full powerpack, which I'm fairly certain isn't doable on old marks.

31 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

There is a way to get separate leg thrusters, if attention to detail is a need. Only need to shave of the rectangular socket at the back of the leg.

Regarding the game i think the jump thrusters might all either be just plugged on the regular armour, similar to how the first game handled it. Though one can argue that the first game did it wrong since it strapped a full jumppack over a full powerpack, which I'm fairly certain isn't doable on old marks.

it was jump-pack part that straps over powerpack, basically the air intake and thrusters just slot over powerpack. Could been game magic too

Something I just noticed rewatching it. Titus was arrested by an inquisitor assisted by Black Templars. Now he has crossed Rubicon Primaris, was demoted to Lieutenant... and his weapon is chained to his arm, Templar style. I wonder if this hints at some repentance done under Templar guidance?

TAclQPf.jpg

Edited by Kastor Krieg