World Eaters Points/Rules leaks

1 minute ago, Mumeishi said:

@WrathOfTheLion That's a good point...I guess I could grab a few of those New Heresy Rhino's and paint em up in seriously weathered World Eaters White with heavy splashes of Blood !!... to show they've been "Delivering World Eaters since the 30th millennium" :thumbsup:  ... cause I'm going to need a way to get those Zerkers across the field ASAP!.  

M. 

I already got one painted in Red, I think it's going to look great with the berserkers. I also picked up a Chaos Rhino, and it has enough spikes and all to trick out the Deimos Rhino as well.

1 hour ago, Mumeishi said:

1 hour ago, Mumeishi said:

@WrathOfTheLion That's a good point...I guess I could grab a few of those New Heresy Deimos pattern Rhino's and paint em up in seriously weathered World Eaters White with heavy splashes of Blood !!... to show they've been "Delivering World Eaters since the 30th millennium" :thumbsup:  ... cause I'm going to need a way to get those Zerkers across the field ASAP!. 

Question - Is the Proteus the closest 30K equivalent to a modern "Landraider"...? as in could i use a Proteus as a Landraider in my World eaters 40k army :sweat:

Was thinking of making My World eaters army look as though they have been using the same Vehicles that they fled into the eye of terror with all those thousands of years ago...

M. 

Go for it, I've got my World Eaters 30k army pulling double duty and using it for 40k as well. 

Edited by Irate Khornate

So I watched the Battle Report for Big Angie and noticed a few modeling things.

I could be wrong but those terminators had an awful lot of extra bits , khornate crests on the head socket shields with khorne symbols on the shoulders and what looked like maybe 2 new weapons on the terminators that combined with all the new transfers they seem to have I wonder if there gonna be alot of extras in the bezerker boxes for kit bashing or if perhaps an world eater upgrade kit might be on the cards

Edited by Guzzlrr

I'd like a world eaters army, but the release has me stuck. Part of me would prefer to make them a dual-game heresy based force with the more daemonic or weird 40k elements represented through captured beasts and gribblies.  On the flip side, a much delayed combat patrol is a turn off and they're allergic to making 30k despoilers in plastic, so I'm just encouraged to not do it yet.

3 hours ago, Guzzlrr said:

I could be wrong but those terminators had an awful lot of extra bits , khornate crests on the head socket shields with khorne symbols on the shoulders and what looked like maybe 2 new weapons on the terminators that combined with all the new transfers they seem to have I wonder if there gonna be alot of extras in the bezerker boxes for kit bashing or if perhaps an world eater upgrade kit might be on the cards

They were conversions featured in White Dwarf a few months ago. I think by Wade Price but I'm at work so can't check. I don't think they used parts from the new kits considering how long ago the issue was published and how far in advance any content was provided. I can't be sure of that though.

3 hours ago, Guzzlrr said:

They are Wade Pryces conversions. The extra bits are AoS bits. 

On 2/2/2023 at 10:28 AM, Borbarad said:

So what is everyone’s take on the points costs now that we have a better understanding of each units abilities?

The Lord Innovactus seems like a Lynchpin/Autotake unit for the army. Gives all Infantry +2" movement within 6" plus gives 2 Core units a pregame Normal move.

An Example would be: 2 Units of E8B are given the pregame move, they move 11" total. They then move 11" at the start of their turn (Assuming you can get the Innvocatus in 6" range) and are easily charging T1.

Many of the units seem to be quite easy to kill including both varients of Eightbound and Angron. Whilst Angron can feasibly come back several times in a game, he's a weaker flying Knight. He has less wounds and Toughness which he gains in being able to fly and kill whatever he touches. I honestly doubt most armies will struggle to kill him in a turn or two and will likely be killed the turn he comes back. Angron has some ways to mitigate being shot at, namely not being able to fall back from combat although there are a few factions who can still shoot into combat (my CSM armies love to shoot friendlies in the back)

I think the strength of the army and what will set a lot of players apart, is the movement shenanigans the army is able to pull. We'll see where it ends up overall, I think it's got a lot of potential (weirdly, I think good AoS players will thrive with WE)

2 hours ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

I think the strength of the army and what will set a lot of players apart, is the movement shenanigans the army is able to pull. We'll see where it ends up overall, I think it's got a lot of potential (weirdly, I think good AoS players will thrive with WE)

To me, that's one of the things that makes it really appealing to play. I've been watching and playing a lot of Slaves to Darkness recently, so I rather think it's a bit of fresh air to see the actual playing part be important vs most of it being decided in the list building stage like a lot of the rest of 40k feels like right now.

I'm looking forward to playing this Codex I think, even though it'll only have its small lifespan :(

Edited by WrathOfTheLion
spelling

10 hours ago, Mumeishi said:

@WrathOfTheLion That's a good point...I guess I could grab a few of those New Heresy Deimos pattern Rhino's and paint em up in seriously weathered World Eaters White with heavy splashes of Blood !!... to show they've been "Delivering World Eaters since the 30th millennium" :thumbsup:  ... cause I'm going to need a way to get those Zerkers across the field ASAP!. 

Question - Is the Proteus the closest 30K equivalent to a modern "Landraider"...? as in could i use a Proteus as a Landraider in my World eaters 40k army :sweat:

Was thinking of making My World eaters army look as though they have been using the same Vehicles that they fled into the eye of terror with all those thousands of years ago...

M. 

I think you could do a Proteus, just make sure you build it with the assault ramp. I think you'd need to give it heavy bolters for the top mounted weapons, no flamers or lascannons there :sad:

19 hours ago, Marshal Loss said:

Comment from GW on FB says that the combat patrol will come "in a few months time". Hopefully just a case of the community team not actually knowing.

Thats good to know, will give me time to scrape together the cash. Sucks for those of you who have the cash ready and have to wait though.

the warhammer community youtube's header has the (partial visible) full width image of the cover art of the world eaters codex.. and the axe-head cultist there is.. exquisite XD I know its artistic liberty, but I wonder what I'd like more if they would do something with that in the future; if it was a cultist or an actual axe used by some WE character.

Pre-orders up on NZ. World Eaters transfer sheet in kits is a nice surprise:

99120102156_WETransferSheet.jpg

Also sounds like the Jakhals have a decent array of spare heads/arms which is nice...and the Eightbound can be built with bare torsos. :tongue:

Edited by Marshal Loss

8bound can have bare torsos, Angron can go bare chested, Zerkers at least have bare arms, jakhals are barely dressed as is. Seems they really managed to create kits that match various kitbashes of CSM and Blades of Khorne.

Time to stock up on agrax earthshade gloss to slick those pecs and abs in oil.

That transfer sheet is pretty damn awesome. Gives plenty enough to make some real cool stuff for all your vehicles, Terminators, more generic CSM if you want to take the CSM kit to vary it up that way.

I wish they'd also do this for Death Guard and Thousand Sons.

On 2/2/2023 at 4:28 AM, Borbarad said:

So what is everyone’s take on the points costs now that we have a better understanding of each units abilities?

With those points, WE *might* be able to use Angron as a big distraction carnifex while a bunch of bezerkers get pushed up the field in rhinos, with jackals making up the home field holders and 2nd wave. Maybe. Or if not Angron then a bunch of maulerfiends and helbrutes, since you basically just need something durable enough to either pull fire from the rhinos, or if the enemy kills the rhinos instead the distraction is disruptive or killy enough that letting them get to you is also bad.

The lack of most chaos options and basically no effective shooting beyond what, predators and forgefiends? means I don't really see what other option they have. You might bring a couple predators if they're the newly buffed chaos versions just for some anti tank shooting that will share target profiles with rhinos

Bezerkers aren't cheap, but 22 ppm isn't entirely unreasonable. The free reserves in AoO is also helpful because they can put a squad or 2 into reserve and threaten a 3d6+1 strat charge from either side of the board turns 2 and 3 without needing a transport.