World Eaters Points/Rules leaks

2 hours ago, Khornestar said:

Berzerkers are more expensive compared to the old kit but isn’t a 1:1 comparison IMO.

Pricey as heck, no doubt about that. Been selling lots of stuff to fund this army.

I thought of it, while I was buying them now. I think it was less than half the price back then but you're right, it can't be a 1:1 comparison, too much variables.

And these are fantastic models. Can't wait to build them, altough in a different way, they suffer a little from "I want to be Khârn", as many models of this new range.

31 minutes ago, Triszin said:

Angron Le book already sold out. Went up around 12:55, site was slow at 12:57 it was sold out.

I didn't get it :(

I have never hit refresh so many times in my life I was checked out by 12:56 that was brutal 

Watching the influencer reviews, I'm getting a bit of deja vu in that they're all saying pretty much exactly the same things.

"No sub-factions is good, actually. Less WLT/Artifacts is good. It's a shame there aren't more options, but the codex is good."

I wasn't aware sub-factions were so contentious. I know GW sucks at internal balance, but are people really happy to see options go?

16 hours ago, Khornestar said:

Berzerkers are more expensive compared to the old kit but isn’t a 1:1 comparison IMO.

Pricey as heck, no doubt about that. Been selling lots of stuff to fund this army.

I know they're standard compared to other kits right now (e.g. Assault Intercessors), but as someone who got the old Berzerker kit back in 1999 when it came out, then took a long break from the hobby, their new price is still eye-watering. Yes, yes, these models are much better and everything has gone up in price over time, but it still stings to see the same sized models now going for £3.75 per model where they were previously 83p.

Both Arks of Omen: Angron sold out already (strd & collectors)

codex world eaters collectors already sold out, and the pre order collection bundle already sold out in Australia.

Edited by Reskin

Less Stratagems is imo a good thing, as they put a glut of decision making in the middle of the game.

Inversely less Relic/WLT/Subfactions is not a good thing as they have front-loaded decision making during list building which helps create a flavour for your army.

All in all this seems like GW overcorrecting again where they reduce bloat both the right way and the wrong way like they nerf a unit by both nerfing its stats and increasing its points.

Still I hope that WE as a standalone faction do well enough to justify a second wave, because I am certain that the obvious gaps in the unit line-up are in the backlog.

I dont mind the cutback on Warlord traits, relics and especially strats. The vast majority of traits and relics weren't used anyway, but in particular it was great to see the strats cut down to a page. Codex books are over too overbloated for new and casual players. It just pains a bit for WE specifically since they suffer a similar problem with t.sons with a lack of unit options. Resulting in few list variations. 

If this is the new direction, great. Hopefully the cut on bloat means GW has an easier time with balance. It will only be a product of good if they can be as consistant as possible as long as possible, but history has shown otherwise....

I’m not to bummed with the reduced amount of strategems. The ones that are in the book seem quite good. 

The lack of units really irks me. Not every codex can be as large as the SM one, but in hindsight I would have prefered a large CSM codex with supplements rather than this stripped down book. 

1 hour ago, Ahzek451 said:

If this is the new direction, great. Hopefully the cut on bloat means GW has an easier time with balance. It will only be a product of good if they can be as consistant as possible as long as possible, but history has shown otherwise....

While I don’t disagree I’m not sure that will help though. Sure, will make the list building quicker and you will more quickly remember your WT/relics/ strategems because there are fewer. 

What grinds the game down for me though is tons of small rules to remember and associated micro management. And the WE codex is still ripe with those; for instance blood tithe: You have to count points and remember what you purchased.

The SM codex is probably the biggest offender with its multilayered rules in different phases that all interact with each other.

6 hours ago, Lord Marshal said:

I wasn't aware sub-factions were so contentious. I know GW sucks at internal balance, but are people really happy to see options go?

Sub-factions are great. Adds a little more flavor to the codex, and they should definitely not go away. For World Eaters though, they are the subfaction.

What I cannot get behind is the random unit removal. No generic Chaos Lord? No Red Butchers? C'mon, man!

Because not all bloat is equal. Stratagems are bad because most of them are just "do better" buttons and are usually too many to be useful or take designspace that could have been used otherwise, while subfactions change how the army plays completely in a few sentences. Stripping subfactions away decreases bloat, sure, but it also removes one of the more significant parts of differentiation between otherwise identical lists. I would rather have no stratagems but a standard suite of subfactions, relics, and WLT (read 6 each) instead of half or a quarter the stratagems, half of Relics/WLTs, and no subfactions.

That said, the inclusion of an Army of Renown to spice things up is nice.

3 hours ago, BLACK BLΠFLY said:

People want less bloat then still complain…

Yes, people did complain, and now other people are complaining in the other direction. "People" are not a monolithic entity, and "people" can express contradictory opinions simultaneously.

This is a bugbear of mine: the idea that a community of people are supposed to share identical views, and when they don't, they are seen as irrational.

1 minute ago, Cheex said:

Yes, people did complain, and now other people are complaining in the other direction. "People" are not a monolithic entity, and "people" can express contradictory opinions simultaneously.

This is a bugbear of mine: the idea that a community of people are supposed to share identical views, and when they don't, they are seen as irrational.

People are the worst.

They are small books. I don't know why they cost another 5 dollars for less. The lore is nice. the boarding actions I like (although I fear bloat, keep the game mode simple). But it's less than 100 pages.

10 hours ago, Tymell said:

I know they're standard compared to other kits right now (e.g. Assault Intercessors), but as someone who got the old Berzerker kit back in 1999 when it came out, then took a long break from the hobby, their new price is still eye-watering. Yes, yes, these models are much better and everything has gone up in price over time, but it still stings to see the same sized models now going for £3.75 per model where they were previously 83p.

I also remember getting the old kit when it first come out! I was in phase 2 training for the army. I'm happy to pay this price, normally from whichever seller is doing the best discount, because I no longer use GW's rules. It's so much less worrisome without bothering about the tax that the endless carousel of editions, codexes, supplements and  meta balance changes bring. I get to use all my toys without worrying about a unit being "optimal". 

I understand that some people aren't entirely satisfied with this new codex, be it due to the cost of units or the reduction in options and stratagems. 

It's worth remembering that 10th edition should be coming within the year, so the balance of the meta will shift once again.

6 hours ago, phandaal said:

Sub-factions are great. Adds a little more flavor to the codex, and they should definitely not go away. For World Eaters though, they are the subfaction.

Playing Death Guard I felt the same way. Why does the sub-faction need its own sub-factions? Never made sense to me. I wouldn't lose sleep over losing them in the next edition and codex.

54 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

I understand that some people aren't entirely satisfied with this new codex, be it due to the cost of units or the reduction in options and stratagems. 

It's worth remembering that 10th edition should be coming within the year, so the balance of the meta will shift once again.

I don't feel like people not being able to field Vindicators is anything to do with the meta.

If you meant to say "10th is round the corner they'll get another codex within 24 months" that would be likely accurate.