World Eaters Points/Rules leaks

0l0qQH9REFjrshVD.jpg

I dont know why ( dont care that much for angron nor krieg) but that is one awesome piece of 40k art, I almost hear the sound and see the scene evolving through just that one image, do the novels usually have alot of art inside ? or is this more likely from AoO Angron ?

2 hours ago, TheMawr said:

I don't know why ( dont care that much for angron nor krieg) but that is one awesome piece of 40k art, I almost hear the sound and see the scene evolving through just that one image, do the novels usually have alot of art inside ? or is this more likely from AoO Angron ?

How do you even begin to describe what you are seeing back to your Commanding Officer. 

"Sir by the name of the throne...a...war made manifest is approaching our position." 

What an incredible art piece.

2 hours ago, Borbarad said:

So what is everyone’s take on the points costs now that we have a better understanding of each units abilities?

Too expensive, for most things. Either they’re directly shared units like rhinos etc. that don’t have free upgrades, or they’re units like berzerkers whose equivalents are both cheaper and get free wargear.

Judging by the leaked points sheet from a while ago.

Whether or not they’ll bother/believe they need to drop an erratum day 1 for the sake of parity is up in the air but… seems unlikely to me. My assumption is they’ll take a while or just not.

17 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

The more I see the minis the more I think the sigmar fellas or even normal possessed + a chainaxe will likely be the same size etc and a lot cheaper.

A lot cheaper yes. Subjective to the max but wouldn’t look as good IMO.

Just now, Marshal Loss said:

Comment from GW on FB says that the combat patrol will come "in a few months time". Hopefully just a case of the community team not actually knowing.

Always hard to guess exactly which cog in the machine is getting it wrong. History would suggest the WHC team, but who knows? 

I don't have nails in my head so I'm not Frothing mad to get the Khorne toys this very moment... I will wait a couple months for that Patrol box... Khorne (and GW)  may be displeased with me but the Wallet God will raise me to new heights  !! :devil:...  Such an Obvious ploy from GW to make the zealots buy up the expensive stuff first then still want to buy the "Savings" stuff later ..cause they need to add to the grey pile even though their 2000pt army is already done :tongue:...

One (very expensive) Box of Eightbound and adding some Possessed + will make good conversions... and save coins for the coin throne!!

M.    

20 minutes ago, INKS said:

fair enough but this shelves WE for me until we see that patrol. It's the core of the army for me. At this rate it'll be 10e by the time WE are ready for me to get a game in. lol

Agreed, I'm actually glad WE are coming out in time for 9th, as my mates and I are thinking of not forking out wads of cash for 10th and just staying with 9th...& tweaking it a tad, That is Unless 10th Ed is the "Holy grail of Game design" (Of which I highly doubt it will be,:confused:GW is always going to make bloat in books/Rules as it makes easy money for em...) 

On topic, The Angron Models painted by the Influencers on WarCom are pretty nice indeed! , I'm quite liking Angron with pale skin, it makes him look scarier actually! 

M. 

2 hours ago, INKS said:

fair enough but this shelves WE for me until we see that patrol. It's the core of the army for me. At this rate it'll be 10e by the time WE are ready for me to get a game in. lol

I was initially bummed about the combat patrol not being released this weekend. I was planning on using it to update my 20-something-year-old Zerker squads. But I do have Zerkers and a Juggernaut lord. I’ve got cultists that I can use as Jakhals. It gives me time to enjoy Angron and the Eightbound without a pending pile of Zerkers on sprue staring at me from the shelf.

1 hour ago, Trokair said:

Is the last one in that article a Dornian Heresy reference?

I'm pretty sure it is :thumbsup:, so that's his body minus wings!! ... 

also i just saw the "disciples of the red angel"... that would be one stupidly expensive army to run... :ohmy:... which of course will get nerfed for 10th Ed ... and people  errr... i mean Meta gamers will end up with 30+ spare  Eightbound... :laugh:

M. 

Edited by Mumeishi

It definitely delays my infantry. I'll probably grab a box or two of Berserkers now to get the army off its feet, and then wait until the combat patrol comes out to go any further with that.

In the meantime, I can keep going with getting tanks done, Daemon Prince, Terminators, Eightbound, etc.

2 minutes ago, Mumeishi said:

I'm pretty sure it is :thumbsup:, so that's his body minus wings!! ... 

also i just saw the "disciples of the red angel"... that would be one stupidly expensive army to run... :ohmy:... which of course will get nerfed for 10th Ed ... and people  errrMeta gamers will end up with 30+ spare  Eightbound... :laugh:

M. 

Yeah, it'd be expensive as hell, and definitely not the wisest direction to go while 10E is right around the corner. Way better to stick to building out the core army, get your Berserkers, Terminators, Rhinos, etc. going.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

@WrathOfTheLion That's a good point...I guess I could grab a few of those New Heresy Deimos pattern Rhino's and paint em up in seriously weathered World Eaters White with heavy splashes of Blood !!... to show they've been "Delivering World Eaters since the 30th millennium" :thumbsup:  ... cause I'm going to need a way to get those Zerkers across the field ASAP!. 

Question - Is the Proteus the closest 30K equivalent to a modern "Landraider"...? as in could i use a Proteus as a Landraider in my World eaters 40k army :sweat:

Was thinking of making My World eaters army look as though they have been using the same Vehicles that they fled into the eye of terror with all those thousands of years ago...

M. 

Edited by Mumeishi