Wrath of the Soul Forge King boxset

9 minutes ago, WARMASTER_ said:

Nothing at all that’s what I was saying? He’s right again with everything so why would he be wrong about the new Terminators 

This is an interesting question though. He says, based on what he sees, that models themselves are classic, but chunkier. Elsewhere, claims have been made that their rules are 'primaris'. Valrak himself suggests the distinction between classic and primaris is going away.

Things is, potentially all of the above could be true. It could be that the models are pretty much the classic indomnitus dog face termies we all know, upscaled so they don't look small next to primaris marines (aka chonkier). They could have the rule statline as if being a primaris marine, +1 W and attack (+1 wound still applies to marine character that were primarized, if not general infantry anymore), and it could be that the distinction between firstborn and primaris, aka they keyword, is going away.

22 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

This is an interesting question though. He says, based on what he sees, that models themselves are classic, but chunkier. Elsewhere, claims have been made that their rules are 'primaris'. Valrak himself suggests the distinction between classic and primaris is going away.

Things is, potentially all of the above could be true. It could be that the models are pretty much the classic indomnitus dog face termies we all know, upscaled so they don't look small next to primaris marines (aka chonkier). They could have the rule statline as if being a primaris marine, +1 W and attack (+1 wound still applies to marine character that were primarized, if not general infantry anymore), and it could be that the distinction between firstborn and primaris, aka they keyword, is going away.

Most definitely! I imagine the case to be that they’re a faithful resculpt of the Firstborn bringing them in line with the newer Chaos Terminators and as no one has seen the new 10th edition rules that’s where the confusion is coming from with the supposed bumped up stat line! We can’t really guess how much the stats will change for anything in 10th it’s probable they’re finally making their stats fit the lore 

The Chaos side of this box is of no interest to me, but love I Azrael. It’s a shame that GW still make boxes like this. It’d be fine if it was an edition starter set, and Killteam boxes work well in this format. However they’d make more sales I feel if they released a Chaos box and a DA box. People who want one of the factions could purchase the box for the faction they want without having to worry about splitting with a friend, flipping the half they don’t want or sitting on models they may never use with the mindset that they may or may not start another army at some point in the future. Plus if someone does want both, they could by both. If that DA stuff was available separately I’d probably buy it as I like Azrael, the Terminators are a solid choice and great sculpts, plus who doesn’t love Intercessors. Guess I’ll wait for individual release.

Edited by Captain Smashy Pants

On 1/27/2023 at 9:31 AM, phandaal said:

Does he know the Lion is still around? We know the Emperor knows, and the Watchers, but has it been stated anywhere that anyone else knows?

To my knowledge, only Luther. The info the DA have from Luther was probably taken with a major grain of salt and those he has told probably don’t believe him.

so maybe DA supreme grandmaster?

i don’t think it’s ever been said of Azrael believes him.

On 1/27/2023 at 10:07 AM, Ammonius said:

Maybe Vashtorr only wants the body of the Lion to corrupt with daemon-cybernetics to make some kind of Primarch/Obliterator monster?

More than likely he’s after T’chula*, the daemon teleportation entity. It’s essentially a key to get into anywhere.

as it will take you to anywhere you want.

On 1/28/2023 at 2:51 AM, WARMASTER_ said:

See for me it confirms the exact opposite, Valrak once again was spot on with rumours so why is he suddenly wrong now when it’s from the same source.These are also Deathwing Terminators not only an old box that wants shifting before a new kit comes out but also I very fluffy unit to have with Azrael 

I don’t remember any rumors from him regarding this particular kit. :yes:

5 hours ago, BLACK BLΠFLY said:

I don’t remember any rumors from him regarding this particular kit. :yes:

You have selective memory then, because I definitely remember rumours of a "named daemon Prince which wasn't the S2D one" and a chaos vs space marines battleset that he shared here and on YouTube late 2022.

2mins searching in NR&A:

Certainly not the most specific, but it's definitely a rumour concerning this kit

Edited by Doctor Perils

I agree that this mix of two Factions habit is horrible.

As much as I'd like to restart a Chaos army there is no way I'd do it with this kit. From another perspective imagine being newish to the game and having two factions in one box... horrible.

Vashtarr is an awesome model but the rest are disjointed pile of meh.

Azrael is a must have for us DA but as some have rightly mentioned apart from the Characters if you already have these armies you probably already have the non character units.

Oh well, bright side is Azzy might be available cheaply on trade sites. That being said it's so disjointed for the non character units what bits would you even buy it for? 

Getting Vashtarr, the Oblits and Venom would be a nice start to a Deamon Engine army assuming you've not picked up the Oblits and Venom elsewhere cheaply already. But then you still have cultists, Azzy and the DA to flick.

Hopefully someone does that, but I'm doubting enough to make Azzy a cheap on-sell.

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

On 1/28/2023 at 6:22 AM, Borbarad said:

Am I the only OCD person here who refuses mix firstborn and primaris in one army and runs to armies instead?

This is why I love the detachment system right here.

If you keep all your Primaris in a detachment, and all your firstborn in another, you get that sense of order and structure- so you can eat your cake, but you can field both detachments in the same army and have your cake too.

I've been doing this since the Witch Hunter days with my SoB- the Inquisition (3-5)/ Ecclesiarchy (8-9) units and Sister units have always been either separate allied armies (before the detachment system existed), or separate detachments. 

I see Vashtor hanging with a gang of BSF Negavolt Cultists- I wish they'd make a Kill Team of Negavolts for exactly that purpose. They would feel more suitable to the dark-mechanus vibe that Vashtor's got going on that standard cultists.