World Eaters Points/Rules leaks

They really do sound fair and balanced IMO.

Other than the +1S and attack on the charge, there aren’t many buffs in this army from base rules alone, unlike most other armies.

Only ones I can think of: reroll 1’s to hit from daemon prince aura, +2” move from juggerlords aura, reroll 1’s to wound from Khârn aura (where he kills your own models). Some stuff from Angron, who is a 360 point model.

To get the blood tithe buffs, the player’s own units have to die, as well as the opponent’s. 

Edited by Khornestar

Other than bringing Angron back, it seems like it is. I'd need to give it another read, but Sigmar has a mechanic like this and by the end of the power creep it was one of the worst army rules of its kind. 

I'd rather have had slightly more potent effects that don't last all game, but this is fine. Secondaries are where I raise my eyebrows a bit.

9 minutes ago, Marshal Valkenhayn said:

Other than bringing Angron back, it seems like it is. I'd need to give it another read, but Sigmar has a mechanic like this and by the end of the power creep it was one of the worst army rules of its kind. 

I'd rather have had slightly more potent effects that don't last all game, but this is fine. Secondaries are where I raise my eyebrows a bit.

Even then, he’s deep striking when he comes back, which means you’re rolling for a 9” charge or 8” at best, so there’s a big chance he’s just gonna stand there and eat bullets/lasers/missiles/smites and die again having achieved nothing. 8 wounds Angron is easy to take down.

That might mean an extra unit survives until the next turn that would have otherwise been shot to death, which is significant, but spending the blood tithe points on buffs is always going to have their effects apply. 

It’s nice to have options, and the buffs *are* good, but I’m seeing a lot of hot takes that think WE are going to be absolutely busted and my thoughts are mid-tier at best.

We’ll see!

Edited by Khornestar

Ouch Those prices... Eighbound are taking a money tithe already... :confused: Are they like a box of 3?!... if yes then that's stupidly priced...even for GW!

I think when Angron is finished they'll name it planet meatball instead... :laugh:

and speaking of Angry Ron, i actually like the Non screaming face better (glad there's an optional head, although my guess is one head with two faces...GW never gives useful extra's... )

M.  

++EDIT++

yeah the tithe points and Angron may in the end be a bit frustrating For WE players...It might be a double edged sword  Axe ,I think we'll end up seeing people trying to avoid getting him killed till they're a bit deeper into the opponents board... Fast moving shooty armies might just be the bane of WE armies... Kill him then run away he comes back ...doesn't get close enough...dies again, run away... repeat... get angry at the game like you really have nails in your head :angry:... opponent thinks you're really getting into character... and chooses not to play against you next time your in the store :tongue:  

Edited by Mumeishi

2 hours ago, Mumeishi said:

Ouch Those prices... Eighbound are taking a money tithe already... :confused: Are they like a box of 3?!... if yes then that's stupidly priced...even for GW!

I think when Angron is finished they'll name it planet meatball instead... :laugh:

and speaking of Angry Ron, i actually like the Non screaming face better (glad there's an optional head, although my guess is one head with two faces...GW never gives useful extra's... )

M.  

++EDIT++

yeah the tithe points and Angron may in the end be a bit frustrating For WE players...It might be a double edged sword  Axe ,I think we'll end up seeing people trying to avoid getting him killed till they're a bit deeper into the opponents board... Fast moving shooty armies might just be the bane of WE armies... Kill him then run away he comes back ...doesn't get close enough...dies again, run away... repeat... get angry at the game like you really have nails in your head :angry:... opponent thinks you're really getting into character... and chooses not to play against you next time your in the store :tongue:  

Well some army's with the ability to intercept deep strikes will be his bane, as will anything that has a push back on your deep strike (infiltrator omniscrablers).

To be fair though he isn't hard to remove and in all honesty it would probably be better to just Bring him on turn 2 from SR. At least that way your entire army is in position to threaten at the same time instead of one model who frankly is easy to kill. 

Compared to both Magnus and Mortarion, Angron is pretty fragile. Having said that, he is fast and hits like a freight train with the ability to butcher chaff, elite infantry and big creatures alike.

I think the best use of Angron is going to be in a mechanised list as a massive distraction. Stuff plenty of Beserker squads into Rhinos to close with the enemy quickly. Turn one, Advance Angron into a threatening position while the Rhinos zoom up. Your opponent is not going to have enough high S weaponry to kill Angron AND the Rhinos so will have to choose. In the best case scenario, they might even split their fire, fail to kill Angron and not pop all the Rhinos.

And even if the opponent concentrates fire and takes down Angron, they are still likely to find the Beserkers hitting their lines on T2 with a very good chance of Angron being resummoned via Bloodtithe.

2 hours ago, Karhedron said:

Compared to both Magnus and Mortarion, Angron is pretty fragile. Having said that, he is fast and hits like a freight train with the ability to butcher chaff, elite infantry and big creatures alike.

I think the best use of Angron is going to be in a mechanised list as a massive distraction. Stuff plenty of Beserker squads into Rhinos to close with the enemy quickly. Turn one, Advance Angron into a threatening position while the Rhinos zoom up. Your opponent is not going to have enough high S weaponry to kill Angron AND the Rhinos so will have to choose. In the best case scenario, they might even split their fire, fail to kill Angron and not pop all the Rhinos.

And even if the opponent concentrates fire and takes down Angron, they are still likely to find the Beserkers hitting their lines on T2 with a very good chance of Angron being resummoned via Bloodtithe.

Conversely, I think the best way to fight against him will be to get advantageous positioning, where he has to charge a screen. The screen you want him after needs to be something that will die, since you can't fall back and needs to be spaced far enough forward as to not allow a consolidation into another unit, so that you have another opportunity to unload on him. This may not always be possible, but definitely the way I'd do it.

From the World Eaters side, you'll want enough shooting that you might be able to clear such a screen and break through the line though. Adding in Helbrutes, Terminators, maybe a Predator will be important to having some ranged threat to make the force more flexible.

The whole game buffs makes an MSU build quite appealing indeed. 3x1 Spawn, anyone? Also seems to make Jakhals a bit more useful if they're like 60 points each.

Love that since it's 'any unit', MSU flesh hounds can be an early game annoyance and add cheap tithe for second wave.

Cost of Eightbound is disappoint, but not unexpected. I'll stick to plan of bashing extra bits from them on to new Possessed. End up with more models, and more variety! Even if some of the arms are 'too big' for regular possessed, that's more of a feature than a bug on proper Khorney lads.

That'll be my only purchases up front, though... I've 2 Juggerlords that have been languishing for 2 editions so I'm gonna run them for a bit as I consider new Invocatus. Angron himself is a 'sometime maybe' project. I prefer the infantry / horde style WE over monster mash in general.

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

2 hours ago, Nephaston said:

Jakhals in todays article.

Nice to see Berzerker Surgeons mentioned again, as they continue to be elusive background information. Also the article makes it sound like Jakhals replace cultists wholesale.

Jakhals have great models but their rules don’t really jump out at me as something I’d want to use. I’d rather field more sacrificial rhinos if I’m fishing for BTP.

59 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

I wonder if the "Greater Possessed" models might offer conversion fodder for Eightbound as they are bigger than regular possessed and seem to be quite cheap to pick up.

Good idea. I’ve got 2 Greater Possessed on sprue. The Eightbound kit is pretty expensive for 3 models. There may be a lot of bits to stretch across other kits to make more Eightbound. I’d have liked to field two squads of six but I can’t justify spending that much money on 12 models. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/02/01/the-disciples-of-the-red-angel-are-angrons-daemon-touched-bodyguard-no-mortals-need-apply/

Those Squats in the middle:

"My center is giving way, my right is retreating, situation excellent, I am attacking."

Edited by phandaal

Are they giving out old-style rerolls again? I haven't kept up with the rules, but I thought it was interesting that the relic in the article says "you may reroll the wound roll." You do have to call your target, though.

7 hours ago, Khornestar said:

David: With Angron, and characters like him, you don’t really look at them from the inside – from their perspective. They’re more like an overwhelming destructive force, so rather than presenting scenes from his point of view, to ruminate on his wants and ambitions, it’s more about characters experiencing him, and how his presence affects their own lives.

Good call by by David, can't really write a terminally off-the-rails mad lad demigod from a first person perspective when said terminally off-the-rails mad lad demigod has barely any sense of self left, while simultaneously being an extradimensional daemon that exists on two planes of existence at the same time.

Now if only BL kept that in mind when they started the Heresy books all these years ago.

36 minutes ago, Hellex_The_Thanatar said:

I'm foreseeing a major challenge killing the red angel with custodes.

Much like I struggle to drop Magnus or Mortarion but harsher penalties for failing to get him off the table. Going to be a hard kiting game with units very far apart. Hmmm

Jet bikes are probably your go to after you drop him the first time a unit of 3-4 with salvo launchers can probably keep taking him off the board.  a few of the specific shield hosts has tricks of their own. Honestly he ain't tough so don't worry to much. 

13 minutes ago, BLACK BLΠFLY said:

I can’t believe they didn’t drill out the barrel of the bolt pistol… :jawdrop:

The quality of those vids have fell of the side of a cliff over the years:laugh:

Youtubers do a better paint job/tutorials:yes:

1 hour ago, Nephaston said:

Good call by by David, can't really write a terminally off-the-rails mad lad demigod from a first person perspective when said terminally off-the-rails mad lad demigod has barely any sense of self left, while simultaneously being an extradimensional daemon that exists on two planes of existence at the same time.

Now if only BL kept that in mind when they started the Heresy books all these years ago.

David Guymer is someone I would trust to write a good Primarch. He had a great depiction of the Lion in "Lord of the First," focusing on how inhuman a Primarch would be. Especially one who grew to maturity alone on a death world.

Sounds like he had a good plan in mind with Angron as well.