World Eaters Points/Rules leaks

27 minutes ago, betrayer41 said:

Lol I’m still Holding out on red butcher minis. I asked WHC on insta under one of their posts if we’d be getting new RB minis. And they actually responded I’d have to wait and see. Lol unless someone on their end was having a bad a day and y mean, then I don’t think they’d go out of their way to respond to a random insta comment if it were a no. Lol holding on to that tiny thread of hope

They have previously said "wait and see" instead of "no."

5 hours ago, betrayer41 said:

Lol I’m still Holding out on red butcher minis. I asked WHC on insta under one of their posts if we’d be getting new RB minis. And they actually responded I’d have to wait and see. Lol unless someone on their end was having a bad a day and y mean, then I don’t think they’d go out of their way to respond to a random insta comment if it were a no. Lol holding on to that tiny thread of hope

gonna indulge in being a bit of a downer here
never take what WHC posts too seriously, be it rumour engine text or comment replies. something could be in the pipeline to be revealed in a week or the day before never and WHC will answer it all the same :geek:

The codex cover is quite good, I think I will buy my second codex in more than twenty years just for old time sake.

Is this also a WE codex in a looong time, or am I wrong? I lost track of the played game and rules, as I am only a painter and collector.

Curious about what a future box will hold with the various rumor floating around.

Hm. Unsold on the eight bound. An odd mishmash of terminator and power armpit aesthetics with too much bare flesh. And I agree the terminators look odd. Jackhals are nice but basically just cultists.

Can’t help but think they could have simply gone for any of the following: world eaters assault marines, red butchers, jugger cavalry, beastmen cultists, revamped mutilators, and it would have been better received. 

8 minutes ago, jimbo1701 said:

Hm. Unsold on the eight bound. An odd mishmash of terminator and power armpit aesthetics with too much bare flesh. And I agree the terminators look odd. Jackhals are nice but basically just cultists.

Can’t help but think they could have simply gone for any of the following: world eaters assault marines, red butchers, jugger cavalry, beastmen cultists, revamped mutilators, and it would have been better received. 

And bikers

1 hour ago, jimbo1701 said:

Of course. What do we reckon for the army box then? One of each unit (save angron) sounds too good to be true. 

No mention of a box or a special edition Codex so I am going to guess there won't be one.

I like the new minis for the most part, but yeah, there's just too much potential missing from that roster for me to actually be excited about this.

• Berzerker bikers
  • Assault marines
  • Cult terminators
  • Khorngor beastmen
  • Blood slaughterers
  • More HQ options like warpsmiths or some kind of slaughterpriest type
  • Maybe some new daemon engines drawing on the old Epic minis like the doom blaster, blood reaper or cauldron of blood

Given how most of my games these days are friendly ones with plenty of room for house rules, I'll probably just come up with a homebrew expanded codex and use that instead.

Edited by Tymell

I think one reason the termies look odd is because they are painted in a very "clean" studio style, without much weathering- also them having lots of flat surfaces on their armor makes the colors seem off. The new Eightbound guys have armor that is semi-musculature molded, so there is more depth and variety to the color scheme than the plain termie armor. Painted up properly weathered and/or bloody, the termies should look fine. 

So TSons have kind of been poster boys for truncated rosters in 40k but with the eight bound being a dual kit, juggerlord being a dual kit, and exalted sorcerers allowing you to build 3 generics out of 1 kit.  Aren't WE actually behind TSons in kits?

Eight bound is just the same 3 guys repeated for both squads. 

So you have eightbound, juggerlord, berserkers, jackals, and Angron.  Jackals aren't that far removed from just cultists to me honestly and are competing in the same slot with berzerkers. 

I was pretty down on what we saw before today but the juggerlord looks like a great model to me without the chainsaw horn.  I really want to use one, however, I don't like the eightbound.  If I made an army maxing out berzerkers and brought a juggerlord I am 500 points short of a 2k list because I don't want to put 500 points into the same 3 models repeated 4 times.

1 minute ago, DesuVult said:

So TSons have kind of been poster boys for truncated rosters in 40k but with the eight bound being a dual kit, juggerlord being a dual kit, and exalted sorcerers allowing you to build 3 generics out of 1 kit.  Aren't WE actually behind TSons in kits?

Eight bound is just the same 3 guys repeated for both squads. 

So you have eightbound, juggerlord, berserkers, jackals, and Angron.  Jackals aren't that far removed from just cultists to me honestly and are competing in the same slot with berzerkers. 

I was pretty down on what we saw before today but the juggerlord looks like a great model to me without the chainsaw horn.  I really want to use one, however, I don't like the eightbound.  If I made an army maxing out berzerkers and brought a juggerlord I am 500 points short of a 2k list because I don't want to put 500 points into the same 3 models repeated 4 times.

This whole WE launch seems so half assed. I feel bad for khorne fans, they got it even worse then TS. 

I was all in on World Eaters when the Berserkers were shown, and everything since then has pushed me further away from that idea. Individually some of the models are cool, but the overall package is a huge disappointment. I’m kind of dreading Emperors Children now and I’ve been looking forward to that for literal years now. 

9 minutes ago, fire golem said:

I was all in on World Eaters when the Berserkers were shown, and everything since then has pushed me further away from that idea. Individually some of the models are cool, but the overall package is a huge disappointment. I’m kind of dreading Emperors Children now and I’ve been looking forward to that for literal years now. 

Pretty much how I feel. Berzerkers and Juggerlord look amazing, everything else is just fine. Maybe the rest of the models will grow on me like Khorne range in AOS did. 

I'm just afraid that rules won't be much of an improvement. At least Thousand Sons have their psychic powers bringing some depth and tricks on the tabletop but what are WE going to get?